geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] "Troubled Minds" - a Joker/Eva01 inspired set - Up on Massdrop!

(1/113) > >>

thesiscamper:

BACKGROUND
Hi guys! I'm new to mechanical keyboards, about a couple of months into it. After learning of custom kits I wanted to create my own. This theme, oddly enough, started because the only Ducky Shine 2 on stock at the shop was one with green LEDs. So I wondered what looks good with green? Violet of course, courtesy of the Joker! The colors match Eva 001's and after some initial feedback I figured, why not make it work for both? I hope you guys like it as much as I do!

Thanks a lot to Wilba for his template, and livingspeedbump for his awesome assistance!

POLLS ARE DONE

SET INFO
Although the renders are SA profile, there are no details that are set in stone yet! I know SP currently has a few SA sets in the works and that making this SA would have a shipping date quite far in the future (probably April/May?)

Set will be SA ABS, doubleshot using RDE for purple, VAT for green, OAS for orange, RN for red, and WFR/WA for white.

I'm now trying to finalize the novelties.

PROGRESS & UPDATES

* IC Started on 9/18/15
* Updated novelties on 9/19/15
* Poll started, updated novelties render on 9/21/15
* Poll reset, SA profile and purple on green mods chosen on 9/22/15
* Poll closed, set name is "Troubled Minds"and legend process is doubleshot on 9/23/15
* Designed new novelties, adjusted colors on 9/24/15 and 9/25/15
* Finalized novelty kits (almost), updated 2D mockups on 9/26/15
* Poll for row numbering started on 10/03/15
* Exploring group buy options on 10/07/15
* Updated mockups to the more accurate colors on 10/14/2015
* Added ErgoDox Kit on 10/22/2015

SET RENDERS & CHILD DEALS (None are final!)
Base Kit

Numpad Kit

Novelties (Joker & EVA themed)

ISO kit

International Kit

Adapter Kit

DVORAK/Colemak Kit

Color Modifier Kit

Planck/Atomic Kit

Ergodox Kit

Novelty Mockups

ErgoDox Mockup

Thanks for looking! Please leave any input/advice you have in the thread! I'm open to working with what the community wants!  :thumb:

Sifo:
Finally. I've been meaning to run this set for over a year but if someone else wants to do it, I'm happy so long as it gets done. You have my support, order, and help if you need it.

livingspeedbump:
looking good! huge potential here  :thumb:

romevi:

--- Quote from: Sifo on Fri, 18 September 2015, 16:14:01 ---Finally. I've been meaning to run this set for over a year but if someone else wants to do it, I'm happy so long as it gets done. You have my support, order, and help if you need it.

--- End quote ---

lol, didn't you stop Matt3o's from running because of  the Eva set?!

CPTBadAss:

--- Quote from: Sifo on Fri, 18 September 2015, 16:14:01 ---Finally. I've been meaning to run this set for over a year but if someone else wants to do it, I'm happy so long as it gets done. You have my support, order, and help if you need it.

--- End quote ---

Yeeeee finally came out :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version