Author Topic: Can you watch too much TV?  (Read 801 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Can you watch too much TV?
« on: Sat, 20 April 2024, 22:03:17 »
Tp4 is fast approaching the point where he can't watch anymore TV, or else he might die.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Can you watch too much TV?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 April 2024, 07:04:08 »
A couple of hours in a day should be plenty, twice that occasionally, and triple that rarely.

Otherwise you are likely to become a "couch potato"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 April 2024, 09:39:30 »
It's not the TV that kills you, it's the commercials.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 April 2024, 19:02:16 »
It's a broken down house, oh ghosts, queue poor communication, bad problem solving, irrational behavior.

It's a space station, oh something broke alright, bad engineering, magic rocks, they try to fix it, they can't cuz aliens...

Sigh.... 

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 April 2024, 22:26:45 »
I barely watch tv anymore, I don't think I've watched tradtional television in years, and barely watch any media recently (except for smiling friends I guess)

I do want to watch the stuff people have reccomended me though, but I am doing other stuff instead.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Mandan

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 01:24:03 »
I don't know.  I haven't had a TV since 1986.

Offline TriviP

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 02:27:45 »
"Too much TV" is when you have too little time to do stuff and instead of focusing on important stuff you spend it on TV

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 02:55:00 »
Oh, TP is counting on-demand streaming as "TV"?

I was going to say that I almost don't watch TV any more, because there is nothing on regular TV that is worth watching.
Reruns of shows from the '90s and 00's, and the news, but that is getting too depressing. That's it.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 05:33:38 »
Reruns of shows from the '90s and 00's, and the news, but that is getting too depressing. That's it.
That's actually become a huge problem in the industry.
Big networks used to be the backbone of new shows and decided setting up streaming services was more important. To save costs they gutted their creative departments, altered decades long deals and basically just sat back waiting for the money to roll in. Except that it didn't and all they've done is accelerate the death of TV.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 08:16:33 »

the backbone of new shows

Those of use who grew up on 3 networks and no such thing as recording TV shows (much less movies) have an incredibly different viewpoint.

As I always say, everything changed about the time Reagan came to office, and politics was only part of it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 09:56:21 »
That's actually become a huge problem in the industry.
Big networks used to be the backbone of new shows and decided setting up streaming services was more important. To save costs they gutted their creative departments, altered decades long deals and basically just sat back waiting for the money to roll in. Except that it didn't and all they've done is accelerate the death of TV.

Really wonder how this content war will play out. Netflix is so far ahead.  The only company that can challenge them are the likes of Tencent/ Alibaba.

But, which one of these american firms are willing to partner?

It seems like what will happen is they'll set up shop, hemorrhage money, until they fold and sell content on netflix.

Look at Steam. That's what's happening against every other E-shop.

There's a possibility that the Russian Grey Key sites can pull something together, but this is a big maybe.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 23 April 2024, 06:09:15 »
Really wonder how this content war will play out. Netflix is so far ahead.  The only company that can challenge them are the likes of Tencent/ Alibaba.
Mergers, hostile takeovers, purchases and a lot has already happened.

Amazon owns Prime and MGM+ which owns a ton of old school movie companies
Comcast owns Peacock, Dreamworks, Universal Pictures and a ton of old school networks such as NBC, as well as a bunch of music companies.
Disney owns Lucas, Hulu and just about everything else.
Discovery owns a bunch of small and large cable channels and their own streaming service.

I suspect it will settle into 2 or 3 major leagues plus a low end provider such as Netflix.
The weird thing is who wins may not be as obvious as you think, Disney isn't the old Disney, if someone offered enough they'd sell out all or in parts in a heartbeat and Disney+ has been a money pit. Amazon has been shown they aren't infallible and runs the risk of government intervention causing a breakup which would force a selloff. Then you have Comcast who has historically mismanaged their media arm. Discovery could either grow and buy up someone or get snatched up, it's mostly an investment firm and while they have a streaming service it's struggling to find a foothold. Tencent could afford it but I can absolutely see the feds stepping in and blocking anything like that. Apple could also be a wildcard as they have AppleTV and enough capitol to buy their way in, though they may be running out of time if their hold on Iphone lessens due to lawsuits. Google (who also faces monopoly threats) could also make a jump as Comcast is also a major internet cable supplier and if either made this jump, Microsoft could see it as a threat and snatch up something.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More