geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Brass plates: Custom and 60% ANSI/ISO (Soon)

(1/15) > >>

KaosJ:
Hello GH,   
I found a good way to water-cut shiny/polished brass plates here in Italy. I'm considering to start a GB for 60% plates since i can't buy by myself the whole Brass sheet for only my plates.   

For the 60% i was thinking of doing 2 versions:

* ANSI (standard or multiple layouts) - the most important thing to me here is that every switch will clip correctly in the plate.
* Universal - Including ISO, ANSI in multiple layouts, some switches will not clip so you might need some PCB mounted switches.
* I can accept custom layouts as long as the person will provide a .dxf for it (i will not test your design, I will just cut it)
Price should be (not sure yet) $30-35 for a 60% plate, not idea for custom layouts.     
Shipping is not included and i'm considering someone wiling to proxy this to US brothers, possibly a vendor or someone known.

Please fill the form below if you might be interested or if you want to help me out to understand what you/other people want. 
IC FORM here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScpa_NsRQVezRpoy1XREtZZTY00NFyC_5lVVXkL7F8K26MfQA/viewform

Also, coating is planned but i have to discuss this with the producer
Thanks  :D

---

EDIT: for coating read here 

EDIT 2: Added sample of brass
More

EDIT 3 (03-12-2017): Brass GB still happening, i had to change the producer for a better one so it toke time, hopefully the GB will start this week if everything goes well. Custom layouts confirmed, covered brass confirmed, previous price should be confirmed. 

EDIT 4 (new producer):  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91995.msg2540246#msg2540246 Cut is laser, no longer water, cut on point, coat NOT on point (fixing coating is the goal now)   

EDIT 5 :  Got a lot of interest. Due me not having 2-3 weeks of free-time to handle GB and mostly shipping, the project is momentarily on hold, i won't start anything if i can't make sure that everything goes smooth, basically i can start this only when i have enough time to dedicate to the GB.    Hopefully project will restart when possible.

KaosJ:
A sample of the shiny brass

SoonTM

Murrellz:
Looks like a really nice sample. Definitely still interested in this.

Damonskv:
I am very interesting in variant with a removable stabs, in this case, you can make a thicker plate, have you considered the possibility of increasing the thickness? It is possible to do up to 5mm, i’m think i’m not only one, who love additional weight of it ;)

KaosJ:

--- Quote from: Damonskv on Tue, 24 October 2017, 09:03:58 ---I am very interesting in variant with a removable stabs, in this case, you can make a thicker plate, have you considered the possibility of increasing the thickness? It is possible to do up to 5mm, i’m think i’m not only one, who love additional weight of it ;)

--- End quote ---

This will imply a bigger cost, if there are T H I C C smaller sheets i can do some of these (i should ask again to the seller). In this case not sure if the holes to make switch top open is still ok. 

Have a sample of the stabilizer removable plate (that i did for myself), is a sample in Stainless steel and not cleaned yet and i'm testing it right now. 

The first thoughts on the sample are:

* Maybe i should do the holes slightly bigger, i did  exactly 14mm that is supertight on the switch, good for stable switch but hell to remove. Also with steel might scratch/bend the pins to clip the switch after few swaps so a bigger hole will be better (maybe 14.1mm)
* I'm also considering doing it smaller than 1.5mm, the current samples are 1.5 (standard) and the switch is really tight, will destroy the clip-pins after few swap.  I have with me some plates from kbdfans and other and seems like they do it slightly tinner, idk no calipher now, but seems like it is 1.3 or 1.4mm 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version