Author Topic: Best way to add negative tilt to keyboard?  (Read 11934 times)

Offline kencheeto

Best way to add negative tilt to keyboard?
« on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 17:58:26 »
Negative tilt has been a lifesaver for my RSI. I've just picked up a Realforce R2 55g, and have been using a Grifiti wrist pad to prop up the front end, but am wondering if anyone has found something that's about TKL width that has been a good solution.

Looking for recommendations for something solid like acoustic foam speaker stands or any other sort of foam wedge, rather than a keyboard tray that mounts under the desk. Thanks!

Offline BundleOfJoysticks

Re: Best way to add negative tilt to keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 09:10:16 »
Post-It note pads. Not joking.

I made a tenting riser thing out of wood, too.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 14:50:25 »
You don't strictly need a wedge, you just need something to prop up the front with. A stack of sticky notes actually sounds perfect for this although over time you will probably crumple some of the notes.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Myteethfeelweird

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 23:11:23 »
The post it thing works well but something more aEsThEtIc, would be to make a wrist rest, that has a piece that would fit under the keyboard to raise up the close edge. Highly recommend applying some rubber pads here to prevent slipping

Offline kencheeto

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 00:32:27 »
I ended up using these which are incredibly expensive for what they solve but they're unobtrusive and matte black!

https://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-Desktop-Speaker-Stands-Pair/dp/B005STCILC