Author Topic: [IC] GMK Rudy - GB OVER  (Read 77024 times)

Offline Warrenified

[IC] GMK Rudy - GB OVER
« on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:33:24 »

GB PAGE

Join our Discord server for frequent updates!

I'm super excited to present to you:

GMK Rudy

GB Date: December 1st, 2019

About

GMK Rudy is inspired by the classic American football film, Rudy. Based on a real life story, the movie captures Rudy Ruettiger’s journey to play football for the University of Notre Dame. To escape his impoverished life as a steel mill worker with poor grades, he works with a tutor to eventually gain admission to his dream school. Once there, he earns himself a spot on the university’s legendary team where he wears jersey #45 (pictured below).

This movie means a lot to us as it is a story about overcoming hardship purely through hard work and perseverance. Warren is actually a college football player at a small Division III school in Southern California. It is the love for this movie and for the sport of American football that really gave us the inspiration to design this set. We hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. And we urge you to watch the movie if you haven’t!

One thing we want to guarantee is our hard work and open communication. We will look to routinely update and check in on all threads. The potential success of this set is determined by your interest and passion for it. We hope that our love for it shines through.

Design

The colors of this set are wholly inspired by the school colors of the University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The set uses two RAL colors and one stock GMK color, for the purpose of accurate GMK color matching.

Kits

Base Kit

We didn't want to make any compromises so we're offering numpad, accent arrow keys, and ISO compatibility in our base kit!

Dark Horse Kit (Navy Alphas)

This kit, inspired by Rudy's drive, will create a uniform navy keyset. The kit is named the Dark Horse kit as Rudy was an underdog throughout his entire life and athletic career.

Spacebars

We kept the spacebar kit basic, included are 1.25u, 1.75u, 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u, 6u (centered), 6.25u and 7u bars.

Renders

RAMA M60A

TGR 910 RE

Satisfaction75

RAMA U80-A

Collaborations

SummitCables

We are teaming up with SummitCables to bring you GMK Rudy themed cables!

Alpha Keycaps

We are collaborating with Alpha Keycaps to bring you a GMK Rudy themed Keypora! Here is a mock design.

Latrialum

We are also doing an artisan collaboration with Latrialum! Stay tuned for more information on that.

Iron165 Giveaway

We have confirmed a GMK Rudy themed Iron165 giveaway with Smith + Rune. If we hit 500 base kit sales, we will giveaway a whole navy Iron165 kit for free! You must have purchased at least a base kit to be eligible. Below are some renders with the Iron165 with GMK Rudy.

GOOGLE FORM

Please fill out the Google form if you are interested in seeing this set go live!

Join our Discord server for frequent updates!

Vendors

US: CannonKeys

Canada: deskhero.ca

EU: mykeyboard.eu

Asia: iLumKB

Oceania: DailyClack

Pricing

US (CannonKeys)
Base Kit: $129.99
Dark Horse Kit: $71.99
Spacebars: $21.99

Canada (deskhero.ca)
Base Kit: $189.99 CAD
Dark Horse Kit: $102.99 CAD
Spacebars: $32.99 CAD

EU (mykeyboard.eu)
Base Kit: €133.00
Dark Horse Kit: €73.00
Spacebars: €19.00

Asia (iLumKB)
Base Kit: $185.00 SGD
Dark Horse Kit: $105.00 SGD
Spacebars: $32.00 SGD

Oceania (DailyClack)
Base Kit: $199.00 AUD
Dark Horse Kit: $110.00 AUD
Spacebars: $34.00 AUD

Special Thanks

We would like to give a big thank you and show our appreciation to all of those who have helped us over the course of the project.

Walker
Rudy Ruettiger
Abec13
Janglad
Rensuya
Hisui Hyena
Upas
Otani
Langelandia
GotJuiceMate
Adxlk

Change Log

6.13.19 - Updated Kit Renders. We changed the mods to icon+text. We also got a new helmet design that is more representative of Rudy's, changed the Enter novelty to prevent any infringement of intellectual property, and added "Sack!" R4 1u novelties.

6.14.19 - Updated Base Kit Render. We changed back to icon mods. We were trying to tailor the set to match the novelties, and think it should be the other way around. Walker and I agreed the set looks cleaner with just icon mods.

6.22.19 - Finalized all kits and uploaded updated kit renders and board renders. The helmet design has been given the green light for GMK. We have a few more board renders planned for the future so stay tuned.

7.21.19 - Uploaded renders of RAMA caps.

7.24.19 - Announced collaboration with SummitCables to bring you GMK Rudy themed cables.

8.11.19 - Announced addition of the Dark Horse Kit and removal of Novelties kit; 910 RE render added. Novelties kit was removed due to lack of interested and demand from community.

9.27.19 - Deskmat design announcement and renders posted!

11.12.19 - Announced GB Date (12.1.19), collaborations with Latrialum and Alpha Keycaps, and Rudy themed Iron165 giveaway @ 500 base kits.

11.19.19 - Added extra tab key to Base kit and 1.25u spacebar to Spacebars kit. All renders have been updated to show this.

11.26.19 - Kit pricing announced!

Moving Forward

1) Artisan and cable collab follow up!
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2020, 19:35:03 by Warrenified »

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
Re: [IC] GMK Rudy
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:35:07 »
Don't care for football but those colors and novelties are on point! Good job  :thumb:

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:38:20 »
Don't care for football but those colors are clean and match well!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline fcoury

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:40:25 »
Yes, please. I really like the movie and the colors are spot on. I am ready!

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:41:13 »
Sooooooo lovely.

Tsangan is life so please add 1u r4 novelties!

Offline gotjuicemate

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:42:13 »
This is it
Gl 😁😁

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:45:15 »
Hot! 🔥 I'm in! Consider alternate divide and multiply characters, looks cleaner with icon mods 👌

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 10:59:12 »
I would be in for this! Love the navy/white combo.

Offline Full

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 11:11:13 »
looks awesome man! :)
Hi!

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 11:34:20 »
Clean colors, sprinkle in some Irish green in there!

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 12:19:47 »
Not a football fan, but really like the colors. Interested.

Offline OtherAndrew

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy (Added New Vendor)
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 13:43:42 »
gmk saber

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 19:11:00 »
Nice.
Great theme.

Offline jaang

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 22:25:22 »
Interested!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 22:30:07 »
I love that movie.

... you should call it "GMK Fighting Irish"

Offline rondg

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 23:04:42 »
Interested! Looks really good!

Offline mcmaxmcmc

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 01:33:34 »
The colorway reminds me of a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich.  ;D

Nice!

Offline arang

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 03:01:31 »
must have  :thumb:

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 10:19:04 »
Gotta say this set looks gorgeous. One small nitpick - why did you use a modern football helmet for the novelty?

Wouldn’t the old school 2-3 bar helmet be more appropriate aesthetically speaking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ogWalker

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy (ALL VENDORS PICKED)
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 14:15:19 »
 ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 August 2019, 13:43:30 by ogWalker »

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 16:04:37 »
new novelties are up :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 14:36:55 by ogWalker »

Offline orim23

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 16:51:56 »
I just wish that the accented spacebars are in the base set, tired of paying $30+ for a simple spacebar!

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 19:02:52 »
The more I look at this, the more I think it should be Icon + Text mods. The novelties are so large and take up so much surface area, that they look really unbalanced with the icon mods that have large areas of negative space. And I say this as a person that doesn’t really like text + icon.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 23:43:34 »
ne hiragana aviail?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 08:07:05 »
The more I look at this, the more I think it should be Icon + Text mods. The novelties are so large and take up so much surface area, that they look really unbalanced with the icon mods that have large areas of negative space. And I say this as a person that doesn’t really like text + icon.

interesting idea  :thumb:

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 13:43:15 »
_______
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 21:01:22 by ogWalker »

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 17:32:35 »
I am absolutely in.

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 14:41:02 »

Thank you for your feedback! After giving it thought, we decided to go through with this change and you can see the updated Base render in the thread. Once we have finalized our kits, we will have the board renders redone to display the changes.

Gotta say this set looks gorgeous. One small nitpick - why did you use a modern football helmet for the novelty?

Wouldn’t the old school 2-3 bar helmet be more appropriate aesthetically speaking?

Glad you like the kit! To stay consistent with the theme, we got a new design that better represents the helmet during Rudy's time. The updated Novelties kit render is in the thread above. Thanks for your feedback.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [IC] GMK Rudy (Updated Kits, Change Log Added)
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 15:04:49 »
Welp, I'm out. Damn, was really looking forward to this.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 20:20:46 »
Any chance we could keep the Irish enter?

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 20:39:57 »

We also really liked the Irish enter key. However it's the intellectual property of the University of Notre Dame. We hear colleges enforce pretty harshly so we did not want to take any chances and step on any toes.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 20:49:40 »

We also really liked the Irish enter key. However it's the intellectual property of the University of Notre Dame. We hear colleges enforce pretty harshly so we did not want to take any chances and step on any toes.

Ooohhh, fair enough. That can't be helped.

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 12:31:26 »
ne hiragana aviail?

I don't think we will be adding any sublegend kits. We want to perfect the existing sets to the best of our ability :)

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 12:50:34 »
Real bummed no Irish key... Let's just ask ND suuuuper nicely

Offline diorite

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 06:10:55 »

Thank you for your feedback! After giving it thought, we decided to go through with this change and you can see the updated Base render in the thread. Once we have finalized our kits, we will have the board renders redone to display the changes.

Glad you like the kit! To stay consistent with the theme, we got a new design that better represents the helmet during Rudy's time. The updated Novelties kit render is in the thread above. Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, but I agree that moving away from the icon mods is a bad move. They look so clean with these colors, and the renders as they are look really nice.

I honestly agree with dixie in that the text + icon mods would look better with the novelties, but I'll offer my counter argument. How many people actually buy novelties? Of those, how many actually use them on their boards regularly? And I'm not trying to knock the theme at all, but IMHO, in this community, football probably won't be a huge selling point of this set. I love people having good themes, don't get me wrong. I just think the main selling point of this set would be those super clean colors, and I believe the icon mods match the overall look best. The set is just stunning in that embodiment. I guess to boil it down (I tend to ramble) I'm asking you to reconsider the change because I don't think changing the overall look of the set to better match the novelties is a good call. In my view, if you see an issue with the synergy between the novelties and the base set, the novelties should be adjusted to match the set, not the other way around.

Maybe at the least consider a separate icon mod kit or something based on interest? A poll maybe?

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 07:14:42 »

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, but I agree that moving away from the icon mods is a bad move. They look so clean with these colors, and the renders as they are look really nice.

I honestly agree with dixie in that the text + icon mods would look better with the novelties, but I'll offer my counter argument. How many people actually buy novelties? Of those, how many actually use them on their boards regularly? And I'm not trying to knock the theme at all, but IMHO, in this community, football probably won't be a huge selling point of this set. I love people having good themes, don't get me wrong. I just think the main selling point of this set would be those super clean colors, and I believe the icon mods match the overall look best. The set is just stunning in that embodiment. I guess to boil it down (I tend to ramble) I'm asking you to reconsider the change because I don't think changing the overall look of the set to better match the novelties is a good call. In my view, if you see an issue with the synergy between the novelties and the base set, the novelties should be adjusted to match the set, not the other way around.

Maybe at the least consider a separate icon mod kit or something based on interest? A poll maybe?

So after some reconsideration, Warren and I did decide that the icon mods were much cleaner, and what we both wanted to see in the set, so we've decided to stick with icon only mods. I thought about exactly what you mentioned - about catering the base kit to suit the novelties when in reality our main selling point is in fact the color scheme. We do very much appreciate all feedback, and your support for this set. Thanks!!

Offline guzzi

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 08:38:57 »
Killer set, absolutely in as of now
My thoughts and suggestions:
- Include the accent spacebars in the base kit. In my eyes they are essential to the look of the set
- Make a seperate numpad kit to keep the base price down
- EU-Kit. 1u novelty with a real football would be a fun touch but whatever.
- Icon Mods look best

I gotta give you props for doing an actual, well laid out IC and reacting to input instead of running an unflexible "sale-announcement" that some ICs are.
That being said, you guys seem to react to feedback a little eagerly. You made the somewhat big decision of changing the mod type after what appeared to be a singular comment and
then change it back to icon a day later after some more input. I suggest taking some time with these changes, let people put out ideas and arguments and then make unrushed decisions considering them, no need to hurry.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 10:38:05 »
 ;)

Offline fireworm

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 10:47:32 »
Have you considered offering icon + text mods as a separate kit?

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 14:11:48 »
Have you considered offering icon + text mods as a separate kit?

I’d also be interested in a separate kit for icon + text mods. I’m still  definitely in even with just icon mods if meeting MOQ is a concern though.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 11:48:42 »
Pretty well designed set, I like the color way including the color pick, and the novelty keys are well-designed.

Good job

Offline StanleyLelnats

[IC] GMK Rudy (Updated Kits, Change Log Added)
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 16:53:23 »
Reminds me of the Nike Killshot 2. Very hyped for this, any chance on a 40’s kit?

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2019, 18:16:08 by StanleyLelnats »

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 18:04:56 »
Pretty well designed set, I like the color way including the color pick, and the novelty keys are well-designed.

Good job

thank you  :-*..... typing on camping as we speak btw lol

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 06:12:14 »
Reminds me of the Nike Killshot 2. Very hyped for this, any chance on a 40’s kit?

A 40’s kit is something we’re considering after the first week of gauging interest, stay tuned.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 01:42:28 »
Interested in base & novelties  :thumb:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 10:00:43 »
Just a quick update for all those interested - we are doing a collab with Alpha Keycaps to get a Rudy themed Keypora done! RAMA caps are being tweaked, should have up to date renders up sometime this week. More artisan collabs to come.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 12:55:05 »
Here are a few suggestions pertaining to the base kit from the Discord discussion we had the other day:
  • ÷ and × instead of / and * on the numpad
  • Super instead of Code for the OS keys
  • Although I think Sys (1.25u) and System (1.5u) would be even cooler
  • \| instead of #~ for the R3 ISO 1u key for even more neutral bare-bones ISO support (like Oblivion V2)
Although, honestly, most of these are minor, and the base kit is almost perfect imo.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 01:10:31 »
Here are a few suggestions pertaining to the base kit from the Discord discussion we had the other day:
  • \| instead of #~ for the R3 ISO 1u key for even more neutral bare-bones ISO support (like Oblivion V2)
Although, honestly, most of these are minor, and the base kit is almost perfect imo.

ISO-US sends its regards

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 01:19:48 »

We have already decided to make the change to ÷ and × and Code to Super!

However, we think we will be kepping the #~ key rather than the pipe key. We think our base kit is almost done, and we appreciate your kind words and feedback!

We are going to make a bigger announcement regarding progress made on some of the collaborations as well as with updated kit renders.