Author Topic: [Delete]  (Read 103160 times)

Offline afynyth

Re: [IC] ePBT Antarctic Emperor - New Kits Added
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 14:39:39 »
Could we get a render of this set on a grey board?

Offline Hyde002

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 16:38:15 »
I want this set so bad but please please please match the colour of the legends of the dark mods kit to the base kit legends! This would look so good as a monochrome set and it would be a lot more coherent if it was all the same colour. I would also apply the same logic to the three dark keys of the light alpha kit.
GLWIC and I can't wait until I get to spend my money on this!

Offline JPoc

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 16:54:00 »
looks great!

Offline Havattack

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 21:33:31 »
ePBT Oxford & Khakis

Offline Shoe17

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 09:26:40 »
Love the color and theme of the set! I also wish to add on my sentiment that matching the dark modifier legends to those of the alphas in the base kit would look much better, and personally would warrant me getting the modifier kit over the current modifier kit.

Offline TheCaptain

• I come in 3 sizes: Large, Extralarge and Big Daddy
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 10:24:19 »
Can you add a centered stem Caps Lock in the base kit?

Offline Shoe17

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 12:38:44 »

There is one in the base kit...

Offline phedd

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 13:25:23 »
Really nice, will probably buy.

Just my five cents: do more people really use HJKL than IJKL? I get that it is how VIM does thing, but like... Surely way more people would want an arrow kit for IJKL.

Also really hope the Macro kit becomes the norm for epbt´s kits.

Pretty sure he meant a centre stemmed stepped Caps Lock. Don't think epbt has ever done that though. Wish they would start to. Saw that hkgaming/polycaps (https://kineticlabs.store/keycaps/polycaps/9009-blank-pbt) has figured it out. Will probably get their 9009 kit just for that reason.

Offline summerqm

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 15:08:49 »
I noticed in the kitting that all additional right shift on the 3rd to last row are labeled incorrectly: the label says 2.75u but the actual key size looks to be 2.25u (same size as the 2.25u enter key above it). This applies to both the base kit and the dark mod kit.

Offline WilsonWan

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 22:29:52 »
Hello! Should Dark Mod kit include F1-4 and F5-9 since they are suppose to be inverted when compared to the base kit? Thanks

I much prefer the dark mods + light alphas instead of the base kit and was going to get those two instead but i'll end up missing 8 out of 12 F rows LOL

Also, Thank you for considering having an UK vendor

Offline TheCaptain

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 20:00:02 »

Sorry, I meant a centered stem stepped caps lock

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 20:46:10 »

Sorry, I meant a centered stem stepped caps lock

I'm not sure ePBT has a mold for it. But I can ask for future sets, just don't get your hopes too high for it.

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 20:47:13 »
Hello! Should Dark Mod kit include F1-4 and F5-9 since they are suppose to be inverted when compared to the base kit? Thanks

noted

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 20:48:26 »
Could we get a render of this set on a grey board?

Currently remaking all of the renders, I will include some in the next update. 

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 20:51:07 »
Love the color and theme of the set! I also wish to add on my sentiment that matching the dark modifier legends to those of the alphas in the base kit would look much better, and personally would warrant me getting the modifier kit over the current modifier kit.

I'll put it up for debate in the next IC form. I'll go with whichever people like more. 

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 20:53:01 »
I noticed in the kitting that all additional right shift on the 3rd to last row are labeled incorrectly: the label says 2.75u but the actual key size looks to be 2.25u (same size as the 2.25u enter key above it). This applies to both the base kit and the dark mod kit.

Yep I realized this when I started remaking the kitting/renders. I'll make sure to fix this when I post the next update.

Offline Nuap

Re: [IC] ePBT Antarctic Emperor
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 21:23:33 »
Looks like.

Seems like the Vim (titlecase, not uppercase) + HHKB kit has HHKB arrows that aren't really necessary. The blue HHKB arrows appear to have white legends but that's the only difference comapred with the base kit keys. I don't think it is different enough to stand out, and if it did stand out it wouldn't match the theme. I am fully for keeping the beige coloured HHKB arrows though.

Offline SpeedTrey

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 23:05:37 »
Would you be interested in making a white modifiers kit or all alone making a Hiragana base kit cause I love the look of the kit but would just prefer a Hiragana kit.

Offline LordHaveMercy

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 02:56:59 »
Looks like.

Seems like the Vim (titlecase, not uppercase) + HHKB kit has HHKB arrows that aren't really necessary. The blue HHKB arrows appear to have white legends but that's the only difference comapred with the base kit keys. I don't think it is different enough to stand out, and if it did stand out it wouldn't match the theme. I am fully for keeping the beige coloured HHKB arrows though.

F you, they're totally necessary! I like my highlighted HHKB keys! :D

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 09:14:47 »
Would you be interested in making a white modifiers kit or all alone making a Hiragana base kit cause I love the look of the kit but would just prefer a Hiragana kit.

At that point it will feel too much like KAT/KAM kitting. I think 14 kits is a good balance where most people can get what they want and the vendors don't hate me for having a ton of kits.

I think the look you are going for shouldn't be too expensive all things consider, plus the base kit + Hiragana kit is enough for 2 boards.

Offline keguira

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 11:57:15 »
Unless my eyes are tired, the dark R4 "<>" is not available in the base kit (dark). It's only in the light alpha kit (which is weird because it should be a mirror it the dark theme) and in the NorDe kit. Also it's not the Azerty Kit which make it useless for some languages like ISO-FR.

Regarding the light alpha kit configuration, I suggest to move this specific "<>" key from NorDe to the base kit or .... i don't know review how this is included in other kits like AZERTY

Edits:
* i change my comment, the key is on R4 not on R3, yeah i'm tired
* updated my feedback
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 April 2021, 13:45:50 by keguira »

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 15:53:52 »
Unless my eyes are tired, the dark R4 "<>" is not available in the base kit (dark). It's only in the light alpha kit (which is weird because it should be a mirror it the dark theme) and in the NorDe kit. Also it's not the Azerty Kit which make it useless for some languages like ISO-FR.

Regarding the light alpha kit configuration, I suggest to move this specific "<>" key from NorDe to the base kit or .... i don't know review how this is included in other kits like AZERTY

Edits:
* i change my comment, the key is on R4 not on R3, yeah i'm tired
* updated my feedback

I originally had the <> in the base but I took it out when I moved ISO-UK to the base. I must have missed it when creating the AZERTY kit, I'll make sure to add it there.

As for the Light alpha kit, I am going to opt to keep it at terminal ISO rather than provide ISO-UK or ISO-FR support because there is just no way to fit everything in there

Offline keguira

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 16:33:54 »
I originally had the <> in the base but I took it out when I moved ISO-UK to the base. I must have missed it when creating the AZERTY kit, I'll make sure to add it there.

As for the Light alpha kit, I am going to opt to keep it at terminal ISO rather than provide ISO-UK or ISO-FR support because there is just no way to fit everything in there

Great ! Thank you !

Offline Nuap

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 17:26:07 »
Looks like.

F you, they're totally necessary! I like my highlighted HHKB keys! :D

F you - I also like my highlighted HHKB keys. If you read the entirety of my comment you'd know that - and you'd also see that my only gripe is with the out of place white legends as a way of highlighting.

Offline ogp3

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 17:32:25 »
It occurs to me it would be neat to have a cyrillic alphas kit since Russia has a history of scientific exploration in the arctic!

Offline Nuap

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 17:55:43 »
It occurs to me it would be neat to have a cyrillic alphas kit since Russia has a history of scientific exploration in the arctic!

Except the Arctic and Antarctic are not the same thing....

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 17:59:05 »
I f* with this very hard. Love the pleasing and comforting palette.

Offline timtamale

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 20:52:34 »
This right here? This is nice.

Offline densus designs

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 07:25:45 »
nice colours! Good Job

Offline salgiza

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 09:25:24 »
Love the color scheme! Any chance you could add an Iso IT (or other countries) subset?

Let’s call it an IT & ES kit and I’m in as well :)

That being said, an ES/LA/IT/PT kit would probably be the best combination to gather enough interest to be worth it. Hopefully?

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 15:06:27 »

Offline cadrev

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 15:25:07 »
Can we get a render with the dark mods?

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 15:25:40 »
Isn't similar to GMK Rudy? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101109.0
I mean, I guess they have a similar colour set, but the shades are completely different. Definitely think this set is more than enough of a departure from that.

Offline sefixmm

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 08:57:52 »
Nice set but the AZERTY Kit is an ISO Fr Kit. ISO Be is also an AZERTY, you should rename it to avoid confusion ;)

Offline keguira

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:24:04 »
This kit spltited the ISO kit from the international needs. It misses some keys for all language (like the basic R2 A Z keys, R3 Q, R4  W for AZERTY, etc ..) but it can be done like in this one.
Dunno if it may help and can be done. Maybe this international option is only for default color and not light alpha ?

But yes : if in conclusion, you cannot add more "languages", just rename it ISO-FR to avoid confusion and go fully for it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:32:23 by keguira »

Offline TheCaptain

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:24:21 »
Is there any chance you could add other national kit other than Azerty, personally I would be very interested in an Iso Italian kit. I know that for ePBT, child kits don't need to reach MOQ and the keycaps for italian layout are just a few. Please consider adding it. For me it would be an instabuy

Offline L4ll1g470r

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:28:57 »
Thanks to the Norde, I will absolutely get this one. In fact, it’s more down to whether I’m going to get just the one...  :D

Offline TheCaptain

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 11:06:03 »
but it can be done like in this one.
ePBT Be the one is probably the best set that has been released recently which has kit for pretty much all the layouts

Offline keguira

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 11:13:43 »
yes but from a market-share POV, it's a shame not all languages reached the 100 minimum units. It says "look: no need to make all languages"  :(
Hope it's only because it didn't find it's European audience
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 April 2021, 16:18:54 by keguira »

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 16:27:43 »
Nice set but the AZERTY Kit is an ISO Fr Kit. ISO Be is also an AZERTY, you should rename it to avoid confusion ;)

Noted

Offline Nuap

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 17:21:50 »
Can you let me know if white legends is intentional for these keys? Like I said before I think that these are not necessary, and the Vim/HHKB kit can have just one set of beige HHKB arrow keys.

Offline ogp3

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 21:59:31 »

Except the Arctic and Antarctic are not the same thing....

Yes you are correct on this, I'm an idiot, I apologise for having used the wrong term. I meant Antarctic, as is the theme of the set. Easy to read about the connections to Russia and the ANTarctic just by doing a quick google/wikipedia search. Just thought it would be a fun addition to the set, but totally understand if OP thinks that there are enough sets already.

Offline DJ Clicks

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 00:36:50 »
Would it be possible for the hiragana kit to also have a 7u spacebar like the light alphas kit?

Offline Xamoth

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 02:43:41 »
My eyes aren't very clear, but is the font white on the dark mod kit? hope it is! thank you 

ps: i think this will be a perfect set for my Navy Vega coming!
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 April 2021, 02:46:50 by Xamoth »

Offline noorejji

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 05:33:50 »
Nice looking set. It's not a must, but I second this :point_down:

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 05:34:43 »
Nice looking set. It's not a must, but I second this :point_down:

Ditto, all dark is what I am seeing as the 'set'
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Zyrophr

• https://zyrophr.com
    • zyrophr.com
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 17:49:07 »
This makes me reconsider Seafarer... Looks really dope, can't wait!
French keyboard streamer

Offline tsakuyo

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 06:40:22 »
I really like this set and I'm very interested in getting one.

I also agree with some of the posts before me that more novelties would definitely be nice.
For me, the existing novelties don't really seem to gel together too nicely as some are outlined (the penguins) and some are filled (fin and fish), but maybe that's going to look good in the real world and I'm just overly sensitive to that  ;D

Oh, and please add an artisan to the set!

Thanks for all your great work, I can't wait to see this come to life!  :thumb:

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 12:29:31 »
Can you let me know if white legends is intentional for these keys? Like I said before I think that these are not necessary, and the Vim/HHKB kit can have just one set of beige HHKB arrow keys.

Show Image

It was intentional. The difference is going to be subtle, but that is what I was going for.

Offline AlternisDim42

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 12:36:38 »
I really like this set and I'm very interested in getting one.

I also agree with some of the posts before me that more novelties would definitely be nice.
For me, the existing novelties don't really seem to gel together too nicely as some are outlined (the penguins) and some are filled (fin and fish), but maybe that's going to look good in the real world and I'm just overly sensitive to that  ;D

Oh, and please add an artisan to the set!

Thanks for all your great work, I can't wait to see this come to life!  :thumb:

I'm in the process of updating the current novelties I expect them to be done by the end of this month/early May. (I also commissioned some enter novelties which should be ready Soon^TM)

In the mean time I posted a cupple of updated kit renders which should hopefully fix the lighting and kitting issues. I expect the have the rest of the kit and board renders up early May.