Author Topic: Topre 23UB  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Topre 23UB
« on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:27:31 »
Hey Guys,
I found something interesting while browsing the topre section on Amazon.jp  It seems like the 23ub/w's are coming back into production.  Estimated shipping time on the black is only 6-9 days while the white one is unfortunately a few months away.  Nice to see that people wanting one will finally be able to get one. You'll need a proxy for these, but I can't imagine it being any more expensive than what they were originally priced over @ EK.
Here's the link.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002JLPHEW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Belfong

Re: Topre 23UB
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:30:26 »
A great find indeed. And here's hoping Topre will continue production of their blank caps.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:31:03 »
Nice one dude, who wants to be my proxy? ;D
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:34:30 »
!!
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:36:08 »
Nice one dude, who wants to be my proxy? ;D

thiiiiiis.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:46:04 »
$100?! Ouch :(

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:49:15 »
Yeah, not cheap, but they were priced at EK for $129.00 before shipping, so I think it would be right around that price buying through Amazon and then having Tenso or another IFS ship it to you.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:50:13 »
Yeah, not cheap, but they were priced at EK for $129.00 before shipping, so I think it would be right around that price buying through Amazon and then having Tenso or another IFS ship it to you.

I got mine at twice that. $100 is more than reasonable.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Belfong

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:59:16 »
I know this is a much sought after product. And I know it's rare and worth twice as much. I'm just *****ing. Ha ha ha. $100 for a Numpad. Why am I in this hobby again?

/sigh.. Takes out credit card.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 20:02:12 »
I know this is a much sought after product. And I know it's rare and worth twice as much. I'm just *****ing. Ha ha ha. $100 for a Numpad. Why am I in this hobby again?

/sigh.. Takes out credit card.

That's alright...I just spent $100 on a cap donor board...with switches I don't like and will never use...don't feel too bad.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Belfong

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 20:02:41 »
Ha ha ha! Well, the only reason I'm interested in this is because it's a great subject to put the BB and CC for photo shot. I'm not even sure I'll use the Numpad at all. Lol.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 20:11:43 »
Ha ha ha! Well, the only reason I'm interested in this is because it's a great subject to put the BB and CC for photo shot. I'm not even sure I'll use the Numpad at all. Lol.

I thought I wouldn't use it much outside of my finance class, but I've been using it a ton at work for data entry. It's really nice to have it right alongside my HHKB.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 20:20:21 »
I've decided to keep my credit card back to the wallet simply because I'm eyeing the Novatouch and this $100 can go to fund half of it.

And then there's iPhone 6s so that I can see Geekhack in bigger font and screen.

And Apple Watch because I need to be notified the instance there is a BB or CC sale.

There's no escaping consumerism!!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 20:33:57 »
I've decided to keep my credit card back to the wallet simply because I'm eyeing the Novatouch and this $100 can go to fund half of it.

And then there's iPhone 6s so that I can see Geekhack in bigger font and screen.

And Apple Watch because I need to be notified the instance there is a BB or CC sale.

There's no escaping consumerism!!

Haha...yeah...this whole saving for a house thing is cutting into my keyboard budget...luckily, I was able to get my Kingsaver though!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:19:20 »
Nooo now the value of mine will drop!

Jk of course, good to see these coming back into production. I wonder if the rumor about the factory upgrade was true and we will see keycaps going back into production as well?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:20:17 »

Jk of course, good to see these coming back into production. I wonder if the rumor about the factory upgrade was true and we will see keycaps going back into production as well?

Well, printed are already back in stock on the KR site...really hoping we can get some blank sets...I need a pink set for my HHKB.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:21:28 »
Well, printed are already back in stock on the KR site...really hoping we can get some blank sets...I need a pink set for my HHKB.

I believe Leopold site has always had the printed sets. Just no blanks :(

we will see keycaps going back into production as well?

One can only hope. I'd love me a blue and/or pink set.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:21:36 »
For those interested, I've heard that MECHKB in Australia will be getting keypads. No word on black or white versions though.

I messaged Realforce on Facebook a while ago asking about 23UB's and this was their response:
"Tahnk you for your contact ! Our Australian distributor MECHKB is going to sell numeric pad REALFORCE 23 near in the future."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:36:16 »

I predict that these will drop below 50 dollars. I'll buy yours right now for 75!

Seriously though, this is amazing news! Now maybe I can hope to own one.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 22:15:22 »
Yep! They're back! :) hold on.. $100? I thought they'd be $250. Damn I'll buy one Forsure then!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 September 2014, 14:31:29 by dustinhxc »

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 14:14:12 »
This is awesome news! I have been trying to get a 23U for a while now. Hopefully EK will stock these.
RETIRED

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 14:17:04 »
Anxiously waiting for my E-mail from Tenso.com ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar