Author Topic: A couple of resin caps you might like, good deals  (Read 1960 times)

Offline typo

A couple of resin caps you might like, good deals
« on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 04:16:13 »
Usual disclaimer: This is not typo.

I am not sure if you are allowed to post links here. If not I shall remove them.
These got poor reviews. I love them. They do sit high. I wrote 5 star reviews respectively. Amazon did not see fit to post them for whatever reason.

The first one was $50 two days ago. Only two are left. If they sell out and you really want it just search Amazon for "resin key cap". You can still get one for about $70. The second one I will provide a link of it's typical price. It does not say so in the listing I have provided but it is indeed resin and wood. It is not made by Mugen. It is sold under a myriad of names. All the same thing. These both originate somewhere in China or possibly another Asian country. Perhaps even Japan. I have no clue as to their origins. They both support backlighting.

Redwood+other colors OEM
https://www.amazon.com/TINTON-LIFE-Translucidus-Mechanical-Keyboards/dp/B07H9N7CM3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=tinton+life+resin+keycap&qid=1599901250&sr=8-1

MT Fuji SA
https://www.amazon.com/Mugen-Custom-Nature-Keycaps-Switches/dp/B084JCKF98/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=resin+mount+fuji+keycap&qid=1599901467&sr=8-9

MT Fuji at Newegg for $71
https://www.newegg.com/p/2VS-0068-00031?item=9SIA9HJBZD3284&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-_-mouse%2Fkeyboard%20(ps2)%20adapters-_-mugen%20seiki%20usa-_-9SIA9HJBZD3284&source=region

I hope that someone finds this post useful

Offline Willtato

• I like small Keyboards
Re: A couple of resin caps you might like, good deals
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 06:38:30 »
The Chinese Fuji keycaps can be had for quite cheap. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392859451547
£18 shipping included

This is SA R1, and so should only fit sculpted SA. 
That said, sometimes there's also confusion between R1 and R4.

I haven't tried any of those yet, but would rather get the koi fish one as LEDs shine through better.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 12:52:58 »
They are hit or miss. I bought and returned about 30 not kidding before I hit pay dirt. The prices are all over the place. Someone selling over $100USD if anyone bites is wiping the floor. These probably cost about $5USD wholesale. A custom cap they are not but if you get a good one they are fairly nice. The problem is that for every good one there are 500 ugly ones. The other issue is all of these sit very high if that bothers anyone. I do like the Koi Fish and have some. My problem is I cannot be patient to wait for group buys. That is why I was so happy with Cup Cables. She made me an incredible cable that was like $350 for $50 and had it to me in less than a week. I will take every chance to thank her. The reason she did it was because of an error on her website. Still, she really did not have to do that. Anyways If you are not looking for over the top quality there are some okay caps on Amazon, Etsy and Ebay. Nothing like what you folks are used to but they are not all horrible.

I am using a one of a kind keyboard typo left me and even compared to his Koyu it is much nicer. It is a 105 key and I weighed it at 38.6 pounds! It is solid steel plus an internal and external weight. He even had the switches custom made I guess. I cannot find reference to these switches anywhere. Honestly I miss my Grandpa.

Oh about R1 and R4 I just say it is for the top row. I do not mind the SA escape on an OEM set. Escape is so far away on this huge board. So it looks alright. There is no way to fix the height issue, the stem is not long enough.

I did ask a question that never got answered. maybe someone would answer it here. i guess I do not know how to use calipers. i have a high end Japanese set. I measure a cap and get say 1.65 minus the decimals. I measure it again in about the same spot and get 1.1 or 1.3 or whatever. Does it matter how deep you measure, or the angle? I am positive it is my technique. These are KAT caps so there is no way they are 1.1 anywhere. Except for the few Artisan keys. The switches have LED's and it has a black mirror plate. Against the white caps it looks very cool. I would trade it all for my Grandpa back though. I don't mean to be a buzzkill.  It is what it is. If someone could tell me why I am messing up the calipers I would appreciate it.

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 20:46:21 »
These really are a lottery. For the new price of $26.19 I ordered one for my daughter. It was a solid brown block. Sent it back. I left the seller very poor feedback after my  5 star review and Amazon actually posted both. I returned many to arrive at the ones I have. The ones I have would pass for high end caps. Probably not worth most peoples time.