Author Topic: [IC] GMK Sialia (Locked)  (Read 3885 times)

Offline eforb13

[IC] GMK Sialia (Locked)
« on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 20:17:01 »
GMK Sialia

Update: I'm realizing that I started this IC way too early on in the process, so I'll have it locked as I work on improving it. I'm sorry for posting this so soon.
Hello! I'm happy to share with you GMK Sialia, my first design. Sialia Is the genus containing bluebirds, one of which is the Eastern Bluebird, or Sialia Sialis. These birds are characterized by an orange and tan body alongside a blue head and wings. I aimed to capture all of these elements in my design. It's very much so still a work in progress, but I will update this page as I go. I hope you enjoy it!
Please check out this IC form: https://forms.gle/qqVULZVBdYLWj3en6

Colors

Kits

Base Set

Novelties Kit (Samples)

Renders
I will likely be paying for a rendering service in the future, so be on the lookout for much higher-quality renders.

TO DO:

-More kits:
-Numpad (In progress)
-Novelties (In progress)
-Others?
-Logo
-More (better) renders

Vendors:

All TBD

Feel free to contact me!
Discord: eforb13#6393

Thank you so much for visiting the page, I'm looking forward to getting feedback! Please remember that this is really early on, so a lot will be changing and this is a very rough design.
-EF
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 January 2022, 12:38:48 by eforb13 »

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
Re: [IC] GMK Sialia
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 20:24:43 »
You are missing a large rectangle that has numbers on it.

Offline nullinasou

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 21:17:12 »
well at least this IC has manu....

please include f13 and second B in base kit

Offline parlojama

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 21:24:11 »
yeah no

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 21:55:48 »
Come back w the novs designed and nice renders and RAL plastic chips photographed w some different lighting. If you look at the GMK Dream Bird IC…they had novs designed early and nice renders and great collabs and…it still wasn’t enough.

Offline kkd_20

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 22:23:41 »
You have missed some major things. Read the previous comments. For reference you can also look into some good sets IC.

Offline kiddions

• Kiddions Mod Menu
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 06:05:24 »
Amazing kit!
Would strongly consider this if it used OG icons.

Offline krzank

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 07:59:16 »
Keep icon mods.
Please add: R4:1.25U:Shift & R4:Backslash/Pipe.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 10:38:57 »
IC's for GMK sets are a joke right now who would order a GMK these days. GMK Grey on Black for example has a estimated delivery date of Q3 2023 (Info from Mykeyboard) and add delays and ur at Q4 2023 or Q1 2024.

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 11:24:20 »
Where is the numpad? Why is there 1800 support if you have no numpad? Where is the ISO? Where is the 2nd B if you have Alice bars in base? Why do your renders not use GMK legends?

The kitting, renders and the IC in general are severely underdeveloped and I'd recommend just enjoying the hobby and learning more about keyboard and keycap kitting before running a project like this.

Offline Skok

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 11:29:16 »
IC's for GMK sets are a joke right now who would order a GMK these days. GMK Grey on Black for example has a estimated delivery date of Q3 2023 (Info from Mykeyboard) and add delays and ur at Q4 2023 or Q1 2024.

q3 was with delays accounted for by the vendors, q1 was the official word from gmk.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 11:47:05 »
apparently the ic standard has dropped so low that the numpad is no longer a required kit on the initial post...

edit: hey, dakota felder renders are back!

edit 2: upon further inspection, i've come to the conclusion that renders aren't color matched... but hey, if rensuya can get away with it...
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 January 2022, 11:52:43 by NovaRMK »