Site Announcements and Feedback > Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions

Make a statement

(1/1)

zirb:
Hello Team geekhack,
I'm am very happy that geekhack is back up running and that at least not all of the content is gone. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that are happy, too. But I also think a lot of people are still unaware of what actually happened. Deskthority did a nice job of keeping people up-to-date what's up with geekhack. Reddit did inform decent in the beginning, too.
But what I'm asking for is a box under the new header of geekhack or at least a thread in site announcements that says 'geekhack got hacked, we're sorry for the long downtime..' + infos on what actually happened, what got lost, what did not get lost.

I'm sure enough people out there don't know what happened.

Thanks to the hard working iMav and the people that helped him with bringing geekhack back to life.

Thanks for reading
zirb

harrison:
this is more or less what the 'news' section is  intended for, which you'll notice in the top right on the default theme.  that being said... if/when a debrief occurs, i would expect it would be after things are up running smoothly, and I don't expect that to be for at least a week or so.

i don't feel that an 'apology' is needed.  yes, I want to know what's being done to prevent this from happening again, but on the other hand, that simply educates groups with malicious intent.  being informed as to what is and isn't going to be here, or what's on the list of desired features might be nice, an idea of what's on the roadmap.  what are the wiki plans?  will we see a mod like iSpy introduced? stuff like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version