geekhack Marketplace > techkeys.us

JD40 MKII, 2016

(1/2) > >>

mteinum:
Hi,

I've always wanted a JD40 from the first time I saw one, and when the PCB was dropped at techkeys.us - I had to have it. And now it's here  ;D.

JD40 by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

Pictures of the first (?) PCB have the following layout

R1: 12
R2: 11
R3: 11
R4: 6

Total 40

Looks like there is a change in MKII with

R1: 12
R2: 11
R3: 11
R4: 10

Total: 44

From the reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4p2tls/buying_jd40_techkeys/

This should be possible:

Have any of you built it this way?

MajorKoos:
I've just tried this layout - unfortunately not all keys are registering at the moment - need to figure out how to remap them via easyavr I guess.

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: MajorKoos on Sun, 03 July 2016, 07:47:00 ---I've just tried this layout - unfortunately not all keys are registering at the moment - need to figure out how to remap them via easyavr I guess.

--- End quote ---

Can you take pics of both sides of the PCB?  Should be easy to add the extra positions which aren't currently visible.

edit:  Unless it's called the JD45 in EasyAVR, that looks close but I thought it was a completely different board....

MajorKoos:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sun, 03 July 2016, 07:54:51 ---
--- Quote from: MajorKoos on Sun, 03 July 2016, 07:47:00 ---I've just tried this layout - unfortunately not all keys are registering at the moment - need to figure out how to remap them via easyavr I guess.

--- End quote ---

Can you take pics of both sides of the PCB?  Should be easy to add the extra positions which aren't currently visible.

edit:  Unless it's called the JD45 in EasyAVR, that looks close but I thought it was a completely different board....

--- End quote ---

Success!

I created a keymap with the missing keys in it.
 - Stick it in C:\Users\%username%\.EasyAVR\Boards
 - Then create a new keymap using the JD40 MkII keymap as a base

Now to print a decent set of keycaps for it.

a-c:

--- Quote from: mteinum on Tue, 28 June 2016, 17:17:01 ---
(Attachment Link)

Have any of you built it this way?

--- End quote ---

Also built mine this way.

Thinking of swapping the right shift.

Running QMK. http://www.40percent.club/2016/07/ivory-jd40.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version