geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3389/3389)

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: fuzzybyte on Sat, 24 February 2024, 01:10:24 ---Where could I buy a single-piece keyboard with a layout like this?

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

As others have said, your best bet is going to be making it yourself. If you haven't explored the Making Stuff Together subforum and dug up this resource, I recommend it as a good way to achieve what you're after.

swill's plate building tool

gokufire:
Anyone else here with hope to see a Halo96 V2 as soon as possible?

Things that I'd like to see on it:
1. VIA/QMK supported
2. Barebones option
3. Southpaw version? Not sure if would be nice with their cramped layout
4. Priced under $160

This would be the closest to find the keyboard that I'm waiting or I may go with a Keychron V5 Max barebones and accept the fact that there is no keyboard with the features that I want yet.

Anyways, just checking if there is some hype for this one to happen.

_rubik:

--- Quote from: gokufire on Wed, 27 March 2024, 14:44:20 ---Anyone else here with hope to see a Halo96 V2 as soon as possible?

Anyways, just checking if there is some hype for this one to happen.

--- End quote ---

What is it about the Halo96 that you can't find elsewhere? QMK is pretty easy to find these days. Southpaw isn't as common at that price point (that I know of). Pretty much every keyboard is barebones at one point or another :)

That layout is unique-ish but not so unique that I haven't seen competitive options. Basically what I'm getting at is: there are always alternatives. What are your "must haves"?

gokufire:
I guess, those are the things that I'm looking:

1. 100% or 90ish% layout
2. Support of VIA/QMK
3. Gasket Mounted
4. Hotswap
5. Wireless
6. No low profile

The ones that attended those criteria are:

1. Zoom98
2. Keychron V5/V6/Q5/Q6/Q12 (Max series)
3. Wind X98 R2
4. Odin R4

I couldn't find more. Not sure if I'm looking it right.

If NuPhy releases the Halo96 next version with VIA/QMK support then it would also be part of this list and if priced below the Keychron Q5 and Q6 for me it will be a winner.

Do you know about some other options?

pessi80:
My dads old membrane (not buckling spring) keyboard is actually bouncy and almost feels tactile :eek:
Crazy right? I mean I could probably use it if the spacebar worked that's how good it was imagine a mac keyboard with holy pandas???
What is this keyboard?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version