geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3390/3392) > >>

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: pessi80 on Sat, 27 April 2024, 13:52:48 ---My dads old membrane (not buckling spring) keyboard is actually bouncy and almost feels tactile :eek:
Crazy right? I mean I could probably use it if the spacebar worked that's how good it was imagine a mac keyboard with holy pandas???
What is this keyboard?

--- End quote ---
arent most membrane keyboards tactile tho? lol

_rubik:

--- Quote from: pessi80 on Sat, 27 April 2024, 13:52:48 ---My dads old membrane (not buckling spring) keyboard is actually bouncy and almost feels tactile :eek:
Crazy right? I mean I could probably use it if the spacebar worked that's how good it was imagine a mac keyboard with holy pandas???
What is this keyboard?

--- End quote ---

That's pretty normal. Most feel pretty spongy and mushy though, especially after extended use. Topre keyboards are plenty tactile and they have similar electrocapacitive "switches". I remember Microsoft's Natural Elite feeling pretty good, for example.

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Mon, 29 April 2024, 06:58:34 ---arent most membrane keyboards tactile tho? lol

--- End quote ---

Yeah the mechanism of a collapsing dome creates the tactile feedback, I think you could make a linear rubber dome, but what's the point the point of rubber domes is that they are cheap.

Might as well make a mechanical keyboard at this point.

enchong:
Planning to buy a rubber dome from deskeys for my HHKB. What would be the closest to the Realforce 55g? Should I get the 49g?

_rubik:

--- Quote from: enchong on Tue, 30 April 2024, 11:35:23 ---Planning to buy a rubber dome from deskeys for my HHKB. What would be the closest to the Realforce 55g? Should I get the 49g?

--- End quote ---

Which type dome are you getting? There are BKE redux, round, carrots etc etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version