Author Topic: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (waiting on replacement acrylic, otherwise complete)  (Read 73158 times)

Offline LunarisDream

12/13

All GB orders have been shipped out. US orders were shipped yesterday via USPS Priority. They should all arrive on the 14th or 15th. That concludes this long, long GB. If your case arrived w/ a cracked acrylic layer, shoot me a PM. I have a couple extras and can cut more as needed.

Thanks for all your patience and support!

Look forward to TriC75 - "Brevis" which will be up shortly at $150 which includes the case and PCB. The designer posted some pics at the end of the thread.

11/27

Arrived at the warehouse and currently being processed and sorted.

11/23

Finally en route to the warehouse.

11/3

Aw yiss

Waiting for another box of misc parts to arrive. Then I can commence with fulfilling this buy. :)

10/28

Everything is en route to me. See https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81840.msg2291299#msg2291299

More
10/19

See comment: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81840.msg2283860#msg2283860

Currently en route to the designer who will be fulfilling the orders.

7/24

Same old news. Me pushing for production and factory sitting on their butts doing who knows what. I'll update when I get word on what's up.

7/11

Delays arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I'm pushing for production to wrap up but anodizing for our batch isn't finished yet.

7/2

Running into some unforeseen but not unexpected delays on shipping to me. Timeframe is delayed by a week or two, but there are no major issues. Seems like our production batch was separate from the Chinese GB after all, possibly due to the volume of our order.

6/15

Checking in. Not dead yet, but also no news. We're getting close.

6/9

Low-res pics from the factory.

Higher-res pics:
[/img]

6/5

Plate changes all went through okay and production for those is underway. ETA for TriC production on my end is before the 20th, and plates should arrive at around the same time. As always, there may be hiccups that will disrupt the timeframe.

5/25 pt.2

There are plate changes. If you've ordered a plate, you should've received an email w/ the details of the changes.

If you've ordered a plate, you must fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ACziBZN-zyMpRrHWi9KMqEIpQNsQCB2mBPiYjIgRqYA/viewform

5/25

Placed all orders and production has commenced. Several orders remain unpaid. Some are arranged to be so, but I'm not holding out much hope for the others as the buyers have not responded to my numerous PMs and emails. I will likely attempt to sell those spots before shipping commences. The cases are expected to finish production and be shipped before the end of June, so we're moving along at a nice and brisk pace.

As for the plates - the factory is a no-go. The base cost to get a plate made at the factory is 200 RMB, and that's not including anodizing. I will source universal 60% plates elsewhere for the price I charged, which was $15. A group email will be sent out shortly for those who have ordered a plate regarding color options and/or a refund for that, as the plate colors will no longer match the case.

5/19

Payment deadline has passed. I have sent a reminder via PM to the relevant individuals who I don't think have contacted me but placed an order.

5/12

Orders closed.

5/11

Thanks everyone, we have a decent number of orders (29, which made the designer really happy). The GB will conclude 16 hours from the time of this edit, at noon of Eastern Standard Time.

Invoices will be going out shortly, and the deadline for making payments is on 5/17/2016 (although if you have a strenuous circumstance and can't make the deadline, just PM me), also Eastern Standard Time, as it would be noon here which makes things easier on me.

Same day update: All current invoices/requests for payment sent. Heading to bed.

---------------------------------------------------

IC thread w/ info

GB closes on 5/11/2016. You will not be invoiced immediately upon order submission, but collectively at/near the end of the GB.

[US order form]

[International order form]

Case color options: black, red, dark gray, silver, Tiffany blue (cyan-ish), and orange.

I have no idea how to format a table on GH I'm sorry

Case - $145
Plate - $15
PCB - $35
Gold-plated stabilizers - $14 / $17
Shipping (US) - $33
Shipping (Int'l) - $40

Domestic payments accepted via Dwolla.

International payments accepted via Paypal or Stripe. Stripe **strongly** preferred. Use the linked website to pay via Stripe, but also fill out the order form.

Please peruse through the IC threads [1] and [2] for details regarding the items, although certain info may be outdated (like prices and colors).

ETA is 2 months, although the first run was delayed by a month and a half for various reasons. gg

Actual color samples *should be* coming later, but the color renders are pretty accurate.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 14:32:41 by LunarisDream »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 02:23:27 »
Decisions, decisions...

Offline yomammary

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 08:16:03 »
International shipping is 40$?  :confused:
I guess EMS is expensive...
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 May 2016, 08:29:16 by yomammary »
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 14:21:04 »
do you have any amount of certainty as to the eta of two months? i.e. how likely is it that the case will arrive in july/august? i only ask because i'm not going to be in the country after august LOL
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 14:24:12 »
$40 for shipping? LOL, ...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 17:19:42 »
Damn. That tiffany blue looks awesome! I won't be joining, but good luck with the GB.

Offline ika

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 17:20:23 »

shipping from China, not sure what the problem is here.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 19:15:53 »
do you have any amount of certainty as to the eta of two months? i.e. how likely is it that the case will arrive in july/august? i only ask because i'm not going to be in the country after august LOL

If everything goes as planned, the cases will be finished and shipping beginning before 6/20. However, as with all group buys, I can't guarantee that the schedule is set in stone. But if for some reason it gets delayed that long, just holler at me and can change your shipping address.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 21:13:46 »
Just wanted to double check, so if we filled out the IC form then we are already in this buy? If so do you mind reminding me what my selections were?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 22:31:13 »
Just wanted to double check, so if we filled out the IC form then we are already in this buy? If so do you mind reminding me what my selections were?

YGPM

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 03:13:29 »

from china via ems. so that's not so bad, plus cheaper options are available.
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 05:54:35 »

Unfortunately there aren't other options available here. :( China Post would cut down on shipping by quite a bit, but there's the delivery time of 3-4 weeks, and I can't trust it for international shipments with something of this scale.

@ideus

If you'd like, please go to DHL's shipping calculator and input the dimensions 35cm x 20cm x 9cm, with a weight of 2.5kg, to the country of your residence. The result may surprise you.  ;)

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 06:16:47 »

Unfortunately there aren't other options available here. :( China Post would cut down on shipping by quite a bit, but there's the delivery time of 3-4 weeks, and I can't trust it for international shipments with something of this scale.

@ideus

If you'd like, please go to DHL's shipping calculator and input the dimensions 35cm x 20cm x 9cm, with a weight of 2.5kg, to the country of your residence. The result may surprise you.  ;)

I'm surprised, 74 us dollars to me....
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 07:14:06 »
I have a couple of examples whose shipping costs from Asia to America were under $40: QTan ships small keyboards from China worldwide for $24 USD, in my case he used FedEx to ship an FC660M, it was delivered in a week. In other case GON sent me a PCB, some diodes, stabs and an acrylic case for $28, I think he is in Korea; but, it is not my intention to create a controversy, nor affect this thread, if the OP does not have better options for shipping and buyers are agreeable then everything is fine.

Offline Elaeagnifolia

• Click Quack.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 08:25:17 »
I have a couple of examples whose shipping costs from Asia to America were under $40: QTan ships small keyboards from China worldwide for $24 USD, in my case he used FedEx to ship an FC660M, it was delivered in a week. In other case GON sent me a PCB, some diodes, stabs and an acrylic case for $28, I think he is in Korea; but, it is not my intention to create a controversy, nor affect this thread, if the OP does not have better options for shipping and buyers are agreeable then everything is fine.

Not Lunaris and also not trying to start anything here, but just thought I would offer a potential explanation as to why the shipping is what it is in comparison to the examples you provided.

Main reason would be the weight. All international shipping is usually calculated by weight, and since this is an aluminum case, that means this sucker is heavy. The weight Lunaris mentioned is 2.5kg (~5.5 lbs) which sounds about right for an aluminum case + all the other add-ons (PCBs, etc.). For the examples you mentioned, mechanicalkeyboard.com lists the FC660M as 1.6 lbs. Weighing my own GON 60% Acrylic Case, it weighs in at about .8 lbs. Adding on PCB, Diodes, etc., I think it would be a fair assumption to say that the GON might've been somewhere around 1-1.5lbs.

Getting a quote from FedEx and DHL from their website, the calculated costs from both are pretty much double what Lunaris is asking ($70-$90 from the numbers Lunaris provided to the US). Shipping to the US in this group buy is $33, so for $5 more (+$9 for international) considering the weight of this case, it's not that bitter of a pill to swallow (Ok, it still sucks, but it's not $70-$90 bitter heh  :D ).

Hope that provides you some potential further insight as to why the shipping costs are as expensive as they are. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 May 2016, 08:27:49 by Elaeagnifolia »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 08:28:32 »

Not Lunaris and also not trying to start anything here, but just thought I would offer a potential explanation as to why the shipping is what it is in comparison to the examples you provided.

Main reason would be the weight. All international shipping is calculated by weight, and since this is an aluminum case, that means this sucker is heavy. The weight Lunaris mentioned is 2.5kg (~5.5 lbs) which sounds about right for an aluminum case + all the other add-ons (PCBs, etc.). For the examples you mentioned, mechanicalkeyboard.com lists the FC660M as 1.6 lbs. Weighing my own GON 60% Acrylic Case, it weighs in at about .8 lbs. Adding on PCB, Diodes, etc., I think it would be a fair assumption to say that the GON might've been somewhere around 1-1.5lbs.

Getting a quote from FedEx and DHL from their website, the calculated costs from both are pretty much double what Lunaris is asking ($70-$90 from the numbers Lunaris provided to the US). Shipping to the US in this group buy is $33, so for $5 more ($9 for international) considering the weight of this case, it's not that bitter of a pill to swallow (Ok, it still sucks, but it's not $70-$90 bitter heh  :D ).

Hope that provides you some potential further insight as to why the shipping costs are as expensive as they are. :thumb:

+1 the reasoning makes sense, weight explains the difference, thank you very much.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 08:33:39 »

No, I totally get ya. Saving money that I'll have to use anyways is better for everyone. I'm saying I personally cannot find better shipping options, and the price of shipping does not include just a single trip.

In my situation, for each item's shipping costs, I also have to factor in the leg of shipping from the supplier to me, and then to the reshipper (which is why the price given is lower than the calculator), and (if you're within the US) domestic shipping from the distributor. And there are also packaging costs. All of that is combined into the cost of shipping. In my case, you cannot view the cost of shipping as just the leg of shipping from China to the final destination, but the combined costs of shipping for the entire GB process. I hope this clears things up a tad.

I'm sure QTan, being a store runner, has access to some excellent business shipping rates (what shipping service does he use, so I can look into it?). And GON likely does as well. And I think the aluminum case is heavier than a PCB and acrylic case ;)

Please also refer to LZ's IRON buy shipping prices for comparison. Int'l shipping has a high base price and a lower price per additional 500g. The TriC package will be approximately 2-2.5kg.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 08:47:02 »
Multiple trips and different weights explains higher shipping,  :thumb:

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 23:17:48 »
somebody keep me from this.  :-X
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 23:22:35 »

Your wife can help you, wives are very good at it.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 00:33:34 »

HOLD ME BACK BRO

Offline Saiph

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 01:12:02 »
Is the GB for the BT pcb going to be pcb only?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 02:08:11 »

That's the plan.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 03:18:28 »

That's the plan.

Does the BT PCB will fit any 60% case?
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 03:27:37 »

That's the plan.

I don't think we can get the BT PCB in this gb already. Or at least I think I remember him saying something like that.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 03:51:26 »

That's the plan.

I don't think we can get the BT PCB in this gb already. Or at least I think I remember him saying something like that.

I know man. I am just curious. I dropped off of this GB, but I might be interested later if the PCB is compatible with any 60%

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 05:18:48 »
I know man. I am just curious. I dropped off of this GB, but I might be interested later if the PCB is compatible with any 60%

It is unsure whether the PCB will be manufactured specifically for TriC or maximum compatibility with preexisting 60% cases. Likely the latter to maximize the market coverage and because TriC already has universal screw mounting holes.

Offline smart5088

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 09:15:17 »
sent pm. wait for answer.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 09:24:14 »

It is unsure whether the PCB will be manufactured specifically for TriC or maximum compatibility with preexisting 60% cases. Likely the latter to maximize the market coverage and because TriC already has universal screw mounting holes.

I am really interested in BT PCB, can't wait for R2 then!!

Offline lashiel

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 00:22:47 »
I caved.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 12:13:37 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 19:22:31 »

I am really interested in BT PCB, can't wait for R2 then!!

Same here

Offline phosphoric

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (closing today)
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 11:43:38 »
does the plate support split right shift?

speak for yourself

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 11:51:02 »

Yes.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 11:55:52 »
Order placed for case, got too many PCBs and plates ATM hahaha. Thanks LunarisDream!!!!

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 13:45:02 »

Yes.

is it the same plate in the photos in your album? also, do you have any examples of what the tiffany blue might look like at all besides just the mockup? if not, that's cool

speak for yourself

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 14:02:29 »
placed my order. goddammit

speak for yourself

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 14:08:52 »
is it the same plate in the photos in your album? also, do you have any examples of what the tiffany blue might look like at all besides just the mockup? if not, that's cool

Plate options are still being discussed. They'll likely all be universal, but the order count is not high, so I'm trying to convince the designer to run a small batch anyways to get the colors that match the case. Because universal aluminum plates are abundant, but do not match the case exactly as they weren't anodized at the same factory. The plate I used for my build was a random one off Taobao, and not the same as what's offered here.

Just the mockups, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2016, 14:15:11 by LunarisDream »

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 15:08:39 »
And paid! Thanks Lunaris!

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 15:17:44 »
Paid, case was $149.50 instead of $145 and shipping $34 instead of $33.  :thumb:

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 15:59:59 »
Paid, case was $149.50 instead of $145 and shipping $34 instead of $33.  :thumb:

Yes, because of Stripe's processing fees.  :( I said it in the international order form.

"With Stripe, there will be a 2.9% + $0.30 fee, calculated already within the linked website."

Sucks that it has to happen; they don't think it be like it is.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 16:19:46 »
Is it still okay to order? I didn't realize it was closing at noon est. I procrastinated on ordering since I couldn't decide on a color. My fault, I know.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2016, 16:46:55 by Saiph »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 16:55:18 »
Is it still okay to order? I didn't realize it was closing at noon est. I procrastinated on ordering since I couldn't decide on a color. My fault, I know.

You have 6 hours.  ^-^

k, now I'm heading to bed.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 17:06:15 »

You have 6 hours.  ^-^

k, now I'm heading to bed.
Thanks! I sent it in :).

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 20:56:18 »
paid! and blowing way more money than i should on keyboards, again. but that's not a bad thing, right?  :thumb:

speak for yourself

Offline kenshinjeff

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (orders closed, invoices sent)
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 02:21:45 »
You guys won't regret it, the quality and the QC is pretty sweet.

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 03:12:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

lovely. is that silver?

speak for yourself

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 03:56:12 »
the fuk, $33 shipping to australia? was expecting the 40. thanks lunaris  :thumb: plus that paypal welfare tax tho. lol
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 22:03:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

lovely. is that silver?

It's dark grey (Sorry for potato photos)

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 22:12:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

lovely. is that silver?

It's dark grey (Sorry for potato photos)
thought so upon closer inspection. excited for my black

speak for yourself