Author Topic: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (waiting on replacement acrylic, otherwise complete)  (Read 73457 times)

Offline phosphoric

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (production)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 18:38:59 »
am i able to change my pcb to a bluetooth one at this point or is it too late?
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 21:57:34 »
am i able to change my pcb to a bluetooth one at this point or is it too late?

Would like to know this as well. I still want the b.Fake, but if it's available and you're able to source it, I'd like to add one onto my order (especially if it's RGB underglow like the b.Fake :) )
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2016, 22:23:39 by Pinecone »

Offline airs

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 22:05:57 »
Ditto to the above!
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 06:10:31 »
Any news from the case?

Offline airs

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 21:47:24 »
Any word on this? What about the question as to BT? Even just a check-in would be appreciated, thanks LD!
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:42:01 »
Any word on this? What about the question as to BT? Even just a check-in would be appreciated, thanks LD!

Doesn't look like there's anything still.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 09:02:45 »
Sorry guys, delays still persist. The designer told me on the 11th that the cases are being sent back to the factory for not being of satisfactory quality for selling abroad.

I don't know why that was not done sooner (or from the beginning). It honestly sounds like an excuse to justify the delays, but there's not much I can do but to ask you all to continue bearing with me on this as we wait for this project to draw its conclusion.

The BT PCB is in development but the ETA on that is literally whenever. The guy's not actively pursuing it to completion but working on several projects at the same time.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:26:31 »
Sorry guys, delays still persist. The designer told me on the 11th that the cases are being sent back to the factory for not being of satisfactory quality for selling abroad.

I don't know why that was not done sooner (or from the beginning). It honestly sounds like an excuse to justify the delays, but there's not much I can do but to ask you all to continue bearing with me on this as we wait for this project to draw its conclusion.

The BT PCB is in development but the ETA on that is literally whenever. The guy's not actively pursuing it to completion but working on several projects at the same time.

How annoying :confused:
Oh well, the wait goes on! Thanks for the check-in.

Offline axtran

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 00:03:37 »
:(

Sent from my iPhone
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 09:55:17 »
:(

Sent from my iPhone

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA SAME
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 06:30:25 »
damn this is taking a while.  :'(
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline airs

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 15:12:31 »
LD, how is this going? Any contact from the manufacturer?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline litesung

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 09:00:36 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:24:36 by litesung »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 10:07:17 »
I would prefer to hear weekly updates such as

"contacted manufacturer, no updates "than to hear nothing for over a month.

No updates are better than silence imo

Sorry, there's nothing new. I can't push for production to be wrapped up any faster as it's basically out of my hands. All I can do is keep asking on my end.

The anodizing is being handled by HolyOOPS, the same folks who make the aluminum novelty keycaps. They're known for their quality, but are also sometimes prone to extreme delays, like Feng's aluminum RGB modifiers buy which has gone on for a year now when production was originally estimated to take 20-30 days. That's finally being wrapped up and here's a pic from a week ago on the progress.

Our cases are NOT gonna take anywhere close to a year, but that's (sort of) the reason for the delay, on top of the cases being remade.

I'm never gone. Shoot me a PM and the slowest I'll respond by is 2-3 days (past that, it probably got lost amongst other messages). Unfortunately there's just not much to update on, and bumping the thread with nothing substantial kinda sucks.

Offline litesung

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 13:12:53 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:24:28 by litesung »

Offline airs

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 18:12:22 »
LD, has HolyOOPS given you any sort of timeline or estimate for our cases?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline litesung

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 16:27:04 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:24:03 by litesung »

Offline alveeno

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 12:27:39 »
LD, I had to change my address, did you get my pm?

hasn't replied to my pm's either

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 20:12:33 »

hasn't replied to my pm's either

dun dun dun

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 14:30:57 »
So is there anything new now?

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 21:17:03 »
Can we get an update here? Even if it's just to say that nothing has progressed we would love to hear from you Lunaris.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 23:33:27 »
Please send me another PM if I did not respond to your prior one.

Cases are being anodized. Details (acrylic layer, screws, feet, etc) are being worked out in preparation for shipping. I have a batch of PCBs in the U.S. but I don't think they'll be enough so I'm ordering some more on this side. My inventory count is inaccurate since I'm not stateside to check. I believe we're nearing the home stretch, for real this time.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 00:51:46 »

Show Image

Cases are being anodized. Details (acrylic layer, screws, feet, etc) are being worked out in preparation for shipping. I have a batch of PCBs in the U.S. but I don't think they'll be enough so I'm ordering some more on this side. My inventory count is inaccurate since I'm not stateside to check. I believe we're nearing the home stretch, for real this time.

Yaay

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 01:59:08 »
I believe we're nearing the home stretch, for real this time.
Plis be right, my little heart can't take any more  :'( :'(

Offline axtran

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 06:42:15 »
I think the problem now is deciding which plate to go with the TriC once I get it... at least that's my problem!

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 21:53:57 »
I'd have loved a 5mm acrylic plate, but I don't know where to source one :(
Well, hopefully Sprit will be back in time. I'll probably just go with the one ordered in this buy.

Thanks for the update Lunaris. Although it's delayed quite a bit, your open communication makes this GB worthwile. Thanks a lot for your effort.

Offline axtran

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 23:55:01 »
I'd have loved a 5mm acrylic plate, but I don't know where to source one :(
Well, hopefully Sprit will be back in time. I'll probably just go with the one ordered in this buy.

Thanks for the update Lunaris. Although it's delayed quite a bit, your open communication makes this GB worthwile. Thanks a lot for your effort.

You might never receive yours from sprit ;)

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 01:24:16 »
I didn't order one from him, but I still believe that he doesn't want to scam people. He'd be the worst scammer of all time, comeing back, shipping some old GB-Orders, engineers some Alps springs, gifts them to random people for free and then leaves again?
Doesn't sound right to me, although I understand the anger a lot of people have towards him perfectly well. Mistakes have been made and are currently made. But I still don't believe it's intentional. I just hope he gets R1&2 done at some point. Because hands down, his stuff is top-notch and it'd be a huge win for the community, if he would be back 100% and redeemed himself.

Well anyway, I don't believe this belongs here. If you know of a place to get 5mm plates, please let me know :D. After having it tried on a WKL-Board, I can't live without anymore.
Luckyly this case isn't for me, but my father-in-law, so alu plate is fine  ;D

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 04:43:45 »
I didn't order one from him, but I still believe that he doesn't want to scam people. He'd be the worst scammer of all time, comeing back, shipping some old GB-Orders, engineers some Alps springs, gifts them to random people for free and then leaves again?
Doesn't sound right to me, although I understand the anger a lot of people have towards him perfectly well. Mistakes have been made and are currently made. But I still don't believe it's intentional. I just hope he gets R1&2 done at some point. Because hands down, his stuff is top-notch and it'd be a huge win for the community, if he would be back 100% and redeemed himself.

Well anyway, I don't believe this belongs here. If you know of a place to get 5mm plates, please let me know :D. After having it tried on a WKL-Board, I can't live without anymore.
Luckyly this case isn't for me, but my father-in-law, so alu plate is fine  ;D

Just for curiosity's sake - do you mean a 5mm acrylic plate that is identical in layout to the universal 60% plates?

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 08:06:42 »
Pretty much, yes. I'd need it to cover ISO and WKL at least, as I'm planning to use some OG Skidata on this board :)

Offline axtran

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 18:00:11 »
Oh I get stuff from SPRiT too, he just like to disappear. Even the KR community kind of shuns him... he gives me great service when he does respond, and his 5mm plates are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 00:54:40 »

Show Image

\o/
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 13:24:11 »
Any update on that nifty BT PCB?  ;)

Offline axtran

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 08:58:49 »
I want my TriC! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline airs

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 13:41:39 »
Been a while since the last update (3 weeks?) - anything new LD?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 12:12:07 »
Is it possible to give a rough estimate? It'd be pretty rad if this housing would arrive before christmas, any chance for that? As I said, it's for my father in law and he'll be in canada afterwards for a pretty long time again.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 23:52:48 »
Been a while since the last update (3 weeks?) - anything new LD?

Has it been 3 weeks already? Holy crap.

Offline airs

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 13:56:09 »
A little concerned - Last Active: Sat, 08 October 2016, 02:43:52

Update please LD. It has been 26 days since the last one.
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Cotay

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 03:50:26 »
I'm sorry this GB is taking so long. Hopefully you will all get yours soon.

I found the Tric on Taobao a few weeks ago and ordered it instantly. It arrived last Friday and I am thrilled with the QC of this thing. The seller has sold out of all other colors but orange. That fact seems to indicate that the factory is behind in production.

I am new to custom keyboards and I have gone a bit crazy buying parts over the past four weeks. My first build to have all of the parts in will use the orange Tric, Winkeyless B.face (shout out to Hojin for excellent service and lightning shipping!), orange universal plate from Sentraq, Gateron Blacks, and GMK Orange Dream caps from Originative.

Here is a picture of the case and plate. Don't mind the crumbs on the floor, my kids decided they'd like to make a mess this evening. :)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 04:18:23 »
LD is active on Slack, you might try your luck there. Not part of this GB, just a bystander
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 04:54:53 »

Above is the conversation I had with the designer just now.

What happened is that Baiyang, one of the largest mkb Taobao shop runners, basically acquired the rights to TriC in China (as in, only he can sell it), through a deal with the designer. I made a separate deal prior to that with the designer as well, but Baiyang and I are unaffiliated.

TriC's production history is as follows, AFAIK:

Initial batch - a GB w/ a little over 10 were made, and I purchased mine from it. Organized and fulfilled by the designer.

Second batch - a GB run through Baiyang. Fulfilled by Baiyang.

Third batch - this GB run by me. Only just now shipped from factory, and en route to the designer. Will be fulfilled by the designer.

Fourth batch - ordered by Baiyang but not as a GB. He ordered some of each (except orange, which is said to be discontinued as the color was too difficult to anodize properly) to sell on his storefront. This is probably what you got, Cotay.

The reason given to me by the designer (and HolyOOPs who handled the production and anodizing) for the delay is that the batch that was ordered by me was mostly scrapped due to quality issues. This does not explain how Baiyang got his well before my own.

There's definitive word now. It won't be long before you all get what you paid for. I'm sorry it took so long.

A PM on here or reddit is still the best way to reach me. Slack is faster, but conversation gets wiped after 10k total messages which makes it hard to keep track of things.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 05:43:28 »
TriC's production history is as follows, AFAIK:

Initial batch - a GB w/ a little over 10 were made, and I purchased mine from it. Organized and fulfilled by the designer.

Second batch - a GB run through Baiyang. Fulfilled by Baiyang.

Third batch - this GB run by me. Only just now shipped from factory, and en route to the designer. Will be fulfilled by the designer.

Fourth batch - ordered by Baiyang but not as a GB. He ordered some of each (except orange, which is said to be discontinued as the color was too difficult to anodize properly) to sell on his storefront. This is probably what you got, Cotay.

The reason given to me by the designer (and HolyOOPs who handled the production and anodizing) for the delay is that the batch that was ordered by me was mostly scrapped due to quality issues. This does not explain how Baiyang got his well before my own.

There's definitive word now. It won't be long before you all get what you paid for. I'm sorry it took so long.

A PM on here or reddit is still the best way to reach me. Slack is faster, but conversation gets wiped after 10k total messages which makes it hard to keep track of things.

That's a **** ton of drama. Sucks you had to deal with this. So if I understand correctly, the only way to get another TRiC (assuming I wanted another one or a friend wants one) now is thru Baiyang on TB?

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 05:49:11 »
Just wanted to say thanks once again for the open communication, although the delays suck, I still feel like my money is in good hands. Just sucks my Father in law will probably be out of country once the case gets here tough  :-X.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 07:01:42 »
Just wanted to say thanks once again for the open communication, although the delays suck, I still feel like my money is in good hands. Just sucks my Father in law will probably be out of country once the case gets here tough  :-X.

It definitely is. I would trust Lunaris with my child if I had one. Love the transparency, Lunaris. Keep up the awesome work! ****ty you are the one dealing with this stuff. Hope everything works out.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline airs

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 12:19:19 »
Thank you for the update Lunaris!
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline axtran

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 23:19:53 »
So close! Still excited. Gotta prep my PCB and plate, plenty to do until the case arrives :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vito687

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 13:22:01 »
time to finish sip pocketing these Zeals... ugh

Offline Cotay

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 00:06:55 »
I was able to get my Tric built this weekend. All I can say is that it is worth the wait; this is the nicest housing I've ever seen. I only wish I had a BT module and battery to put in this.

You guys are in for a treat!

Offline alveeno

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 01:10:15 »
I was able to get my Tric built this weekend. All I can say is that it is worth the wait; this is the nicest housing I've ever seen. I only wish I had a BT module and battery to put in this.

You guys are in for a treat!

Show Image

Ooh, thanks for the pics :)

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 03:53:58 »
time to finish sip pocketing these Zeals... ugh

This looks so hot. Do you have the Taobao link from the guy you bought it from?