Author Topic: Panic Buy has BEGUN, peeps.  (Read 15948 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Panic Buy has BEGUN, peeps.
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 14:13:59 »
I weep for humanity. Climate change is still a bigger threat than the virus. While the virus will kill some and make others immune, climate change is on track to destroying the conditions for human life. The economy will of course crash much sooner than that.

The only solution to climate change is the end of animal agriculture which is responsible for 87% of human-made greenhouse gas emissions.

https://www.climatehealers.org/animal-agriculture-white-paper

Solar is great, but fossil fuel usage is NOT the primary driver of climate change.

Animal agriculture is the largest culprit of NOT ONLY climate change, but ALSO rapid biohazard evolution in Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations where Disease hosts are TRAPPED.

Don't waste time weeping for humanity, STOP EATING CORPSES TODAY.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 18:08:40 »
Oddly there's no panic buy on Mangos,  in stock everywhere.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 18:24:22 »
I work in the food industry, supply chain. We have been out of sanitizer, toilet paper (rolls) and most ground beef since Monday. We are shifting our main focus from restaurants to grocery stores and nursing homes right now to make sure they are supplied.

How's the dried beans supply/ projections.

I would say that they are ok. Our warehouse has quite a bit of 50lb bags currently.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 05:39:37 »
A guy I know went to the Netherlands to work, he had to buy marijuana from random people in a flat because all the cafe's were closed.  Then he came back early with the job not done and a temperature.  Clever boss :rolleyes:
Just found out this guy collapsed yesterday while out for a short walk.  It's getting real.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 09:13:55 »
A guy I know went to the Netherlands to work, he had to buy marijuana from random people in a flat because all the cafe's were closed.  Then he came back early with the job not done and a temperature.  Clever boss :rolleyes:
Just found out this guy collapsed yesterday while out for a short walk.  It's getting real.

What with all the licking and lack of hygiene I've witness in the bulk of users, it is not surprising.

it's not like the dealers are wearing gloves and handling them in sanitary conditions.

It's probably packed on his bathroom counter-top on a scale he's never cleaned ever..

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 06:50:52 »
Shopping here seems to have chilled right out in the last couple of days. I think loads of people must have spent more than they could afford or have so much now they're concerned with actually eating it before it goes off.

Offline iri

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 07:31:52 »
But toilet paper doesn't go off...
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 07:36:14 »
But toilet paper doesn't go off...

:)) I saw some in the back of my neighbour's car yesterday, he's not a **** so it was just a 9 pack not everything they had.  Unless a nutjob just couldn't fit the last one in their trolley...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 16:30:05 »
Went food shopping yesterday and the grocery store was fully stocked with toilet paper, cold medicine, and hand sanitizer. Not a bare shelf in the store. There were limits on some products, but otherwise zero change at all.

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 16:33:15 »
It was pretty rough in Nogales the first week, but it's since become normal again. Alot of people ran across the border to buy in Mexico too.

I'm told it went down up north in Tucson. I have no idea if that is still the case though.

Sahuarita was largely the same after the first few days.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 21:07:35 »
Went shopping today - queued outside for the length of the shop before being allowed in and same again to get to the checkout.  You could buy any type of toilet roll you wanted, any meat you wanted, any fresh veg...  There was no hand cleaner, only own brand baked beans and no vacuum packed naan bread but other than that all good.  The same non-Asian-in-a-face-mask was there as last week which was strange as it was nearly two hours earlier.

Biggest laugh? The 'Customers are limited to 3 due to increased demand' label on the toilet rolls, which of course come in a 4 pack minimum.  Does that mean you can buy 3 packs - 27 rolls - if you want?  That's not very limiting...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod