Author Topic: Post your Poker!  (Read 1027608 times)

Offline eyesmiles

Re: Post your Poker!
« Reply #2850 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 13:59:13 »

When Poker X pcb + Poker II plate + 2 different PBT sets = repurposed and alive once again Poker X.

Long story short, gave a Poker II to my nephew and was going to do a little project with him while teaching him how to solder. He got too eager while I was busy with work and attempted to de-solder, etc. and managed to lift some pads, burn the pcb in some areas and such. Anyways the original Poker II pcb is still usable, albeit with numerous jumpers but the little man's morale plummeted. I finally had the time to work with him, pulled out a spare Poker X pcb, go over a few things I learned and clarified that I'm still learning to better my soldering and that errors happen. Since his bday is coming up, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give him some PBT goodness (and that Ivan is doing a R2 of the dark/blackout sets so it's ok to give him a set) and this is how it turned out.

The Poker X is mine for a few more hours until it goes to back to my nephew. Man ... I still think the function layer of both the original Poker X and KBT Pure are way better than what the Poker II and Pure Pro offered.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2851 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 14:01:07 »
Show Image

When Poker X pcb + Poker II plate + 2 different PBT sets = repurposed and alive once again Poker X.

Long story short, gave a Poker II to my nephew and was going to do a little project with him while teaching him how to solder. He got too eager while I was busy with work and attempted to de-solder, etc. and managed to lift some pads, burn the pcb in some areas and such. Anyways the original Poker II pcb is still usable, albeit with numerous jumpers but the little man's morale plummeted. I finally had the time to work with him, pulled out a spare Poker X pcb, go over a few things I learned and clarified that I'm still learning to better my soldering and that errors happen. Since his bday is coming up, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give him some PBT goodness (and that Ivan is doing a R2 of the dark/blackout sets so it's ok to give him a set) and this is how it turned out.

The Poker X is mine for a few more hours until it goes to back to my nephew. Man ... I still think the function layer of both the original Poker X and KBT Pure are way better than what the Poker II and Pure Pro offered.

Really beautiful combination sir! I like it. I was lazy to read the whole text but the grey set look like imsto pbt set.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #2852 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 14:04:54 »
Show Image

Really beautiful combination sir! I like it. I was lazy to read the whole text but the grey set look like imsto pbt set.

Yes sir it is. A older imsto grey set that's been in storage with Ivan's black out set. My nephew liked how Dolch looked and I thought it wouldn't hurt to give him Cherry profile goodness with somewhat of a "Folch" look.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2853 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 14:12:11 »
Show Image

thats awesome raising the next generation of keyboard enthusiasts.bravo!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #2854 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 14:31:41 »
thats awesome raising the next generation of keyboard enthusiasts.bravo!

I'm actually surprised how quickly he's adapted to function layers especially since the original keycaps with markings of the function layer isn't present. I just showed him the sheet and he went from Poker II to Poker X almost instantly. He's just not used to using Fn + `/~ to hit Esc  :)) Kids nowadays ... I guess since he has no major prior habits when it comes to keyboards other than his full sized Ducky Shine, it's easy to pick up things.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2855 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 14:36:57 »
Show Image

Yes sir it is. A older imsto grey set that's been in storage with Ivan's black out set. My nephew liked how Dolch looked and I thought it wouldn't hurt to give him Cherry profile goodness with somewhat of a "Folch" look.
Damn that' s a good idea! I love dolch too but I don't own a keyset of it. That could be a way to have a variation of it in a sense. I really like that grey set as well. May I ask how much does it go for?

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #2856 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 14:42:34 »
Show Image

Damn that' s a good idea! I love dolch too but I don't own a keyset of it. That could be a way to have a variation of it in a sense. I really like that grey set as well. May I ask how much does it go for?

I believe he still has them for sale:

http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=59

I really hope imsto updates that set one day to include the 1.5 mods, 7x spacebar, etc. etc.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2857 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 15:25:53 »
Show Image

I believe he still has them for sale:

http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=59

I really hope imsto updates that set one day to include the 1.5 mods, 7x spacebar, etc. etc.
OK thank you.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2858 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 20:36:43 »
Show Image

That is a very nice layout! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #2859 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 08:44:32 »
Spent a few hours rebuilding my poker this week. Painted the plate, lubed switches, installed clear tops, and soldered in some LEDs. Man, did it take forever... It makes me glad I only had to work with 61 keys instead of a full board.

102199-0

102201-1

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #2860 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 13:36:35 »
****ty pic off my og moto x:

poker x, sprit 60 and nerd 60 all in poker 2 cases  :)
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
  • UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #2861 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 11:36:59 »

My Poker X before I changed the keycaps and case on it. It's a completely different looking beast now.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #2862 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 15:35:08 »
my semi-dolch (ITA) on Poker. Many thanks to @JaccoW who sent me the cyan ISO enter entirely free of charge! ;)

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 July 2015, 15:38:16 by Prelim »
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline lolpes

« Reply #2863 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 15:41:54 »
Thats The best combo for dolch :D cyan or eletric blue on it are just amazing! ;)

Offline Prelim

« Reply #2864 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 15:47:50 »
or green   ;D
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2865 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 03:42:32 »
Looking good Prelim  :thumb:
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2866 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 04:43:18 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #2867 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 16:29:50 »
I love the alucase and the Caps

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2868 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 16:39:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

What case is that?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2869 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 16:50:53 »
Show Image

Alight I just saw this now, this combination looks good as hell man. Seriously one of the best set combos I've seen
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #2870 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:19:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

What case is that?
Thats an fmj case   colour is grey

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #2871 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 20:39:38 »
Poker II + Tex Aluminum + Granite + Nuka Cap/HKP Gasmasks  :p

105056-0

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2872 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 21:44:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

One of my favorite 60% cases.  I really regret not getting in on that GB.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2873 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 18:17:52 »

Show Image

I love you Dolch. <3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2874 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 05:35:07 »

Show Image

I love you Dolch. <3

Goes with everything :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2875 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 06:23:02 »

Show Image

I love you Dolch. <3

Goes with everything :D

Yeah that's right. That's one of the easiest (if not the easiest) to match with your board. I love especially with the electric blue. Just wonderful. I want to kiss it real bad. It could go really well on my Carbon Fiber soon to come 60%.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #2876 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 23:57:43 »
Eine kleine Deutschlandflagge am mein Pok3r!
More pics coming soon when my ducky set arrives in the mail.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Den441

« Reply #2877 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 00:04:42 »
My SoWaRe alphas / Retro R4 Mods Combo:

Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2878 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 00:06:59 »
My SoWaRe alphas / Retro R4 Mods Combo:

Show Image

... that is beatiful
I love Elzy

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2879 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 11:41:10 »
Show Image

Man, never been a fan of colored WASD clusters, but that looks sexy AF.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2880 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 19:49:18 »
Potato is real I know, but this board looks really good with blank key caps! Way better than the stock ones
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
« Reply #2881 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:07:34 »
Sad I didn't get in on that wood case. maybe next time. Digging DSA.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #2882 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:16:03 »

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2883 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:19:05 »
Show Image

Are the window keys upside down?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2884 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:20:56 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #2885 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:43:51 »
Show Image

Are the window keys upside down?
ah silly me, just noticed that

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2886 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 00:27:34 »
Show Image

They look less like toilets this way around.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2887 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 00:39:36 »

Show Image

Dat BB; looks great with that set!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #2888 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 10:53:37 »
Potato is real I know, but this board looks really good with blank key caps! Way better than the stock ones
Show Image

This is so cute. I may have to steal this look  :p

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline DVH

« Reply #2889 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 07:47:24 »
EZ :D

More

Offline Vaun

• ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯
« Reply #2890 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 16:31:45 »
Potato! Still got the original Poker II case so I think it counts, even tough everything else has been replaced.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #2891 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 17:21:19 »
Not a poker then mate  :-\

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #2892 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 18:48:55 »
I think we can permit this... but just this once!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Vaun

• ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯
« Reply #2893 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 04:08:24 »
I think we can permit this... but just this once!

:cool:

Offline GalacticPirate

« Reply #2894 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 05:47:52 »
My Pok3r with Eve Keycaps

Offline Prelim

« Reply #2895 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 06:11:12 »
tried a white case with the WoBs... looks much more funky :thumb:

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #2896 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 09:38:07 »
As it's setting this morning. New caps arriving today!

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Prelim

« Reply #2897 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 13:08:07 »
nice! they seem to have the same vortex lettering ;) I would prefer to see the number row in green as well!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2898 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 18:23:46 »
tried a white case with the WoBs... looks much more funky :thumb:

Show Image

I like the caps! Did you have to "fix" the black bottom row keys i.e. centering the stems?

Offline Prelim

« Reply #2899 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 18:40:28 »
I like the caps! Did you have to "fix" the black bottom row keys i.e. centering the stems?

only the spacebar (in which I've added a center stem), the win/menu are from a G80 ;)