Author Topic: Excelent deal on TG3 BL82 aka Deck 82 red led's  (Read 21598 times)

Offline Typhaeon

Excelent deal on TG3 BL82 aka Deck 82 red led's
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 05 March 2012, 11:28:39 »
To everybody in this thread requesting buys/shipment:

I work an hour or so from where these are shipped.  This means that if you arrange shipping through me, you don't need to wait for X amount of days for it to be delivered to somebody else before it's shipped to you, nor do you need to pay a second shipping cost (though of course you can tip me if you want; I'm not that ashamed).

I've bought one of these myself (as detailed earlier in the thread), and am actually using it to type up this post; I can definitely recommend this as a hard-typist's keyboard - with a little work (see endnote).  It's also a good way to get used to a reduced-size keyboard so you can more easily get started on a KBT or KBC, should you decide to go that route.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like me to arrange international shipment, or if you'd like to coordinate a larger buy that might involve cost savings on shipping in general.  This would make a lot more sense than a dozen different orders going through a dozen different people's methodologies.  I have a UPS pickup in-office I can utilize, and am within walking distance of USPS and FedEx; if you'd prefer another courier, just let me know.

If I get enough interest in this unit, I may organize a group buy, but it's best not to put the cart before the horse.  Feel free to let me know.

Note: You definitely need to remove the splash guard to get rid of the initially mushy keyfeel, which involves popping all of the keycaps off (I took the housing apart too to make this easier; it involves around 15 Philips head screws, and is easy to reassemble).  After the plastic film isn't gumming up the works anymore, it's nice and solid to type on while not being too deep.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2012, 11:38:09 by Typhaeon »

Offline G.C.W.

• Formerly t!ng
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 05 March 2012, 18:55:15 »
Pm'd you @ Typhaeon

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 00:04:16 »
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?28252-Interest-Check-TG3-BL82-(International-Redirect)-Deck82-Casings

Started this if anyone is interested. I realize Typhaeon offered up too, maybe he wants to take over the BL82's and I could do the Deck casings.

I have no preference really, I just don't feel like spending $30.00 on shipping for $65.00 worth of parts.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 01:18:36 »
does this board not turn off?

i dont want to be turning down the lights every time i turn my pc off -.-
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 01:31:30 »
demik: did you do a switch swap? aren't these board mounted?

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 01:37:36 »
plate mounted, and nope not yet.

not going to do it myself, seeing if somebody can for me. im no good on soldering.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 01:43:11 »
oops, i meant to say "aren't these plate mounted?"

if we can get these cheap enough, i'd be interested in stripping one down to switch and led mod, but i dunno, since i'd also want to do some kind of remapping job on the terrible terrible layout. if i did do this, i could probably mod a few of them for those who are interested.

can someone (typh?) see if globaltek will give us any volume discounts?

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 01:44:07 »
this light thing is really bothering me.

also needs something to grip it to the desk, thing is sliding around everywhere

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 01:50:19 »
Quote from: mkawa;536663
oops, i meant to say "aren't these plate mounted?"

if we can get these cheap enough, i'd be interested in stripping one down to switch and led mod, but i dunno, since i'd also want to do some kind of remapping job on the terrible terrible layout. if i did do this, i could probably mod a few of them for those who are interested.

can someone (typh?) see if globaltek will give us any volume discounts?

I already called them, said no-go on volume discounts. Even offered to buy out their stock.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 03:00:55 »
well that's a load of poop

Offline Zuk

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 14:33:28 »
Did you have to remove all the keys to get the liquid protection layer off? Or just unscrew the bottom?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 17:56:20 »
u have to remove keys , membrane lays on top of switches
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline silat

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 14:23:40 »
Quote from: o2dazone;499951
Nice find on a very cool backlit keyboard. It's a shame black switches are so horrible for almost everything :( And I believe the TG3 BL82 is plate mounted, so it makes getting to those switches impossible

Has anyone been able to convert one of these boards to USB?
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 14:47:05 »
Unless the board internally supports USB somehow, the only way I see this happening is if you took apart something like the blue-cube adapter and soldered it internally, adding a new USB connection inside. Kinda like the USB Model M mods.

It wouldn't be that hard but still a bit of work.

Offline Zuk

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 16:18:37 »
Quote from: Zuk;544726
Did you have to remove all the keys to get the liquid protection layer off? Or just unscrew the bottom?

Thanks. Now to find something to put underneath it so it doesn't slide or scratch my desk. So far I'm liking it for gaming.

Offline Rexxed

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 18:36:13 »
Quote from: Zuk;547001
Thanks. Now to find something to put underneath it so it doesn't slide or scratch my desk. So far I'm liking it for gaming.

I got some of these adhesive rubber feet for mine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130656966916.  I can't attest to their longevity since they're new to me.  They also seem to be working on a spare piece of marble I use as a coaster.

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 21:48:50 »
Quote from: Zuk;547001

I love this shelf lining stuff:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 44530[/ATTACH]