Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8537359 times)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Clack Therapy
« on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:27:14 »
I like the clack therapy sessions that happen from time to time in various threads. I wanted to make this thread for people to vent and for new members to understand more clearly what this clack thing is all about. The frustration subsides once you accept the fact that like anything collectible, you just cant have them all. The people with large collections have definitely put in the leg work to get them through communication and developing friendships amongst this community wether its out front or behind the scenes. Yes some of them were here in the old days when they were not so popular but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Geekhack is not a store. If you want opportunity you have to create it for yourself. I've been here about a year now and I can tell you that one year ago I was very VERY upset with the apparent "cool kids club". I was a noob and at one point I was convinced that I would never get a clack and it got me feeling pretty sour about this place in general. I'm glad I never gave up or cast too much judgment on the people here. I would feel pretty silly right now if I had given into impulse and actually posted half the things I've written up and decided not to send. You may see people posting clack after clack on this forum but just remember that the clack you saw them post last week may have been used in a trade to acquire the clack you see posted today. I have owned about 8 or 10 clacks so far of different types and posted pictures of most of them but I have never owned more than 2 or 3 at a time. Eventually with persistence and good communication you'll get your first clack too. Just know that the clack you saw that looked so awesome that you really really want might be out of reach forever. Acceptance will bring serenity.  Don't let it bring you down. Good things come to those who wait. Just try not to burn any bridges in the meantime. Cheers

YM88
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:28:54 »
They're your Clacks. Use them when you need them!

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 July 2013, 05:08:26 by esoomenona »

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:54:50 »
TL;DR

Good things come to those who wait.

[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:56:27 »
Word
Looking for CC's!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 04:11:39 »
Or better yet for newbs, don't go down the dark path of clack hunting. Many times it brings out the worst in people. Look at what happens at CC sales.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 05:33:27 »
Or better yet for newbs, don't go down the dark path of clack hunting. Many times it brings out the worst in people. Look at what happens at CC sales.
The heart wants what the heart wants. I'm just hoping that if people share stories about their experiences hunting clacks (good or bad) maybe we can all feel a little better about our struggles and hopefully gain some understanding to ease the tension and frustration at sale times. So please, share some stories/thoughts etc.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 05:44:02 »
The only clack I truly want is the red translucent one. Somehow I don't think I'll ever acquire it due to its rarity.. :'(
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 06:31:27 »
The heart wants what the heart wants. I'm just hoping that if people share stories about their experiences hunting clacks (good or bad) maybe we can all feel a little better about our struggles and hopefully gain some understanding to ease the tension and frustration at sale times. So please, share some stories/thoughts etc.

Milk blue mx. **** you milk blue you piece of filthy bloodied mucus filled elephant ****, I hope all the milk blues in the entire existence of the history of the universe are stuck up the ******* of a syphilitic grizzly bear who is raped by a great white shark, then **** out and smashed to bits by a an angry Margret Thatcher in cement high heels dressed as cookie monster on a Tuesday. Clacks are stupid anyways.

Eh, I do feel a bit better.  :llama:

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 06:49:26 »

Milk blue mx. **** you milk blue you piece of filthy bloodied mucus filled elephant ****, I hope all the milk blues in the entire existence of the history of the universe are stuck up the ******* of a syphilitic grizzly bear who is raped by a great white shark, then **** out and smashed to bits by a an angry Margret Thatcher in cement high heels dressed as cookie monster on a Tuesday. Clacks are stupid anyways.

This made choke on my cereal.  Pure awesome.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 06:54:14 »

god im loving a thatcher reference from across the pond
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 07:30:43 »
The only thing I don't like regarding the Clack life is the people that complain when people sell clacks in an auction style. (for the record I've never had a clack auction nor sold any of my clacks)
I'd much rather have an auction where everyone has a chance to bid than a race to see who can pm the fastest when there is a set price.

Oh, and I also hate when people criticize the people that are willing to spend big money on clacks. It's their money, they can spend if however they want. Maybe its just jealousy or something by I see posts like that far too often.

Excuse the rambling.  :p

TLDR; There is nothing wrong with clack auctions and people that spend big $ on Clacks should not be criticized.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 07:58:15 »
It's their your money, they can spend if however they want use it when you need it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:07:53 »
Clacks are really nice, it would be awesome to have an entire keyboard of regular keys made with the same craftsmanship and material.

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:10:15 »
isnt there a sail happening soon from clack factory?  I'm gonna try to get my first one from there.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:33:57 »
I really don't mind the fact that I may never own a CC. Honestly speaking, there's only 2-3 CC's I'd be interested in but will not buy because I will never drop that kind of money on a key cap, and that's the MX Juicysicle, Oktoberfest, and maybe the Candy Corn!

Still, it's kind of interesting the pedestal that CC's have been put on and watch them go for ridiculous amounts of cash  :p
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:47:46 »
It took me 4 months to get my first clacks since I refuse to pay markups. I got my Mint Green cluster and F2 Blue skull in various 4Grabs sales and my (first) Mint Green Skull from a cool person who sold to me at cost. No I'm not in some elite Clack club. I just started to talk to people and helped them hunt for stuff. And when they offered to do the same for me, I asked for a Skull and they found it. Like YM88 said, this isn't a store. Sometimes you have to be patient and you never know when someone will be kind and help you out. Just because you can't instantly buy it shouldn't be a turn off. And the fun of being on GH is meeting all these people while I hunt for swag I want.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:51:01 »
isnt there a sail happening soon from clack factory?  I'm gonna try to get my first one from there.

I did hear clickclack is a member of the yacht club...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:52:45 »
that's the MX Juicysicle Julysicle, Oktoberfest, and maybe the Candy Corn!

You talkin' 'bout my Trifecta of DeliciousnessTM?

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 11:19:30 »
Me love Salute. Me will never get a Salute (?) Me still okay with me. Introspection good. Thanks to OP for feeling talk place.

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 11:47:49 »
After I snagged a bag with 3 F2 CC's, I gotta admit I'm addicted to these skulls. I definitely could use some therapy.

MOAR CLACK!

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:30:02 »
Me love Salute. Me will never get a Salute (?) Me still okay with me. Introspection good. Thanks to OP for feeling talk place.

: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:41:21 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:51:54 »

Show Image

click clack patty-wack

click, clack
patty-wack
got the jump in my step back
smiles up
never down
slowly turned my life around
head held high
reaching skies
beginning to regain my pride
i sing out loud
loud and proud
no longer afraid of the large crowds
face my fears
no more tears
looking forward to my future years
i beat you down
down to the ground
anxiety is nowhere to be found

http://www.last.fm/music/Peter+Awesome/_/Click+Clack,+Paddy+Whack+beat

-courtesy of google
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:55:32 by SpAmRaY »

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:52:47 »
lol.  I actually got lectured by somebody who sold me a set of Clacks once:  he told me that I had a sickness.  But who is worse, the addict or the enabler?
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:53:06 »
What are Clacks?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 13:01:13 »

Show Image

click clack patty-wack

click, clack
patty-wack
smiles up
never down
head held high
reaching skies
i sing out loud
loud and proud
face my fears
no more tears
i beat you down
down to the ground

-courtesy of google

K....

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 13:02:53 »

Show Image

click clack patty-wack

click, clack
patty-wack
smiles up
never down
head held high
reaching skies
i sing out loud
loud and proud
face my fears
no more tears
i beat you down
down to the ground

-courtesy of google

K....

dr phil brings out the best in the internet

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 13:11:42 »
What are Clacks?

Is this a riddle?

"What has it got on its keyboardses, Precious?" ~ Gollum

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 July 2013, 17:19:04 by eth0s »

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 13:46:04 »
Wish I had dual colors like that.
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 13:57:08 »
Wish I had dual colors like that.

Hmm, well I have some doubles, but not on that keyboard.  You can't really tell that the two yellows are not the same:  there is a limoncello yellow and yolk yellow. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 July 2013, 17:20:06 by eth0s »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 14:03:00 »
I needs me some clacks -_-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 14:04:05 »
I needs me some more clacks -_-

FTFY!

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 14:13:54 »
If anyone wants they can donate one to me for fee  :p
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline brialona

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 15:27:26 »
I don't know what the big deal is with clacks.  Its a lot like propaganda.  Before coming to gh, anyone would be sane enough to not buy a key cap that costs 100.  After coming to gh, after hearing all this rage about clacks, people tend to slowly justify spending 100 on a key cap.
ozil

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 15:37:01 »
I needs me some clacks -_-

You ≠ I.C.E

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 16:12:55 »
No I'm not in some elite Clack club

Lies
Looking for CC's!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 16:15:30 »

Lies

Rofl. You're right. I'm the reason why there's no Clacks to go to town. My bathtub is filled with them, Tai-Hao GB style, and I'm just swimming in them.

After coming to gh, after hearing all this rage about clacks, people tend to slowly justify spending 100 on a key cap.

Definitely not true. I *refuse* to pay the markup. People are just impatient.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 16:18:17 »

Lies

Rofl. You're right. I'm the reason why there's no Clacks to go to town. My bathtub is filled with them, Tai-Hao GB style, and I'm just swimming in them.

We all know Team Twerk really runs the Clack underground.
Looking for CC's!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 16:19:32 »
I can't help that Clack's gnomes like my moves.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 16:20:51 »
I can't help that Clack's gnomes like my moves.

Yes you can. Stop moving.
Looking for CC's!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 16:22:19 »
Can't stop, won't stop. Team Twerk make that booty drop  :p

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 16:25:23 »
Looking for CC's!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 17:10:58 »
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 17:17:13 »
After coming to gh, after hearing all this rage about clacks, people tend to slowly justify spending [$] 100 on a key cap.

Where can I get Clacks for only $100?  You got a stash?  Sell them to me!

Offline brialona

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 23:05:43 »
After coming to gh, after hearing all this rage about clacks, people tend to slowly justify spending [$] 100 on a key cap.

its more than $100??? how can anyone justify spending that much on a single keycap???
ozil

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 23:07:10 »
its more than $100??? how can anyone justify spending that much on a single keycap???

Some people make lots of money and it's worth it to them instead of hoping to get one, they're willing to put the money on the table for one.  I think it's ridiculous and I absolutely loathe the flipping Clacks for profit that goes on, but I can understand why some people are willing to pay that much.

Now I just want someone to trade me for my Octopink Toast 4:20 cap.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 23:20:42 »

Only resale is that much. The price from clack himself during sales is normally around $25 or so.

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 23:34:09 »

Only resale is that much. The price from clack himself during sales is normally around $25 or so.

wow really? I thought they used to sell on EK for like 14?
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 July 2013, 12:30:10 by Danule »
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 00:11:48 »
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time