Author Topic: cheap cherry POS boards on eBay  (Read 22248 times)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: cheap cherry POS boards on eBay
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 23:39:48 »
Just to make sure I accurately convey my point about nasty, here is a picture. The entire keyboard was like this, even underneath the keys. It was literally like a carpet.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 23:41:52 »
Just to make sure I accurately convey my point about nasty, here is a picture. The entire keyboard was like this, even underneath the keys. It was literally like a carpet.

Show Image

Wow, that beats both my MX8100 with doubleshots that coffee was spilled on and the dust on my recent MY8000

Offline ebacho

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 23:47:17 »
That's honestly pretty clean.  The PCB looks decent and you can get most of the dust out by disassembling the board and attacking it with canned air.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 06:36:01 »

Show Image

I didn't have time to open mine up last night, maybe tonight.....we will see how bad it really is :D

Offline marcusant

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 07:23:13 »
That's honestly pretty clean.  The PCB looks decent and you can get most of the dust out by disassembling the board and attacking it with canned air.

The PCB is definitely clean. But the plastic has black dots all over and the board smells weird (I would say smoking, but it's POS and I would hope not).

Offline MisterZ

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 08:08:09 »
I  just got my 10 units, about half with white switches. Someone must have really pissed off this seller as they are not listing any more. They did a private auction for me. For $25, its a total steal regardless of the switch type and the dirt. Nothing compressed air can't fix--)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 18:05:36 »

yeah, these aren't bad. I've had several non cherry keyboards that were much worse.
I  just got my 10 units, about half with white switches. Someone must have really pissed off this seller as they are not listing any more. They did a private auction for me. For $25, its a total steal regardless of the switch type and the dirt. Nothing compressed air can't fix--)

The switch is usually called "clear" to avoid confusion with this cherry switch
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_White

Also: you got TEN?
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 April 2014, 18:07:16 by dorkvader »

Offline MisterZ

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 08:44:51 »
yup, they IM me and said some purchasers were being real ?sholes and demanding refunds for something they were essentially giving away, so they would not list anymore, I bought everything they had left. Real nice people, will stop into their store next time I am in the big apple.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 08:46:12 »
I wonder if I showed up at J&R, if they would show me to this storage room and sell me other keyboards like this...that'd be cool.

yup, they IM me and said some purchasers were being real ?sholes and demanding refunds for something they were essentially giving away, so they would not list anymore, I bought everything they had left. Real nice people, will stop into their store next time I am in the big apple.

That's too bad. I had a good buying experience with them and I'm happy with the board I received.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 09:22:31 »

I wonder if I showed up at J&R, if they would show me to this storage room and sell me other keyboards like this...that'd be cool.

That's too bad. I had a good buying experience with them and I'm happy with the board I received.

For what I paid I'm pretty happy overall. I wasn't expecting anything amazing for 25 bucks. My biggest complaint with them was that it took 7 days after I paid for my order to ship.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 09:25:31 »

That is very interesting they basically told me a week ago they only had browns left.....

Offline MisterZ

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:54:44 »
looks like people threatened with negative feedback, i have had this done to me once, it was not fun, total abuse of power

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:56:32 »
looks like people threatened with negative feedback, i have had this done to me once, it was not fun, total abuse of power

Well I could understand why people would because the seller waited a week then started messaging people trying to sell them the brown boards because they didn't have clear boards, BUT they obviously had some because they sent me one after the fact and they sent you some.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 11:36:36 »

I think that is against ebays TOS I saw someone get their whole case thrown out even though they were the buyer and in the right. Because they had mentioned they would give negative feedback if the seller didn't comply. The seller showed ebay the message and he won.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 13:03:35 »
For what I paid I'm pretty happy overall. I wasn't expecting anything amazing for 25 bucks. My biggest complaint with them was that it took 7 days after I paid for my order to ship.

Sale date: 04/17/14... still in transit via UPS. If I get a stupid browns board I will be so irritated. unless this vintage browns hype catches on :|

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 13:45:49 »

Sale date: 04/17/14... still in transit via UPS. If I get a stupid browns board I will be so irritated. unless this vintage browns hype catches on :|

#hypetrain #choochoomofos

Offline MisterZ

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 14:28:57 »
if you get the keyboard you want, or they gave you a refund for something they could not deliver on, they more than met their obligation.

I dont think they are keyboard experts like we are, I dont even think they know what a switch is, let alone the significance of the color.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 15:29:56 »
if you get the keyboard you want, or they gave you a refund for something they could not deliver on, they more than met their obligation.

I dont think they are keyboard experts like we are, I dont even think they know what a switch is, let alone the significance of the color.

Someone knows something because they specifically asked me (a week after payment) to accept a board with brown switches because that is all they had left, versus the clear switches that had been advertised and I simply told them if they couldn't deliver the originally advertised item I would accept a refund and they magically found a board with clear switches within minutes of my reply. This seems to have happened before you bought your boards and you received some of both so they obviously had some left and for whatever reason were going through them trying to get rid of the browns in place of the clears.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 10:51:09 »

Someone knows something because they specifically asked me (a week after payment) to accept a board with brown switches because that is all they had left, versus the clear switches that had been advertised and I simply told them if they couldn't deliver the originally advertised item I would accept a refund and they magically found a board with clear switches within minutes of my reply. This seems to have happened before you bought your boards and you received some of both so they obviously had some left and for whatever reason were going through them trying to get rid of the browns in place of the clears.

Fortunately to me, mine was arrived to Vietnam safe and sound today after a long travel from the other half of the world :eek:
Frankly, I'm so surprised. It is Cherry MX Clear (+diode), the key cap is in good condition.
Well, at least I have no complaint about this keyboard.
Thank you dorkvader for posting this under great finds and it turned out to be a very good finds, indeed.
I like linear switches

Offline Grr8

• Quack!
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 07:53:04 »

No, that's still seller non-performance:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/global-seller-performance.html

As an eBay seller, providing excellent customer service should be your top priority. You're expected to:

Charge reasonable shipping and handling costs.
Specify shipping costs and handling time in the listing.
Follow through on your return policy.
Respond to buyers' questions promptly.
Be helpful, friendly, and professional throughout a transaction.
Make sure the item is delivered to the buyer as described in the listing.

If they describe an item one way, that is they you should deliver.

Also, it is not professional to tell some of their buyers they don't have the item they sold, ask them to take something else, and then sell more of that item they "don't have" to someone else later on.

"Real nice people" don't tell their earlier buyers they don't have something, then sell them to a later buyer.
Daily Driver: Poker II Backlit (Ducky Mini-fied) + Amazon o-rings. Future daily driver IBM AT Model F (restoring now). For fun: IBM SSK 1397681 (NIB), IBM SSK 1391472, IBM Industrial 101 Square label 1388032, IBM Industrial 101 Black label 1394946, IBM 1391401 (bolt-modding now), IBM 1370477, IBM 42H1292 (USA), IBM 52G9700 IBM, and more....
More
Ducky Shine w/Blues + WASD o-rings, Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/Browns + ebay o-rings, Rosewill RK-9100 w/Blues, Apple Wireless (slim), Apple Wireless White A1016, Apple Extended II ADB. Next? HHKB2Pro?