Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 - OPENING GIFTS!  (Read 533344 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Christmas Secret Santa Round 3
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 17:31:42 »
Time to write a python script to stalk my person and generate gift ideas for me. Muahaha...  #technologyrocks

I may have to talk to you about a script to help make next year's assignments easier.  I found a site that worked this year, but it would be easier to have a script that could read a spreadsheet and yes/no or numeric codes and make assignments from that.  All you'd need to be able to distinguish is country (or number for country) and willingness to ship internationally, ship within the same country, or ship within the same continent, then create rules based on that for who can ship to who.  If it got really fancy, it could even automatically send assignments to e-mail addresses with values from the address and about me fields so that it's a surprise to everyone involved.

Why haven't I learned how to code yet?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 17:37:57 »
Time to write a python script to stalk my person and generate gift ideas for me. Muahaha...  #technologyrocks

I may have to talk to you about a script to help make next year's assignments easier.  I found a site that worked this year, but it would be easier to have a script that could read a spreadsheet and yes/no or numeric codes and make assignments from that.  All you'd need to be able to distinguish is country (or number for country) and willingness to ship internationally, ship within the same country, or ship within the same continent, then create rules based on that for who can ship to who.  If it got really fancy, it could even automatically send assignments to e-mail addresses with values from the address and about me fields so that it's a surprise to everyone involved.

Pfft, you could do that with a macro in VBA.  You might kill yourself writing it, but it could be done!  :))

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 17:38:29 »

Ya, I could probably do that. If it is in Google docs it will be easier because I have already worked with libraries for Google docs that can treat spreadsheets as databases and worksheets (tabs) in a spreadsheet as tables.  It works pretty well and makes for a pretty awesome data collection / manipulation framework. Especially with data being entered with Google forms.

Now that I think of it, I could probably build a pretty sick tool for running GBs with this mechanism as well. Not that I want to take on any GBs at this point because my time is pretty limited.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 17:38:43 »

Real LifeTM
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 17:40:02 »

Real LifeTM
Haha. I am lucky enough to have a real life that teaches me such things. :)

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 13:51:56 »
excited.....more stoked about be able to give then receive ;D
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 14:19:16 »
excited.....more stoked about be able to give then receive ;D

This is probably true for most people :P
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline bingesanta

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:00:23 »
I forgot to put secret santa on the box!  So, Binge, you're getting your secret santa package tommorow, sent you a PM  :P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:13:02 »
I forgot to put secret santa on the box!  So, Binge, you're getting your secret santa package tommorow, sent you a PM  :P

It might be better to hit me up in the future if anyone else has a problem.  I don't want anyone getting banned or warned for having a second account.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:41:18 »

It might be better to hit me up in the future if anyone else has a problem.  I don't want anyone getting banned or warned for having a second account.

lol.  I know who got Binge!!  :P

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:42:31 »
oh yeah

i still have to do this

how much time is left?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:46:21 »
lol.  I know who got Binge!!  :P

I do too!

oh yeah

i still have to do this

how much time is left?

If you're going to be forgetful, a week.  If you can remember, two weeks before Christmas (three weeks).

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 11:21:19 »
I was confused then about the bingesanta I was like binge is sending to him self O.o

Also just questioning would I be okay in uploading pictures of my santa things on the 23rd as I fly out for hols on the 24th and wouldn't be back until newyears just wanted to ask beforehand :)

Also now we play the waiting game on things that I want to send to arrive (Should be fast though :D) I actually really like mine as its all things they want but with a slight geekish twist on it ^_^
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 11:25:03 »
I knew bingesanta was real...  :eek:

#alwaysbelieved
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 12:04:14 »
Also just questioning would I be okay in uploading pictures of my santa things on the 23rd as I fly out for hols on the 24th and wouldn't be back until newyears just wanted to ask beforehand :)

Yeah, that's fine.  And if you're Jewish, feel free to do it during Hannukah.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 17:22:45 »

Yeah, that's fine.  And if you're Jewish, feel free to do it during Hannukah.

And if my Santa is Jewish, feel free to send me 7 packages  :p
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 19:59:57 »
I knew bingesanta was real...  :eek:

#alwaysbelieved

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 20:12:59 »
Just remember to input your tracking info into the form in the OP when you do ship.  That way I can confirm that packages have been sent and that they have arrived.

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 02:42:51 »
Will be sending mine out mid next week. Can't wait for my person to receive it.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 00:33:57 »
'mailed my gift to my Secret Santa giftee! Woohoo!

P.S. I filled up the tracking form in the OP too.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 00:50:15 »
Just ordered part of my Hush Hush Hanukkah's gift. It's pretty good, I think they will get a nice kick out of it  :cool:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 07:03:57 »
My country's shipping service sucks major ass and I almost had to pay 60 GBP for shipping holy ****.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 November 2014, 02:51:54 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 01:22:52 »
Just ordered part of my Hush Hush Hanukkah's gift. It's pretty good, I think they will get a nice kick out of it  :cool:

Tabasco sauce?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 17:38:23 »
Only four in the Santa Tracker from the OP.  If you haven't put tracking info in yet, please do so. And if you could confirm the package arrived in the thread, I know some people would appreciate it.

So far I have tracking info for the following people:

Binge
elton5354
Noko
Samwisekoi

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 18:42:45 »
Missed this thread earlier. Next year I hope to participate, looks like a lot of fun!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 23:51:59 »
My gift should be on its way to its recipient! They are one lucky guy or girl  :p (not to toot my own gift giving horn or anything).

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 00:15:56 »
Shoot, I forgot to ship mine out before Thanksgiving Break. I'll get it out when I get back.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 01:05:04 »
I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, but i think it would be better to not mention if you've shipped yours or not (at least this early).

If 3 or whatever people have shipped theirs out and we know who has, the people who receive a package soon will know who might have sent them the package.

Again, not a big deal, just thought id throw that out there.  :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 03:24:18 »
I was looking at tracking and realized that by the time my secret santa receives their gift it will have traveled nearly 11,500 mi or 18,500 km  :p

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 09:57:03 »
I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, but i think it would be better to not mention if you've shipped yours or not (at least this early).

If 3 or whatever people have shipped theirs out and we know who has, the people who receive a package soon will know who might have sent them the package.

Again, not a big deal, just thought id throw that out there.  :p
Actually yeah that makes sense.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:05:10 »
I was looking at tracking and realized that by the time my secret santa receives their gift it will have traveled nearly 11,500 mi or 18,500 km  :p

:o! Maybe I'm at 18.500 km from you. That's a big coincidence!

My package will travel 13,700 km :). I'll ship tomorrow. #MandolinCaps.
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 00:24:12 »
Aww, I forgot to sign up for this! Hope everyone has a great time

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 14:02:23 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 18:09:18 »
$4!7 I missed this again!

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 19:13:39 »
Waffle key caps.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 00:42:55 »
You should have tracking from me as well now Nubs, wanted to get it in the mail early because it has to go a long way :)

All warm and fuzzy now, its very rare for me to participate in Christmas gift giving because all my family are Jehovah's.... I'm not in case you're wondering.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 03:00:30 »
Prepared my package today. It'll be going out tomorrow.  :thumb:
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 14:31:38 »
I expect a flurry of tracking info to get entered in the next couple days.  Mine is in...

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 14:45:16 »
Wow mine came already :O
It's got a lot of Britishness, like a sticker with the Queen's head on it, so I think I've figured out who sent it :)
Thank you!  Now to wait a whole month!
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 14:58:33 »
Wow mine came already :O
It's got a lot of Britishness, like a sticker with the Queen's head on it, so I think I've figured out who sent it :)
Thank you!  Now to wait a whole month!

Thanks for posting that it got there to you.  Can't wait to see the pictures when it gets closer.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 15:16:19 »
Submitting my tracking!

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 10:45:01 »
was able to get a good deal on Black Friday for the person i got for secret santa

will be shipping out with tracking here shortly.........

ho-ho-hooooooooooo
More

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 13:10:51 »
tracking submitted
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #243 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 13:27:17 »
Will be adding tracking soon!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #244 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 08:02:30 »
I expect to start seeing some pictures of arrived packages soon.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 08:07:03 »
Working on the last few things for my santa. Should be shipping this week.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #246 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 12:31:53 »
Should be shipping this week as well.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #247 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 12:49:39 »
Me too! :D
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #248 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 16:35:57 »
Tracking is in. Can't wait for my person to receive it!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 16:50:08 »
my order should arrive on tuesday, will package it together and ship it this week also.

my person was really vague so i did the best i could.

ppl, please, be more specific with your submissions ffs.

though i probably did the same, don't remember.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.