Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 863462 times)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #4050 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 01:45:53 »
Some of the older shooters like COD 4/WAW MP, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefied 4 and Bioshock 1. Also been playing some campaigns on Total War Fall of the Samurai and Medieval II. Didn't really pick up much games during the Steam sale so I've just been playing some older titles like these ones.
Nah me neither the Steam sales aren't what they used to be.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #4051 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 16:38:21 »
I bought CS: GO. I used play CS pretty heavily for a couple of years starting out with Beta 7. At that point I got sick to death of the maps and I'd had enough of it.

Surprised that I'm enjoying it so much this time around. All the new maps seem less sniper focussed and I'm not stuck playing Dust and Dust2 ad nauseum. I'm also doing pretty well lasting into rounds and getting kills. Either I'm better than I remember or the ranking system works really well and not sticking me on servers where I just get pwned all day.

I'd forgotten how bloody satisfying the gunplay is. Popping a few people in a row with the AWP is glorious.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #4053 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 04:10:36 »
Currently into PUBG pretty deep. It's been fun playing with folks from the mech community! Other than that I played a little Lethis: Path of Progress and have been enjoying it. It's very similar to older sim city games and is super enjoyable.
I'm looking for duo/squad partners.
A few of us on the discord group up if you want to hit us up there!
Oh, what's the discord? I'm only on Slack :p
pls gief bbv2

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #4054 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 07:24:50 »
Currently into PUBG pretty deep. It's been fun playing with folks from the mech community! Other than that I played a little Lethis: Path of Progress and have been enjoying it. It's very similar to older sim city games and is super enjoyable.
I'm looking for duo/squad partners.
A few of us on the discord group up if you want to hit us up there!
Oh, what's the discord? I'm only on Slack
The discord was created for r/mk. The info on joining is in the sidebar.

« Reply #4055 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 11:19:49 »
Civilization VI and a ROM of Populous for Sega Genesis. I'm also working on getting a Minecraft server up and running for my cousins and their friends.

My wife is playing 7 Days to Die currently and is able to throw something 'cause her concrete fort we spent hours on is getting destroyed.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4056 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 04:33:34 »
Civilization VI and a ROM of Populous for Sega Genesis. I'm also working on getting a Minecraft server up and running for my cousins and their friends.

My wife is playing 7 Days to Die currently and is able to throw something 'cause her concrete fort we spent hours on is getting destroyed.
I had a Minecraft server running for a couple of my friends and family.
It's really fun to learn to set up. I had to set up a VM from the console for it, was immensely fun to do.
I need a new project, my server's being seriously underutilized right now.

Offline fleischverpackung

« Reply #4057 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 12:26:09 »
Everything.
literally

Offline monkeysontoast

• Editor, dork, human - powered by pizza & nostalgia
« Reply #4058 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 01:20:59 »
I play Heroes of the Storm and Dead by Daylight pretty much exclusively. Played Overwatch almost every day for many months, but am completely over it now. I don't get bored of HOTS or DbD.

Every once in a while, I'll play a few hours of Don't Starve Together with friends, or we'll play through a campaign on L4D, which is still one of my favorite games.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4059 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 12:13:34 »
Been playing a lot of Path of Exile lately. Anyone else play?

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #4060 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:06:54 »
I've been looking at Minecraft mod packs. Thinking of trying that game again.
pls gief bbv2

Offline os

• trash site, don't come here
« Reply #4061 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:17:42 »
Started playing Battlerite a while ago, absolutely love it!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4062 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 19:48:39 »
I got The Witness when it was on special recently and been playing it.

Surprisingly good - I wasn't sure I'd enjoy the puzzles as much as I am.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #4063 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 20:59:13 »
Paragon got murdered, so I'm playing Overwatch for now...
I'm waiting for a good action MMORPG to come up that isn't cancer... Black Desert Online is P2W and Tera is cancer and there's just nothing without major flaws out there :'(
I need something as good as OG Wizard101 but keeps me engaged to be released. Hopefully 2018 is a good year for games

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4064 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 21:03:27 »
I'm waiting for a good action MMORPG to come up that isn't cancer... Black Desert Online is P2W and Tera is cancer and there's just nothing without major flaws out there :'(
I need something as good as OG Wizard101 but keeps me engaged to be released. Hopefully 2018 is a good year for games

why is tera cancer,  I hurd it was good ?

Offline Coreda

« Reply #4065 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 21:18:13 »
I couldn't finish the first Hotline Miami. Something about the inter-mission visual effects and movement gave me headaches.

Edit: dammit gh, took me to some older unread post initially...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4066 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 21:24:38 »
I couldn't finish the first Hotline Miami. Something about the inter-mission visual effects and movement gave me headaches.

Edit: dammit gh, took me to some older unread post initially...

//Pwned by Gekhak

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #4067 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 21:27:19 »

Gender-locked and race-locked classes. You have to be a loli or elf girl or some other specific trope character if you want to play certain classes, and that ticks me off big time. Don't get me wrong, Tera's combat system is probably great, but when I install a game and see that almost all of the AD carry and mage classes are locked to lolis and catgirls... You get the point. It's cancer.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4068 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 12:32:37 »

Gender-locked and race-locked classes. You have to be a loli or elf girl or some other specific trope character if you want to play certain classes, and that ticks me off big time. Don't get me wrong, Tera's combat system is probably great, but when I install a game and see that almost all of the AD carry and mage classes are locked to lolis and catgirls... You get the point. It's cancer.

So, you're saying the lolis and catgirls are the pivotal reasons as to why the game is cancer.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #4069 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 14:05:58 »

So, you're saying the lolis and catgirls are the pivotal reasons as to why the game is cancer.

I'm fine if they're npcs or player options. I am not when I am required to play as one.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4070 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 16:38:48 »

I'm fine if they're npcs or player options. I am not when I am required to play as one.

You are anti lolis/catgirl   because you believe that it ____ is indicative of behavioral sink in modern society __ ??

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #4071 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 16:42:50 »

You are anti lolis/catgirl   because you believe that it ____ is indicative of behavioral sink in modern society __ ??

If you say so...?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4072 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 17:04:36 »

If you say so...?

I would totally fire up Tera and rekt havoc with my oldskool gunner if I had a legit keyboard with F row (my mistake :( ).

My twocents: the Elins are sorta creepy. Although they do fight for veggies, trees, other natural whatchamacallits, and whatnot so I guess they are alright.

It was always nice to get matched to atleast one or two Elin Reapers per dungeon I can say this much. Holy moly, reapers would murder everything in sight.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4073 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 15:24:42 »
Still been playing lot's of Heat Signature. Fun to just jump on and do a couple missions inbetween work or whatever, got some interesting story paths opened up.

For anyone interested - Heat Signature is kinda like a cross between Hotline Miami and FTL, where you select from a group of revolving characters and carry out various missions like assassinations, captures, or stealing important items. You zip around space in your pod, latching onto larger ships which act as the levels/missions. The options and ways to take out enemies are varied from just slicing or shooting them, to blowing out an airlock and clearing a room or switching places after they fire their gun so they wind up shooting themselves :)) As you play your characters will get killed, captured, or retire - at which point another character can come in with he personal mission to save or seek vengance, thus creating a player-created flow to the characters and motives.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4074 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 16:29:04 »
Still been playing lot's of Heat Signature. Fun to just jump on and do a couple missions inbetween work or whatever, got some interesting story paths opened up.

For anyone interested - Heat Signature is kinda like a cross between Hotline Miami and FTL, where you select from a group of revolving characters and carry out various missions like assassinations, captures, or stealing important items. You zip around space in your pod, latching onto larger ships which act as the levels/missions. The options and ways to take out enemies are varied from just slicing or shooting them, to blowing out an airlock and clearing a room or switching places after they fire their gun so they wind up shooting themselves :)) As you play your characters will get killed, captured, or retire - at which point another character can come in with he personal mission to save or seek vengance, thus creating a player-created flow to the characters and motives.

Looks like a super cool game..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4075 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 00:08:22 »
Demon Souls servers on PSN are shutting down this Wednesday, so I've been revisiting Boletaria.

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #4076 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:11:18 »
Gonna have to bring this up but FORTNITE is addicting as hell. Was frustrating to play on Squads, but once you jump to SOLO and start landing in areas with 3-5 guys? It's fun AF! <3

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #4077 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:56:25 »
Gonna have to bring this up but FORTNITE is addicting as hell. Was frustrating to play on Squads, but once you jump to SOLO and start landing in areas with 3-5 guys? It's fun AF! <3
Epic games is gonna kill fortnite like it did paragon once the br fad blows over

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4078 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:13:52 »
I finally picked up Overwatch. Playing tanks and healers mostly with some Bastion thrown in there too. Trying to get better at Mercy/Ana/Zarya/DVA and i've got a few people I play with on Discord. I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Also bought it in the sale, so only paid like £17 for it.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline adamchevy

• You can grow ideas in the garden of your mind.
« Reply #4079 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:14:19 »
 Play Wow on off since 2006. I play Starcraft 2 weekly. I play many emulators, mainly just Nes for Little Samson. I play counter strike about twice a month. I play Quake 3 arena whenever I need a quick killing spree.

Offline kgolden

« Reply #4080 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:23:59 »
Dark Souls 3 but just finished the storyline. Maybe go back and run through skyrim again unless I find a similar game.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4081 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:22:01 »
Dark Souls 3 but just finished the storyline. Maybe go back and run through skyrim again unless I find a similar game.

Ni-Oh was pretty good.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #4082 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:48:14 »

Hollow Knight is really, really good but it is a platformer. It doesn't really feel like one though; there's a lot of complexity and fluidity in the gameplay that makes you forget the lack of a third dimension. I think it's one of the best games I've played so far. And the atmosphere is absolutely amazing too, it feels and sounds like you are with the hollow knight throughout the game. it's 20 bucks for about 60 hours of gameplay so it is definitely worth your money too

Offline adamchevy

• You can grow ideas in the garden of your mind.
« Reply #4083 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 00:50:20 »

Hollow Knight is really, really good but it is a platformer. It doesn't really feel like one though; there's a lot of complexity and fluidity in the gameplay that makes you forget the lack of a third dimension. I think it's one of the best games I've played so far. And the atmosphere is absolutely amazing too, it feels and sounds like you are with the hollow knight throughout the game. it's 20 bucks for about 60 hours of gameplay so it is definitely worth your money too

Sounds like my kind of game! Thanks for the info. I just finished Shovel Knight a few months back.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #4084 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 11:25:52 »
I've been playing the Witcher 2 whenever I have time which is basically never.  :p
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline kgolden

« Reply #4085 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 12:51:44 »

Ni-Oh was pretty good.

Sounds like my kind of game! Thanks for the info. I just finished Shovel Knight a few months back.

Sounds good, I'll check both those games out. Thanks!

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #4086 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 17:30:18 »
Best RTS I have ever played.
Show Image

YES. I picked it up at a bookfair in grade school such a long time ago and the amount of time I've put into that game since is definitely a little embarrassing.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #4087 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 08:27:48 »
Show Image

YES. I picked it up at a bookfair in grade school such a long time ago and the amount of time I've put into that game since is definitely a little embarrassing.

Haha if only I could get back all the time I put into Runescape over the years, I'd be able to retire a few years early.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4088 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:30:25 »
Show Image

Haha if only I could get back all the time I put into Runescape over the years, I'd be able to retire a few years early.

Diablo, diablo 2, starcraft, warcraft 3, ragnarok online, silk rode, MU, Space cowboy.

If only, If only !!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4089 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 18:03:19 »
I picked up Factorio today. Holy **** i'm bad at it but it's great to pass the time away. Gotta get seriously good, and if you're one for procedure and efficiency then you'll love it.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #4090 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 08:53:26 »
Rn it's LoL, Fortnite, Pubg, SoT, and every now and then I revisit Witcher.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4091 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 11:51:46 »
Playing my PS3 a whole ot lately, what a fantastic and endless library of games.

and Fox and Forests looks pretty good, coming to Steam and consoles

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4092 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:48:23 »
Playing my PS3 a whole ot lately, what a fantastic and endless library of games.

and Fox and Forests looks pretty good, coming to Steam and consoles

is there a modchip out to play backups..

i see alot of roms online.

Offline notflipperdan420

• dalla dalla
« Reply #4093 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:51:20 »
hearthstone, league, osu, overwatch
356L *2 | 356CL Gunmetal *3 | 356CL Black | 356.2 | 356CL DGE SE | 356mini v1 Military | 356mini v1 Black *2 | 356mini v1 Red *2 | 356mini v2 Red | 356N MK2 Silver *2 | 356N MK2 Red | 456GT Pink *3 | 356 Pad *2 | Brass Koala | Koala WK Black | FE Whale WKL | Whale v1 WKL Gunmetal | HHKB Type-S |  G80-5000HAMUS | G80-1838HPU NIB | G81-3000SAT NIB

Current Rotation: HeoK Dolch, HHKB Type-S, 456GT Pink

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4094 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 15:46:29 »
#patientgamers

Recently finished Limbo in a couple of nights. It was neat, but lost the impact by the end. In part because I played it without sound—the GNU/Linux port was just the Windows version bundled with Wine, and it required some messing with PulseAudio, which I was too lazy to do. I guess it'd get old really fast anyway, when repeating a puzzle a dozen times. I don't feel like I missed much apart from a bit of atmosphere; I used to listen to the OST in bed, while falling asleep.

I've also tried DEFCON (it was too easy against bots and I couldn't be bothered to look into multiplayer) and Uplink (should be nice, but I can't find the time and motivation to get into it). Next on the list is Bastion.

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #4095 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:00:38 »

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #4096 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 00:06:47 »
Currently, Bioshock Remastered, Bioshock 2 Remastered (on Hard), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Darksouls: Prepare to Die Edition. Will probably play some The Darkness II tomorrow.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4097 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 02:11:09 »
Currently, Bioshock Remastered, Bioshock 2 Remastered (on Hard), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Darksouls: Prepare to Die Edition. Will probably play some The Darkness II tomorrow.

i purchased bioshock remastered a long time back, but it kept crashing, so i put in for a refund..

Did they get most of the bugs out now.

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #4098 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 21:43:44 »
Bioshock 1 Remastered is mostly bug free. Most of the bugs were actually carry overs from the original version anyway. The only really prominent bug left only bothers you if you import an old save from another computer. Steam Cloud works fine though.

Bioshock 2 Remastered however can be a pain in the derriere. The biggest problem is you must run the game in DX9 mode, or it will crash every 5 minutes. You should also edit the config file so it uses at least 1GB of VRAM (default is 256MB, which isn't nearly enough). And then, you're still gonna get crashes in some flashy fights (which the game has a lot of due to you being a rogue Big Daddy who lets Little Sisters gather Adam--which draws enemies in like a lightning rod in a thunderstorm). So yeah, you have to save often.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4099 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 22:20:02 »
Just picked up Epistory (really lame name, I know) but it looks like a cool and creative typing game. Looking forward to testing boards out with this game.

holy crow, this game is pretty rad. it supports a multitude of layouts
AZERTY DVORAK Colemark Workman BEPO and more
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2018, 22:25:29 by noisyturtle »