Author Topic: Yet another student  (Read 1208 times)

Offline chroness

• HHKB Fanboy
Yet another student
« on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:31:57 »
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd say hi! I'm currently a first year CS student and have been lurking for a while. I build my first PC this summer and bought my first mech, a Das with blanks, to go with it. I instantly was addicting and started checking out some subreddits and geekhack! I'm always super tempted to upgrade but don't have the funds (quite yet) for another. Hopefully soon I'll be able to expand my collection or upgrade my daily board!

So hi!
Cup is love, Cup is life

Offline Thumper_

• Spend all my money.
Re: Yet another student
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:38:32 »
Welcome

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:24:23 »
Welcome!

What switches are in your Das? My very first mech had MX Blues :)

Offline chroness

• HHKB Fanboy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:38:43 »
Welcome!

What switches are in your Das? My very first mech had MX Blues :)

Hey there! It has browns. I'm living with a room mate so I was looking out for him while I embark on my late night coding sessions!
Cup is love, Cup is life

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:01:49 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you're not sure which keyboard you want next, that's a good thing.  Means you can start saving, a little at a time, so that when you do find a keyboard you really want you have funds available!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:20:02 »
Wellcome to GH brotha