Author Topic: WHAT'S UP  (Read 1571 times)

Offline happyturtlee

WHAT'S UP
« on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:44:49 »
Not really the type to post online very often, but I want to be more involved! I really like artisans and I'm just starting to expand my collection. Admittedly I would probably still be lurking if there were no post restrictions for classifieds or brocaps but instead of being a hater, I'll just take the opportunity to be more vocal.

I'm still fairly new to mechanical keyboards, but a couple of my close friends got me into this hobby earlier this year. It's been exciting waiting for stuff to come through the mail and chatting about whatever keyboard thing we're interested in.

Currently typing on a Poker II with GMK Hyperfuse, Pexon aluminum case, neon turquoise Pexon braided cable, and War of Betrayal Aqua artisan keycap!

Shoutout to maxpegasus, lishi, and psykick for being my bros and helping me out.

114906-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:17:45 by happyturtlee »

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
Re: WHAT'S UP
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:49:07 »
Welcome! Love the look of the WOB aqua with the hyperfuse! What switches are on your pokerII?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:58:17 »
Damn dude, nice keyboard! I just ordered Hyperfuse and it's going on my Pok3r so you've given me a great preview :P

Glad to see someone step up proactively to the recent restrictions instead of whining! Hope to see more of you around.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:11:33 »
Oops forgot to say they're MX cherry clears! And thanks! Hyperfuse looks even better than the pictures imo. I think you'll like it. :)

Offline Psykick

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:13:01 »
Welcome to GH! What happened to the CMYW mods?

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:14:14 »
Oops forgot to say they're MX cherry clears! And thanks! Hyperfuse looks even better than the pictures imo. I think you'll like it. :)

Clears all the way  :thumb:

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:15:03 »
You inspired me to finally make my own new member post... *salutes  ;)

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:23:57 »
But you ain't a new member. :| hahaha jk. I decided I liked everything to be uniform on my Poker II (plus I paid so much for Hyperfuse D:)

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 08:54:58 »
I saw your post in the "open letter to Bro" thread. It sounds like you get what this community is all about. Welcome to geekhack!

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 09:55:45 »
I saw your post in the "open letter to Bro" thread. It sounds like you get what this community is all about. Welcome to geekhack!

Thanks man!

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:39:36 »
I like your setup that is really clean looking.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 05:21:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Being involved in the community is what it's about, whether it's sharing pictures of your latest acquisition, or helping someone else with keyboard problems or a tricky construction dilemma.

And your Poker seems to tick all the boxes - where will you go from there i.e. which keyboard will you get next?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:55:45 »
I like your setup that is really clean looking.

Thanks! That's what I was going for haha.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Being involved in the community is what it's about, whether it's sharing pictures of your latest acquisition, or helping someone else with keyboard problems or a tricky construction dilemma.

And your Poker seems to tick all the boxes - where will you go from there i.e. which keyboard will you get next?

Aahh I have no idea! I've been slowly acquiring artisans to try and trade for a rarer cap. I really like the variety of art so I might buy a board solely to display artisans XD. It might also be fun to build my own so idk!

Offline ripwallet

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:34:31 »
drooling over that board beautiful, welcome to GH!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:53:39 »
Aahh I have no idea! I've been slowly acquiring artisans to try and trade for a rarer cap. I really like the variety of art so I might buy a board solely to display artisans XD. It might also be fun to build my own so idk!

That's a good idea!  Rare caps do come up for sale or trade from time to time, so it's always a good idea to be prepared.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:53:45 »
hello, welcome to geekhack
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.