Author Topic: Greetings, Enthusiasts!  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Kazekumiho

Greetings, Enthusiasts!
« on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:49:44 »
Hey GH!

I joined a few weeks ago, but haven't said much. Nice to meet you all! (PS, does anyone know if it is possible to sort posts by post date instead of most recent comment? Thanks!)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greetings, Enthusiasts!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:33:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What keyboard/s have you got?  Or are planning to get?

You can click the column headings to sort the posts, but as the thread start date (if that is what you want) does not appear, I guess you can't sort by that.

But some threads were started several years ago, and people still regular post there, whereas some newer threads might have one or two replies, and that's it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:39:56 »
Wellcome to GH brother what keyboard did you get and what switch you get?

Offline Kazekumiho

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 10:54:10 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You can click the column headings to sort the posts, but as the thread start date (if that is what you want) does not appear, I guess you can't sort by that.

But some threads were started several years ago, and people still regular post there, whereas some newer threads might have one or two replies, and that's it.

Hey, a response, awesome!

I've got a Keytronic KT800 (rubber dome - I actually like it quite a lot), just sold a Corsair K95 with MX reds, a Cherry G84-4100ML (my unpopular opinion is that I like ML switches), and a Unicomp Model M-122. My next board is kind of on its way - I got into the WKL group buy, so I'll be building a B.Face RGB with the diffuser case - Zealio 65g or 67g switches!

Oh well, I guess I'll have to bear with it! I kind of hate not being able to see threads based on when they were posted, instead of last commented on, but I can make do. Thanks for your comment!

Offline Kazekumiho

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 10:55:00 »

Hey, thanks for your response! My latest board will be a Winkeyless RGB-diffused B.Face 60% with 65g or 67g Zealios!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:22:37 »

Hey, thanks for your response! My latest board will be a Winkeyless RGB-diffused B.Face 60% with 65g or 67g Zealios!

Damn that's a nice build! Please be sure to share some pictures :)

And welcome to GH!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Kazekumiho

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 20:57:22 »

Damn that's a nice build! Please be sure to share some pictures :)

And welcome to GH!

I know, right? I'm really looking forwards to it (my wallet isn't). I'll share pictures when it's done, still ordering parts - can't choose between the Zealio weights so I might go with 67g alphas and 65g modifiers!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:23:46 »
Welcome! I'm fairly new as well here!

That's a damn nice build you got there!!

Offline Kazekumiho

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 01:51:42 »

Then welcome to you as well!

Well, it isn't built yet, but I'm super excited and lucky that I got into the WKL 15% off group buy. I'll definitely post pics when it's done, for now I'm absolutely relishing every keypress on this BS board - I love the click, response, springy sound, thock....Everything!

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 01:58:58 »

Well, it isn't built yet, but I'm super excited and lucky that I got into the WKL 15% off group buy. I'll definitely post pics when it's done, for now I'm absolutely relishing every keypress on this BS board - I love the click, response, springy sound, thock....Everything!
Hey thanks!!

Oh ok! Well yeah, when it's done, I'd love to see some photos of that beast!!

That sounds fantastic. I've never typed on one before!

Offline Kazekumiho

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:08:42 »

Hey thanks!!

Oh ok! Well yeah, when it's done, I'd love to see some photos of that beast!!

That sounds fantastic. I've never typed on one before!

I got mine in great condition (dirty, but undamaged) for $37 shipped! If you ever get the opportunity to pick one up cheap and you have strong hands (I'm an ex-musician), then give one a shot, they're great!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:49:18 »
welcome to gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:44:46 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I've got a Keytronic KT800 (rubber dome - I actually like it quite a lot), just sold a Corsair K95 with MX reds, a Cherry G84-4100ML (my unpopular opinion is that I like ML switches), and a Unicomp Model M-122. My next board is kind of on its way - I got into the WKL group buy, so I'll be building a B.Face RGB with the diffuser case - Zealio 65g or 67g switches!

Oh well, I guess I'll have to bear with it! I kind of hate not being able to see threads based on when they were posted, instead of last commented on, but I can make do. Thanks for your comment!

Nice variety :)

The biggest omission is a Topre keyboard though :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Kazekumiho

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 23:24:22 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Indeed! I'm going for the "thock" anyways, by putting the thickest PBT caps I can find on the B.Face. A topre will probably be my next board after my B.Face, providing my wallet allows. I just wanted a single nice MX board, since I sold my old K95 and only have ML's, a BS, and a rubberdome right now. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 23:51:23 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Indeed! I'm going for the "thock" anyways, by putting the thickest PBT caps I can find on the B.Face. A topre will probably be my next board after my B.Face, providing my wallet allows. I just wanted a single nice MX board, since I sold my old K95 and only have ML's, a BS, and a rubberdome right now. :)

Thick PBT are nice, although most PBT are fairly sturdy even when they are not that thick.

Also consider SA profile keycaps - they are ABS but there's a heck of a lot of plastic there!

Offline Kazekumiho

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 04:34:44 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thick PBT are nice, although most PBT are fairly sturdy even when they are not that thick.

Also consider SA profile keycaps - they are ABS but there's a heck of a lot of plastic there!

Thanks for the advice! As it turns out, I just placed an order for Shadovved's Ghost White Gateron PBT caps (Cherry profile?), but I'll have to check out SA caps sometime!