Author Topic: Hello geekhack members  (Read 842 times)

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
Hello geekhack members
« on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:14:47 »
Hello,
I am RoastPotatoes and I don't think I ever made an introduction post.
My interest in keyboards started on reddit and now it spans as many places as possible. This lead me to get a couple of keyboards, make keycaps and even start my own blog.
I like my blog as it is me trying to do something that is both enjoyable for me and people find useful. So far I have achieved this a little bit. I have even made money from this endeavour (currently 52p). In the future I hope to expand and improve it, but this can be a hard goal to achieve. I have written some things I like and other things I don't like quite as much. But I am happy where it has lead me.

I think this place is interesting and I like browsing and contributing where possible. If my comments come off un-enthusiastic that's rarely the intention. I just have the uncanny ability to write very flat sometimes. Generally I'm pretty stoked about keyboard things.

Thank you everybody.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Hello geekhack members
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:44:43 »
I've actually read a few of your blog posts since starting myself! Your name sounded familiar and now I know why.

Welcome! Looking forward to more content.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:13:47 »
I enjoy looking at your blog from time to time, hopefully there is plenty more to come from you! You do some awesome work!  :D

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:58:46 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:42:47 »
A belated welcome to Geekhack!

:D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:53:30 »
wlcm2gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.