Author Topic: Hi people! Newbie's here  (Read 1020 times)

Offline 5forfannie

Hi people! Newbie's here
« on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 18:54:15 »
My Chinese geek friend introduced me to GH, awww, it's like opening the door of a brand-new world!

anyway, I plan to import some aluminum case for 87 keyboard from my friend, he seems to know people work in the factory(?) in China. I wanna know if anyone else will say yes to my plan. For now just the case. I will see if he can get some interesting caps later ;)

and my name is Fann!
*Sorry if my english sounds cheesy..that is "standard english" that I have been taught lol

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Hi people! Newbie's here
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:12:36 »
Welcome Fann! I'm interested to see what comes out of the factory =O 

Your English is great! Hope to see you around GeekHack.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:39:24 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It is amazing how much there is to keyboards that you don't realise until you open the door.

As for importing cases, sounds like you might need to open an interest check thread to gauge interest.  It would be great if you could advise which PCBs will fit in the case, as not every TKL keyboard has the same physical layout.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:53:17 »
wlcm2gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.