Author Topic: Hello World!!  (Read 997 times)

Offline di3gopa

Hello World!!
« on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:00:58 »
Hi everyone!

As others new members I've been lurking here for a long time. I have got a lot of info from this community so it time for me to be part of it.

A little about me:
I am a software developer from Panama (Central America) so as my job requires i need to do a lot of typing. My first keyboard mech keyboard was a Das keyboard with blue switches, i loved the feel of it (except for the crappy keycaps) but it was to noisy for my coworkers so i changed it for a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with brown switches, i HATED it, i don't know why but i can't stand those brown switches, i hated them so much that i went back to an apple wireless keyboard. Now i have a private office so i am back into blue stuff! So i ordered a Poker 3, am loving the 60% layout, having the mouse much closer and being able to use the arrow keys without moving my fingers its great!

So looking forward to participate on this form and making cool mods to my keyboard :D
Happy owner of a POK3R

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Hello World!!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:07:49 »
Welcome! And 100% agree, browns are terrible but blues are great!

Be careful with your wallet around here now :D

Offline di3gopa

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:09:11 »
Welcome! And 100% agree, browns are terrible but blues are great!

Be careful with your wallet around here now :D

Haha thanks, i will!! :D
Happy owner of a POK3R

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:37:14 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You have discovered one reason to collect keyboards - to have a keyboard for every occasion :)

I like my buckling spring keyboards, but switch to something q bit quieter when everyone else is trying to sleep.

Switch to something - that was a pun and I didn't even intend it :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ