Author Topic: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped  (Read 319946 times)

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
Re: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 1st Batch Shipped
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 04:17:02 »
Now with those CAD dimensions, someone go make brass versions of the acrylic inserts.  ;D

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #551 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 05:07:58 »
Ok so the boards Ponoko offers are really big for the size parts we need... I was able to fit 7 sets of diffusers on a single sheet!  At Ponoko you pay per sheet size, not per cut so it doesn't make sense to get a single set cut out from this huge piece of acrylic.  It cost $48 (w/shipping) for the sheet (yikes).

Anyone who needs a set of these just PM me and pay for shipping, a $5 contribution towards cost and I'll send you a set!  Also below is a link to the sheet if you want some obscure material (wood, black out acrylic, a different tint etc.).  The sheet size selected is the absolute smallest that would accommodate the front-side diffuser.  Also, the set I ordered is materials>plastic>acrylic>opal.  The thickness required is .118" or 3mm.

On the Zeal Stabs issue:  Can someone send me a pic of exactly what is happening?  Size, location of the stab causing issues on the diffuser etc.  I think I have some around here somewhere (yeah, I'm being lazy).  Maybe I can mod the drawings to accommodate the stabs and then you guys can just order a new custom set! No need to melt the diffusers lol.

Link to EPS files on the Ponko Store (free Public Domain use)
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 March 2017, 05:10:40 by onmybikedrunk »

Offline gaiden

« Reply #552 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 07:22:06 »
Ok so the boards Ponoko offers are really big for the size parts we need... I was able to fit 7 sets of diffusers on a single sheet!  At Ponoko you pay per sheet size, not per cut so it doesn't make sense to get a single set cut out from this huge piece of acrylic.  It cost $48 (w/shipping) for the sheet (yikes).

Anyone who needs a set of these just PM me and pay for shipping, a $5 contribution towards cost and I'll send you a set!  Also below is a link to the sheet if you want some obscure material (wood, black out acrylic, a different tint etc.).  The sheet size selected is the absolute smallest that would accommodate the front-side diffuser.  Also, the set I ordered is materials>plastic>acrylic>opal.  The thickness required is .118" or 3mm.

On the Zeal Stabs issue:  Can someone send me a pic of exactly what is happening?  Size, location of the stab causing issues on the diffuser etc.  I think I have some around here somewhere (yeah, I'm being lazy).  Maybe I can mod the drawings to accommodate the stabs and then you guys can just order a new custom set! No need to melt the diffusers lol.

Wow what a cool dude thanks for doing this!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #553 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 07:28:41 »
I'm kinda annoyed by the fact that I cannot use Zeal's screw on stabs... At least not w/o having to tape the contact points on the PCB and modifying the acrylic spacer.

If anyone figures out the best way to get them in w/o also breaking their diffuser please post about it!
Same here waiting for a solution, we could ask either zeal or elton to figure our a way to solve this problem

As said above you could probably sand the diffuser but you would need to be very careful as acrylic is very prone to cracking when too much force is applied incorrectly

Perhaps we can use a soldering iron and just melt a hole in it... :eek:
Wish I had thought of that before I built my keyboard. I just used a PCB mount housing with Zeal stab stem and wire.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #554 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 07:29:31 »
Well I have good news for anyone that wants/needs replacement light diffusers.  Duck was gracious enough to email me the CAD drawings.  He is such an awesome dude! I should have them uploaded to Ponoko shortly.  Please stay tuned.  If you're interested in the type of materials Ponoko offers that you could use for replacements see here.
Awesome!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #555 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 08:50:09 »

I'm interested in a set if you can create a diffuser that can accommodate Zeal's stabs. Thanks!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #556 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 10:21:31 »

I'm interested in a set :)

Offline inosint

« Reply #557 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 11:05:35 »
Also very interested

Offline elton5354

« Reply #558 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 11:08:08 »
Just got my package today.

Is the stainless steel plate supposed to look so....stained?

Will post pics in a bit.

All SS plates have the burn mark on the backside of the plate.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

Re: Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy
« Reply #559 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:26:09 »
oops replied to an earlier comment by mistake. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 March 2017, 18:15:34 by iNViSiBiLiTi »

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #560 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:34:20 »
Hey everyone! I have heard that Duck keyboard can be a pain in the ass to program, ranging from errors in O2D and bricking PCBs.  It seems that O2D 1.10 is a lot more stable.  I managed to flash my keyboard on the first try, so here's a write I did for the keyboard.  I did not play around with the LEDs at the moment as they are turned off. 

Happy Clacking! 

Google Doc contains dropbox link to O2D 1.10 (1.9 too) + DFU. 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IyxQTLqywC7n6XMzA9XHXpq0QjWpg2HzuENi08qlpPY/edit?usp=sharing

If someone could teach me how to play with the RGB leds I can add it to the doc! 
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:40:20 by iNViSiBiLiTi »

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:03:13 »
All extra diffusers I had made are spoken for.

List as follows:
  • Finalarcadia - 2 pcs
  • smittysteve - 2 pcs
  • aaron6301 - 1 pc
  • inosint - 1 pc
But as I mentioned, the files are linked up here and ready to be cut if someone else needs them.  The design was just approved by Ponoko.  It's also a store model so it's just a couple of clicks... easy peasy.  I'm pretty sure I even have the acrylic material linked.  I'll send out invoices in the next week.  They're expected to be delivered in 10 days.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #562 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:51:42 »
Can someone upload their viper .hex file? Having some trouble with o2d producing a working .hex

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #563 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:53:02 »
Rename the file... I got hung up here once too.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #564 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 17:58:55 »
Can someone upload their viper .hex file? Having some trouble with o2d producing a working .hex

You using 1.10? If you've got a layout I could generate it and PM you. 

Offline elton5354

« Reply #565 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 18:40:07 »

List as follows:
  • Finalarcadia - 2 pcs
  • smittysteve - 2 pcs
  • aaron6301 - 1 pc
  • inosint - 1 pc
But as I mentioned, the files are linked up here and ready to be cut if someone else needs them.  The design was just approved by Ponoko.  It's also a store model so it's just a couple of clicks... easy peasy.  I'm pretty sure I even have the acrylic material linked.  I'll send out invoices in the next week.  They're expected to be delivered in 10 days.

Are you going to make one for me too :)? Considering you know ;)...

Would be great if you could make one with the Zeal stab compatibility.

Offline Shados

« Reply #566 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 18:48:53 »

List as follows:
  • Finalarcadia - 2 pcs
  • smittysteve - 2 pcs
  • aaron6301 - 1 pc
  • inosint - 1 pc

I'd also definitely be interested if you can modify the design for Zeal stabilizer compatibility.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #567 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 19:05:10 »

List as follows:
  • Finalarcadia - 2 pcs
  • smittysteve - 2 pcs
  • aaron6301 - 1 pc
  • inosint - 1 pc

I'd also definitely be interested if you can modify the design for Zeal stabilizer compatibility.
A bit late to party but in for 2 sets, with screwed down stabs if you are making more. I assume zeal screwed down stabs = gmk screwed down stabs..

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #568 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 19:31:11 »

List as follows:
  • Finalarcadia - 2 pcs
  • smittysteve - 2 pcs
  • aaron6301 - 1 pc
  • inosint - 1 pc

Yeah if you can make them for Zeal Stab compatibility I would be in for one or two

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #569 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 20:07:51 »
Definitely in for zeal stab compatibility. So this probably means I'll use zeal stabs for now and just not put in the bottom acrylic. Really hope this works out since I am so done with non-screw in stabs.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #570 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 21:34:56 »
Still waiting for a link to the software :( :( :(

Offline Unforgivable

Re: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 1st Batch Packing
« Reply #571 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 21:41:48 »
Just finished my build, quick photatoes:

Show Image

Show Image

Sheesh, it looks better than I thought it would. I'm really hoping a round 3 happens in the future since I doubt I'll be able to pick one up. Props on the beautiful build!

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #572 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 21:47:42 »
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #573 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 21:48:03 »

List as follows:
  • Finalarcadia - 2 pcs
  • smittysteve - 2 pcs
  • aaron6301 - 1 pc
  • inosint - 1 pc

Thanks for doing this onmybikedrunk. Very solid.

1) Happy to give one up for Elton if needed... also sounds like there's a lot more demand, especially if we can lick the Zeal stab issue between the lot of us. Mini-gb?

2) I'll get mine tomorrow and can take some measurements if needed. Not sure I 100% understand where the clearance on the Zeal stabs is problematic on the front spacer. I also found some very flat-headed screws today at work- hoping there might be an easy hardware swap fix since the Zeal stabs do have those lovely gold screws, but they have a significant head. If that perhaps fixes it, I'll send everyone who needs them screws.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #574 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 21:49:16 »

List as follows:
  • Finalarcadia - 2 pcs
  • smittysteve - 2 pcs
  • aaron6301 - 1 pc
  • inosint - 1 pc

1) Happy to give one up for Elton if needed... also sounds like there's a lot more demand, especially if we can lick the Zeal stab issue between the lot of us. Mini-gb?

2) I'll get mine tomorrow and can take some measurements if needed. Not sure I 100% understand where the clearance on the Zeal stabs is problematic on the front spacer. I also found some very flat-headed screws today at work- hoping there might be an easy hardware swap fix since the Zeal stabs do have those lovely gold screws, but they have a significant head. If that perhaps fixes it, I'll send everyone who needs them screws.

Please keep us updated! Either a screw fix or a acrylic fix would be awesome!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #576 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 23:31:40 »

List as follows:
  • Finalarcadia - 2 pcs
  • smittysteve - 2 pcs
  • aaron6301 - 1 pc
  • inosint - 1 pc

please keep us updated, thanks for your work

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #577 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 07:52:21 »
Ok so, I mostly completed my build (just gotta solder the SIPs and flash firmware) and put in Zeal stabs on it and found that while the screw heads are kinda big and pressed on the bottom acrylic, it seemed to fit fine if not a little tight once the whole case is screwed together. 

Dunno if it'll snap the acrylic but it didn't seem to put enough pressure to do so, but I guess I'll find out sooner or later. Pretty happy with getting to keep screw in stabs tho.

Will post pics of the board later.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 March 2017, 07:54:59 by renzpwns »

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #578 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 08:44:58 »
PSA: If you are using long legged sip sockets for LED's, the bottom acrylic diffuser will have clearance issues. You can make this work by utilizing a flush cutter and snipping off the extra length off the sip sockets.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:13:15 by aaron6301 »

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #579 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:16:21 »
Received and built my Eagle V2 yesterday. Packaging was on point and glad to say that everything arrived safely.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #580 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:45:17 »
Received and built my Eagle V2 yesterday. Packaging was on point and glad to say that everything arrived safely.

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful board, did u use zeal stabs to built your board?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #581 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 12:47:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

No, using some traditional snap ins. Clear stab housing with black sliders.

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #582 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 13:19:11 »
Ok wow, so more people need Zeal compatibility than I realized.  I'll stop being lazy now.  I have the board, the stabs, calipers and a brain -- no excuses.  I'll redraw the .eps files for Zeal Stab compatibility over the next 2 or so days.  One suggestion is to wait for the original diffuser sets I ordered to come in before placing an even larger order for the Zeal-diffusers... just to make sure the acrylic works well with light diffusion, the thickness is right and there aren't any other flaws with production.  Should only make the wait a few days longer and worth it IMO. I will have the new drawings ready to go way before the first "stock batch" comes in...  When we're ready we can expedite the second order.

As far as the electrical shorts caused by the screws... Is this only happening in a few select locations on the PCB?  Just looking at it I think I can see what's happening but just curious on other's experiences.  Is there pin-pointed trouble areas?  I was thinking that a painted-on electrical insulation might be ideal here. 
Are you going to make one for me too :) ? Considering you know ;) ...

Considering... you're king of group buy organization and a super nice guy? YES.  I'll PM you when I get the final product and send as many as you need.   :thumb:

SWEET!  Teamwork.  Let me know what you find out.  And no, thank YOU!  I have no idea what's causing the issue either, but I suppose we're about to find out!

Show Image

Show Image

Wow.  That looks great.  You know, it's been a long time since I added LED backlighting to a board that I've built.  This has inspired me.  Looks fantastic...

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:28:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

No, using some traditional snap ins. Clear stab housing with black sliders.

Hey, that's what I did too!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #584 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:29:42 »
Wow.  That looks great.  You know, it's been a long time since I added LED backlighting to a board that I've built.  This has inspired me.  Looks fantastic...

Thanks man! The bonus is that Duck's have many different LED presets available (if you didn't already know), which gives you plenty of options to choose from.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #585 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:45:02 »
Ok wow, so more people need Zeal compatibility than I realized.  I'll stop being lazy now.  I have the board, the stabs, calipers and a brain -- no excuses.  I'll redraw the .eps files for Zeal Stab compatibility over the next 2 or so days.  One suggestion is to wait for the original diffuser sets I ordered to come in before placing an even larger order for the Zeal-diffusers... just to make sure the acrylic works well with light diffusion, the thickness is right and there aren't any other flaws with production.  Should only make the wait a few days longer and worth it IMO. I will have the new drawings ready to go way before the first "stock batch" comes in...  When we're ready we can expedite the second order.

As far as the electrical shorts caused by the screws... Is this only happening in a few select locations on the PCB?  Just looking at it I think I can see what's happening but just curious on other's experiences.  Is there pin-pointed trouble areas?  I was thinking that a painted-on electrical insulation might be ideal here. 

So for the shorts, I was planning on using teflon tape for them but I look forward to the updated diffusers!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #586 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 15:01:42 »
try kapton tape. commonly used to separate two low voltage dc circuits, esp. on pcbs

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #587 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 15:49:36 »
aaron6301 that looks so sexy

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #588 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:04:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

hot damn

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher

Offline elton5354

« Reply #590 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 18:29:00 »

Are you going to make one for me too :) ? Considering you know ;) ...

Considering... you're king of group buy organization and a super nice guy? YES.  I'll PM you when I get the final product and send as many as you need.   :thumb:

SWEET!  Teamwork.  Let me know what you find out.  And no, thank YOU!  I have no idea what's causing the issue either, but I suppose we're about to find out!

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks buddy. You are that guy ;). Hahaha.

@Steve, thanks man!
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 March 2017, 18:31:27 by elton5354 »

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #591 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 19:15:38 »
HAHA

Offline raymogi

« Reply #592 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 19:21:15 »
I love my country's customs. The package got here in 2 days, but it has been sitting at the customs for 5 days and haven't moved at all :(
Please feed my addiction.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #593 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 19:37:39 »
From my experience programming the board last night it seems that the OTD software still has issues with mapping arrow keys to the board

Like my Viper V1 I had to end up mapping the numpad keys for arrows and leaving numlock on

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #594 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 12:49:29 »
From my experience programming the board last night it seems that the OTD software still has issues with mapping arrow keys to the board

Like my Viper V1 I had to end up mapping the numpad keys for arrows and leaving numlock on

I believe the way I mapped arrow keys was running the OTD software with Korean App Locale and then it worked out perfect.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #595 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 13:46:14 »
Hi, does anyone have files for the plate for the Viper/Eagle? I'm trying to make a plastic case for my second pcb because this is the nicest keyboard I've ever typed on and I really want a case for the second PCB.

I'm looking for the dimensions for the mounting of the plate at the very least. 

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #596 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 15:32:34 »

I believe the way I mapped arrow keys was running the OTD software with Korean App Locale and then it worked out perfect.
Thanks man I'll give it a shot

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #597 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:18:11 »
For all those waiting I should have diffuser dimensions for Zeal Compatibility done late tonight.  Once I double check everything I'll send them off to be cut probably tomorrow.  If I get them expedited it will raise the cost from $5 to between $7-$10 -- is that ok with everybody?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #598 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:22:43 »
Can anyone send me a photo of the Eagle/Viper plate?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #599 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:25:18 »
For all those waiting I should have diffuser dimensions for Zeal Compatibility done late tonight.  Once I double check everything I'll send them off to be cut probably tomorrow.  If I get them expedited it will raise the cost from $5 to between $7-$10 -- is that ok with everybody?

Sounds good man. Should someone need the diffusers more than I wanting an extra set, please feel free to give them my slot.

Thanks!