Author Topic: Defcon Anyone?  (Read 6230 times)

Offline __red__

Defcon Anyone?
« on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 13:29:46 »

Just asking...  I figure I'm not going to be the only person carrying a full-size mechanical around :-D

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Defcon Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 18:44:36 »
Personally, I wouldn't take anything that I ever expected to be safe ever again.

Many of the people I know shut their cell phones off before reaching the hotel and take disposable laptops with them, which they destroy when the show is over. If you cannot even trust the bios of your laptop after the show, hooking a keyboard up to said laptop is just asking for trouble. Take only the minimum electronics you need, leave your cell in your room, and if you leave, turn it off while traversing the hotel lobby. And of course NEVER, under any circumstance use the lobby ATM or hotel WIFI. While on the show floor, leave your credit cards in the room and take cash.

This place is WORSE than the internet for security, what you will encounter there is so new and experimental that it's months, and even years away from being out in the wild. Don't take ANY electronics you value.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 20:13:34 »
Would love to attend some year, but no interest in going to Vegas in general. Always a huge fan of the VODs afterwards  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 20:29:50 »
Vegas isn't that bad especially compared to a lot of the rest of the country, there is actually quite a bit of side attractions that are pretty good and the food is good and cheap if you know where to go.

Most people just see the gambling, but there is not only a lot of small attractions on and off the strip, but Vegas also has a lot of hidden secrets most never really see. It's actually an interesting place (not always in a good way either) but it's all hidden by all the bright lights.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 01:35:30 »
Would love to attend some year, but no interest in going to Vegas in general. Always a huge fan of the VODs afterwards  :thumb:
Oh man, getting to go to Vegas and Defcon would be a treat for sure!

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 23:45:54 »
I went a couple years back and handed out geek hack keys, I was actually surprised how many guys were carrying boards around. Really fun conference you'll have a blast!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 08:56:54 »
oh, that defcon  :))

my first thought went straight to the video game defcon  :p