Author Topic: A clacky hello from Hamburg  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Partyschaum

• GitHub
A clacky hello from Hamburg
« on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 13:12:25 »
Hi GH!

I'm into mechanical keyboards since 2010. Back then it wasn't such a topic as today. At least among my peers. My first keyboard was a Deck 82 Toxic with Cherry MX Black switches. I didn't know much about different switch types then and was just happy to find a vendor in Germany who was selling mechanical keyboards.

174677-0

Two years later I wanted to try out something new and decided to buy a Filco Ninja Majestouch TKL. Since it was still hard to find a vendor for mechanical keyboards in Germany I had to buy in UK... looking at the exchange rates and shipping costs didn't make this buy a cheap one.

A few weeks back I decided to buy a new set of keycaps for my Filco and went with the official keycap set in high profile. I am still stunned by the quality of those.

174679-1

I've used a DasKeyboard Ultimate for a year with Cherry MX Blue switches but came back to smaller layouts. I still love my DasKeyboard Ultimate and I'm very eager to see how the Nautilus Keycap set will look on it which I just ordered on Massdrop.

It will remove the Ultimate from the keyboard but that's ok.

174683-2

To spare my colleagues the beautiful sound of Cherry MX Blue switches I tried a Code Keyboard TKL with Cherry MX Clear switches for two years but came back to my Filco recently.

Besides that I think that the quality of the Code Keyboard Keycaps are less than good... I use this keyboard at home now and it looks really wasted.

174681-3

Recently I fell for Massdrop...

Right now I'm waiting for the T0mb3ry SA Carbon Custom Keycap Set, Zambumon GMK Nautilus Custom Keycap Set and a Pok3r keyboard. Tomorrow I have to buy the MiTo XDA Godspeed Custom Keycap Set.

A few weeks back I had to back the White Fox True on Kickstarter as well.  :thumb:

So the end of this year and the beginning of 2018 will (hopefully) be exciting.  :p

Offline raxander

Re: A clacky hello from Hamburg
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 14:23:48 »
My condolences!  You are in deep my friend.  We have some things in common: I'm signed up for SA Carbon, and for the NightFox on kickstarter.  If you haven't built a custom yet I recommend you try it - then you can choose each component separately and you'll have more options to make it exactly the way you want it.