Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 unresponsive after wake from sleep  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Erikdayo

HHKB Pro 2 unresponsive after wake from sleep
« on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 09:27:48 »
This has probably been covered before, but I had issues finding an immediate match in a Google search. This is my 2nd HHKB. I don't remember if my first one did the same thing. I think it probably did.

When I wake my computer from sleep, even if I wake it using the HHKB, I've noticed that when I start trying to type on the keyboard it doesn't become response until a few seconds later. This isn't even just immediate after wake up. If I wake up my PC and don't use the keyboard until 5 minutes later the HHKB is not responsive for a few seconds. Is this normal for the HHKB? Running Windows 10 Pro.

Just curious because I don't recall this issue with my FC660C, POK3R, and various other keyboards I've previously owned.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: HHKB Pro 2 unresponsive after wake from sleep
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 09:34:19 »
Try searching on google site:geekhack.org hhkb sleep you'll see some older threads but they probably won't help with windows 10 but might at least give you some ideas to try

Offline Erikdayo

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 09:39:32 »
Most stuff I looked at seemed related to Mac issues, but I found something to try after looking at general keyboard wake from sleep issues on Windows. Will have to try when I get home from work in 8 hours. Something about going to device manager, finding the keyboard driver, and unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Might do the trick.

Offline scwoopz

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 10:20:00 »
There's a DIP switch for waking from sleep, but it doesn't work for me (Mac).

I click my mouse or unplug the replug the HHKB.
ortho or shmortho

Offline Erikdayo

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 10:53:49 »
There's a DIP switch for waking from sleep, but it doesn't work for me (Mac).

I click my mouse or unplug the replug the HHKB.
That works to allow me wake the the computer with the HHKB. But it doesn't necessarily make the keyboard responsive after the PC wakes. Still sometimes doesn't respond for a few seconds. But I mentioned a fix above that might work for me. Not an option on Mac, unfortunately.