Author Topic: MK Presents 'Midnight Dawn' - Tai-Hao Cubic Profile Debut (In Stock Now!)  (Read 45026 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Hello fine folks out there!

We are here with something which we hope will amaze and stupify.

The Midnight Dawn Cubic Profile keycap set:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2931

Sample Pics:

Side by side comparison shots top row keys from left to right - OEM, Cubic, Cherry, and DCS profiles:

Current Rudimentary Mockup:
More

« Last Edit: Sat, 13 January 2018, 18:22:18 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
This profile has the look of OEM profile with sharper edges, however its stair-step sculpting is reminiscent of Cherry profile.
When two industry leaders come together to collaborate on a keycap set the end result is something which is not only visually stunning, but feels amazing!

Interesting profile! Who is manufacturing it?(I'm dumb it's Tai-Hao) Also, very nice color combination, it's nice to see something new and the high-vis green looks like instrumentation in an airplane cockpit or on a timepiece.  :thumb:

Offline HotRoderX

i really like this very nice is there any chance for a 1.75x shift for Tada's and the like?

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
i really like this very nice is there any chance for a 1.75x shift for Tada's and the like?

Unfortunately no. This keycap set is for US ANSI 125 layout only.

Offline kawasaki161

Got some shots comparing the side profile and underside to normal Tai Hao and/or something in Cherry profile?

Offline HotRoderX

how long do we have to pre order these! I am still interested even with the basic layout! It does come with some blank keys also correct?

Offline mogo

how long do we have to pre order these! I am still interested even with the basic layout! It does come with some blank keys also correct?

Only the "media" key blanks above the numpad. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's WYSIWYG.

This isn't some big GB project for a full-featured, extras-filled keyset. Tai-Hao doesn't really do that. They sell simple, vanilla, 104-key sets for affordable prices.

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
Got some shots comparing the side profile and underside to normal Tai Hao and/or something in Cherry profile?

I will see what I can do...

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

Only the "media" key blanks above the numpad. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's WYSIWYG.

This isn't some big GB project for a full-featured, extras-filled keyset. Tai-Hao doesn't really do that. They sell simple, vanilla, 104-key sets for affordable prices.

Yes but...livingspeedbump has told me that he is currently work with Tai-hao to get other option available in Cubic profile in the future. *fingers crossed*

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

Here you go, kind sir (added to OP as well)...

Side by side comparison shots top row keys from left to right - OEM, Cubic, Cherry, and DCS profiles:

Offline mogo

Wait, the last one is DCS? I thought Cherry was shorter than DCS.

edit: looking at this comparison image, Cherry does look like it's the shortest profile.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 09:52:45 by mogo »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Saw these listed on the incoming stock.  I will certainly purchase because I love the colorway.  Nice to see the side by side comparison with OEM.  Looks to be very similar to OEM with sharper edges, less radius on corners, and maybe a tiny less cylindrical scoop on top.  I have my all gray set from Massdrop coming soon, but this colorway is pretty rad.

Offline dante

Just a general question - did you happen to ask Tao Hao on how difficult/expensive it would be to do these with Alps stems?

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
Just a general question - did you happen to ask Tao Hao on how difficult/expensive it would be to do these with Alps stems?

Not yet, however, we expect that Tai-Hao has big plans for this profile they have created so...maybe next year!?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: MK Presents 'Midnight Dawn' - Tai-Hao Cubic Profile Debut (Taking Preorders)
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 18:13:28 »
I just got my first set of cubic from the recent drop on Massdrop.  I like them a lot, but for some reason they feel sooo much better with a steeper incline to me.  They just aren't as interesting on boards with 5 degrees or less of incline.  Looking forward to more sets down the road.  Oooh, and they also sound pretty nice.  Nothing quite as great as SA, but certainly a bit deeper resonance of the switch with that extra height.