Author Topic: [eBay] Dell AT101 GYUM90SK with a black CASE  (Read 6208 times)

Offline Floofs

[eBay] Dell AT101 GYUM90SK with a black CASE
« on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 22:09:47 »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: [eBay] Dell AT101 GYUM90SK with a black CASE
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 22:31:25 »
I don't recall these being that rare but they are hard to find in non-**** condition, like really hard. AT101 mechanical were commonly used for computer labs (schools, libraries, etc), they are almost always super worn in. factor that into any decision making when buying a AT101

black alps?

Offline Floofs

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 22:52:43 »
I don't recall these being that rare but they are hard to find in non-**** condition, like really hard. AT101 mechanical were commonly used for computer labs (schools, libraries, etc), they are almost always super worn in. factor that into any decision making when buying a AT101

black alps?
I think they are black alps!

There's no picture with the key caps off, but my understanding is that the 'M' in the fcc id would mean mechanical which would mean black alps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 00:11:06 »
These are black Alps. Definitely not rare, but certainly not as common as the beige variety.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 23:06:18 »
Neat find!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 05:53:34 »
Actually, I see another one for sale on the same page:

182776-0

So yes, they do turn up regularly... But they're great boards, and look considerably more modern than the beige ones, don't they? And as long as they haven't been thrashed too much, black Alpses (with a bit of lube if necessary) are fine, underappreciated switches, IMHO.

BTW, here's Chyros's video review of the AT101W in general. You'll note he had only beige ones.  ;?)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Floofs

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 08:59:31 »

(Attachment Link)

So yes, they do turn up regularly... But they're great boards, and look considerably more modern than the beige ones, don't they? And as long as they haven't been thrashed too much, black Alpses (with a bit of lube if necessary) are fine, underappreciated switches, IMHO.

BTW, here's Chyros's video review of the AT101W in general. You'll note he had only beige ones.  ;?)
Yeah I saw the other black one pop up yesterday. Do they usually fetch a little more than their beige brothers?? I've come to kinda like the vintage beige color too :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 21:41:01 »

(Attachment Link)

IIRC there's multiple black ones even in the thumbnail, but since then I found another 2-3 in the building I'm working in atm.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 23:45:23 »

(Attachment Link)

IIRC there's multiple black ones even in the thumbnail, but since then I found another 2-3 in the building I'm working in atm.
Any chance you'll update the review with the black ones as well?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 03:13:29 »
Yeah I saw the other black one pop up yesterday. Do they usually fetch a little more than their beige brothers?? I've come to kinda like the vintage beige color too :)

They're both awesome. They also have the distinction of being some of the very few "vintage" MK's with Windows keys, as the appearance of Windows keys occurred right around the time everyone switched to cheaper RDs and membranes.

Okay, hang onto them—we'll be right over to NL.

LOL
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 05:50:11 »

(Attachment Link)

I just checked the video real quick and it's already in in THREE places :p .

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 10:11:14 »

They also have the distinction of being some of the very few "vintage" MK's with Windows keys,

And with black Alps caps. Although they really aren't that great, at least they exist.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 16:54:24 »
And with black Alps caps. Although they really aren't that great, at least they exist.

You're great and I'm glad you exist.  ;D

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 10:16:32 »

They're both awesome. They also have the distinction of being some of the very few "vintage" MK's with Windows keys, as the appearance of Windows keys occurred right around the time everyone switched to cheaper RDs and membranes.

Okay, hang onto them—we'll be right over to NL.

LOL

That's interesting about the Windows keys--I never really thought about the timing of the appearance of those keys in relation to keyboards, more with relation to windows 95, which is where they came from.  To this very day, I still don't like them since their function is just a key combination on any other board.  But it doesn't bother me as much any more since there's a 'gaming' feature on most modern boards that disables them.  :thumb:  Would have been nice to have that feature from day one imo.  ;D

Seriously, NL is only 8-10hrs a way.  We'll get a nights sleep, meet you at the office and then sleep on the way home.  :eek:  Of course, we'll be the only ones with keyboards as carry-on items.  :))

Our good friend has been doing some redux videos, and I think a 'black and white' at101 redux would be a nice one to watch. :D

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 10:17:56 »

(Attachment Link)

I guess you noticed I haven't watched the video yet.  :-[  Did you do some typing/reviewing on them too or where they just shown to be a variant?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:32:45 »
Seriously, NL is only 8-10hrs a way.  We'll get a nights sleep, meet you at the office and then sleep on the way home.  :eek:  Of course, we'll be the only ones with keyboards as carry-on items.  :)) ...

I'd love to go to Holland, "wooden shoe"?  :?D

Well, it sure was nice of Chyros to suggest we come over... He did suggest that, right?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 02:14:22 »

(Attachment Link)

I guess you noticed I haven't watched the video yet.  :-[  Did you do some typing/reviewing on them too or where they just shown to be a variant?
How the hell do I know, just watch the damn video :p .

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 08:56:38 »
Seriously, NL is only 8-10hrs a way.  We'll get a nights sleep, meet you at the office and then sleep on the way home.  :eek:  Of course, we'll be the only ones with keyboards as carry-on items.  :)) ...

I'd love to go to Holland, "wooden shoe"?  :?D

Well, it sure was nice of Chyros to suggest we come over... He did suggest that, right?
Have you booked the flights yet?  You know flights get expensive this time of year.  :eek:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 08:58:31 »
How the hell do I know, just watch the damn video :p .
lol, aye aye captain!

I actually was watching a video or two a day while I ate, but somehow stopped doing that while the in-laws, etc were here.  Time to introduce them to keyboarding, hehe.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 09:22:44 »
After looking at the beginning of that video, now I wonder if my AT101 is made by Alps.
More

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 12:23:57 »
After looking at the beginning of that video, now I wonder if my AT101 is made by Alps.
More
Show Image
You can easily find this out by searching the fcc id number found on the back label.  For some reason the database query is only working with the first 3 letters, but that should be enough as that's the company code.
https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

I'm curious too so definitely let us know what you find out.  :thumb:

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 12:29:14 »
More
Show Image
You can easily find this out by searching the fcc id number found on the back label.  For some reason the database query is only working with the first 3 letters, but that should be enough as that's the company code.
https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

I'm curious too so definitely let us know what you find out.  :thumb:
It is, I checked the DT wiki. Mine has the salmon alps and the dyesubs.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk