Author Topic: HHKB Case Corners Not Fully Shut  (Read 1771 times)

Offline ubslimpinn

HHKB Case Corners Not Fully Shut
« on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 10:55:34 »
Hello (posted this to reddit two days ago was hoping to get more input)

I just got the hhkb pro 2 type s. I really enjoy it but noticed that the case won't fully close at the two corners in the bottom-front. See the pics. It bows up a very tiny bit. You can see a bit of the tab insert, and if you pinch the case together, the gap will close slightly more.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it normal?

I am more concerned if it is normal than how to fix it. In other words, if everyone says it's normal I won't care enough to fix it! Just want to make sure nothing is wrong with it.

Thanks!

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: HHKB Case Corners Not Fully Shut
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:02:41 »
No worries i have the same thing when i got it out of the box.

EDIT: And its because a weird thicc hard plastic ring around the cables that connects the controller board to the PCB. I just looked better at my HHKB the left side is more open then the right side does anyone have the same?

Why is this even here :l

EDIT2: If you have the same problem as i had that the other side is more open then the other you should follow these steps this fixed it for me.

1.Open the case carefully
2.You will see the cable with the ring on it
3.Push the ring carefully up to the detachable side of the cable as much as possible.
4.Put the case back in place and the 3 screws back in and twist the ones at the side 75% and the middle one 50%.
5.And then fully securely screw the screws that are on the sides  fully and then the middle one

PS  English is not my first language.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:59:15 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:05:38 »
My Type-S is identical.

Offline ubslimpinn

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:29:38 »
Thanks both of you! A relief to know. And lol “thicc”. I’ve heard it can be fixed by clamping down tightly and re-screwing the three screws. But I’ll probably just leave it as is.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:37:38 »
Thanks both of you! A relief to know. And lol “thicc”. I’ve heard it can be fixed by clamping down tightly and re-screwing the three screws. But I’ll probably just leave it as is.

I doubt it will be fully closed since that weird ass metal/plastic ring is still in there that is the reason the case doesn't close all the way no idea what the purpose is of the ring but yeah by removing it should close all the way.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020