Author Topic: [Sold] IBM FAT  (Read 1334 times)

Offline JP

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 December 2017, 15:08:47 by JP »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Re: IBM FAT
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 16:57:43 »
Looks like it's already been bid over $40 with four days left to go!

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline ander

• Clickety, clickety
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 01:51:01 »
A nice clean one, too. With 4 days to go, I imagine it'll be bid up to between $150–200.

BTW, we usually refer to these as "F-AT", since FAT means something else (it's a file system).
Imagine that everything you are typing is being read by the person you are applying to for your first job. Imagine that it's all going to be seen by your parents and your grandparents and your grandchildren as well. – Tim Berners-Lee, creator of the World Wide Web

Offline JP

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 07:23:42 »
BTW, we usually refer to these as "F-AT", since FAT means something else (it's a file system).

I purposely referred to this as FAT as a lame pun I guess.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 22:55:20 »
Yo, that's some IBM FAT fo sho... :))

Sweet looking board.  I can't believe they command that much now.  :eek:  I remember just a few years ago they were well below $200.  (Or my memory was bad--one or the other  ;D)

Offline ander

• Clickety, clickety
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 22:07:29 »

I purposely referred to this as FAT as a lame pun I guess.

Oh, LOL. I can't speak for everyone, but I love file-system-based puns—always have, always will.

Sweet looking board.  I can't believe they command that much now.  :eek:  I remember just a few years ago they were well below $200.  (Or my memory was bad--one or the other  ;D)

Nope, your memory's fine... Just late last year they were still around $100, but it was clear they'd being going up quickly. Wish I could've talked my wife into buying a few.  :?|
Imagine that everything you are typing is being read by the person you are applying to for your first job. Imagine that it's all going to be seen by your parents and your grandparents and your grandchildren as well. – Tim Berners-Lee, creator of the World Wide Web

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 09:20:55 »
When a society is healthy, it is saved from all this by robust communication. Individual people still embrace or reject evidence too hastily, still apportion blame tribally, but civil contact with people of different perspectives can keep the resulting distortions within bounds. There is enough constructive cross-tribal communication—and enough agreement on what the credible sources of information are—to preserve some overlap of, and some fruitful interaction between, world views.
Now, of course, we’re in a technological environment that makes it easy for tribes to not talk to each other and seems to incentivize the ridiculing of one another. Maybe there will be long-term fixes for this. Maybe, for example, we’ll judiciously amend our social media algorithms, or promulgate practices that can help tame cognitive biases.
Meanwhile, the closest thing to a cure may be for all of us to try to remember that natural selection has saddled us with these biases—and also to remember that, however hard we try, we’re probably not entirely escaping them. In this view, the biggest threat to America and to the world may be a simple lack of intellectual humility. Robert Wright - Wired 2018

Offline JP

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 15:08:58 »

Offline ander

• Clickety, clickety
Re: [Sold] IBM FAT
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:40:29 »
On the plus side, it's good to see so many people getting rid of their FAT. (Early New Year's resolutions?)

Offline JP

Offline ander

• Clickety, clickety
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 21:40:48 »
Yeah, saw that—wonder what happened to the tabs? Did they pry the case open without a hex driver, and broke 'em?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 14:31:56 »
Wow, that parts one sold cheap!