Author Topic: Skidata  (Read 2584 times)

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Skidata
« on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 22:16:04 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKIDATA-PS-2-MULTIMEDIA-MECHANICAL-KEYBOARD-TRACKBALL-CHERRY-KEY-GERMAN/311855944431?hash=item489c1012ef:g:ecwAAOSwzgRWxucZ

This might not be a killer deal if you're buying from the US (50 for shipping), but it's certainly a rarity. No doubt a few of you have noticed this guy.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Skidata
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 04:39:21 »
Yes, these are pretty cool.

Just for fun, I thought I'd see if the shipping was any less to Canada (since it'd be coming from Europe), but was surprised to see:

- - -
Item location: Nürnberg, Germany

Shipping to: Worldwide

Excludes: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada
 - - -

Meanwhile, the list of places they will ship to includes places like Afghanistan, Libya, The Congo... The exclusions seem so random. And he doesn't even ship to Germany! Make any sense to you?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 14:56:59 »
Yes, these are pretty cool.

Just for fun, I thought I'd see if the shipping was any less to Canada (since it'd be coming from Europe), but was surprised to see:

- - -
Item location: Nürnberg, Germany

Shipping to: Worldwide

Excludes: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada
 - - -

Meanwhile, the list of places they will ship to includes places like Afghanistan, Libya, The Congo... The exclusions seem so random. And he doesn't even ship to Germany! Make any sense to you?

Odd. That seems kinda ... fishy? I would think Germany, Canada, UK, and US would be at the top of the list. Ebay is a strange place.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 20:11:30 »
It's particularly unusual seeing something like this in the keyboard world, where eccentric things and personalities are so rare.

(LOL)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 14:35:52 »
Very interesting board!  When for a decent chunk to!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:07:08 »
...When for a decent chunk to!

Woo, I'll have some of whatever you're having!