Author Topic: Greetings from Houston, TX  (Read 1854 times)

Offline echen1024

Greetings from Houston, TX
« on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 18:46:52 »
I've lurked with an account but never posted for 5(!) years here. This forum started me off with my IBM Model M. I've started reading this forum against as I've started getting ready to jump to my end game. A 60%, Salmon Alps build based off of hasu's alps64 PCB. Still haven't decided on keycaps yet though!.

Eric
IBM Model M 1391401 11DEC1989

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Re: Greetings from Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 18:50:15 »
Welcome, I guess? I am also in Houston and only recently came back to post and be active after joining in March of 2013, which is the same month as you....odd, lol.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 18:53:04 »
I've lurked with an account but never posted for 5(!) years here. This forum started me off with my IBM Model M. I've started reading this forum against as I've started getting ready to jump to my end game. A 60%, Salmon Alps build based off of hasu's alps64 PCB. Still haven't decided on keycaps yet though!.

Eric

Welcome again. There is not many options for alps caps though, you would certainly consider a vintage set though. By the way, we have the same name, in Spanish it is said that we are "tocayos" that means two guys that have the same name.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 18:56:13 »
And in regards to keycaps, if you want check out my IC on the Nexus Slider, which replaces the alps slider and lets you use mx mount caps, GB should be launching in the next couple weeks.

Offline echen1024

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 20:51:31 »
And in regards to keycaps, if you want check out my IC on the Nexus Slider, which replaces the alps slider and lets you use mx mount caps, GB should be launching in the next couple weeks.

Glad to see some more Houstonians interested in mechs :)
I think I've seen you post about it on Deskthority before... might've been a different person but similar project. I was planning to go down the converter route, or use AEK keycaps.
IBM Model M 1391401 11DEC1989