Author Topic: [IC] FUSION60  (Read 135382 times)

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
Re: [IC] Fusion 60% Custom Case
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:37:29 »
To Do:

- Find alternative CNC company that maybe can help produce without the use of EDM
- Find another way to make without EDM and without changing the design

Update :

6/3/18
- Submit the design to CNC guy
- It turns out that the side is very hard to CNC and need the help of EDM machine
- Because it needs to be EDM, the cost of production is almost double the price from the previous Fusion60 case design.

4/3/18
- Total redesign of fusion

Yesterday i submit the design to my CNC company, it turns out that the side needed the help of EDM machine, and that will double the price of production. Right now im still trying to find another way around to avoid EDM machine. if there is no way around that, the only  option is to find the cheapest EDM company or changing the design :(

The estimate price if use EDM machine for poker version of this case is : USD 300 :(

Show Image

the estimate price is at what moq? will it go down if made in large quantity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:33:13 »
Unfortunately at 300usd I'm likely out. I was hoping this would be a reasonable mid tier case from 150-225usd.
GLWS, will still be following for future changes.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:35:44 »
Unfortunately at 300usd I'm likely out. I was hoping this would be a reasonable mid tier case from 150-225usd.

I have to agree with this. Was excited hoping that this case would be sub-200. If you are going through with this I'll sit this one out.

Will simpler design (that won't so much sacrifice the character of the case) be doable and bring the cost down?

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:38:22 »

My target price for this case is also around that price (150-225) I still believe i can find more alternative way to cut the price

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:51:01 »

My target price for this case is also around that price (150-225) I still believe i can find more alternative way to cut the price

Looking forward to it! Will follow future updates for sure.
I really dig that brass weight design!

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:57:05 »

I have to agree with this. Was excited hoping that this case would be sub-200. If you are going through with this I'll sit this one out.

Will simpler design (that won't so much sacrifice the character of the case) be doable and bring the cost down?
Yes making simpler design will cut the price massively... but please bear with me. Its not a dead end.. :)

Offline cldskt

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:18:51 »

Yes making simpler design will cut the price massively... but please bear with me. Its not a dead end.. :)

Is there a timeline that you are planning to achieve? :o

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 04:55:55 »

Is there a timeline that you are planning to achieve? :o

i dont have right now, but my target is to finish prototyping at the end of april.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 05:00:53 »
Good News!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My CNC manufacturer said they can make without any EDM machine, the only thing i need to change is to make the sharp edge abit rounded. I will post the render later  :thumb: 

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 05:02:47 »
Hyped  :thumb:

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 05:28:08 »
Here is the plate layout

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 06:46:56 »
Here is the plate layout
Show Image

it looks really nice (thanks for the added iso support ) :)

Offline cldskt

Re: [IC] Fusion60 Custom Case
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 20:51:38 »
You can post the code to show Fusion60 Signature in the OP if you want those interested to put it in their signature to show support. Just an idea!  :thumb:

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 11:10:34 »
Any updates on this, OP?

Offline cldskt

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 11:19:06 »
Any updates on this, OP?

AFAIK according to his Facebook post on Indonesian MK Group, OP is currently out-of-town and will bring some updates once he is back.

Offline whytwokay

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 18:31:39 »
The case looks great! I can't wait to see what your TKL design looks like  :thumb:

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 07:53:40 »
Hai! sorry for not updating on this case progress frequently, I was very busy. but i still manage some time to keep working on this case. here is some quick render to show you guys on how the case progress is going on, basically it's just some minor adjustment.

Offline M

Re: [IC] FUSION60
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 13:48:12 »
Thanks for the update, the weight looks sick. Also sorry if this was already asked, but is the HHKB case supposed to be a normal 60% kit (just with integrated blockers) or a standalone replacement case for an HHKB (à la norbauer cases)

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 14:08:39 »
Thanks for the update, the weight looks sick. Also sorry if this was already asked, but is the HHKB case supposed to be a normal 60% kit (just with integrated blockers) or a standalone replacement case for an HHKB (à la norbauer cases)

The HHKB plate and slider housings are built into the case, so I'm certain this won't be a new housing for it.
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline bball2

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 14:24:25 »
Design looks dope, would definitely be interested in a WKL layout if it's available!

Offline M

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 15:03:08 »

The HHKB plate and slider housings are built into the case, so I'm certain this won't be a new housing for it.

Ok thanks nvm got clarified below
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 April 2018, 19:13:32 by M »

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 18:10:14 »

Hai, it's going to be a standalone replacement top case. because i dont really like blockers

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 23:02:46 »
Guessing this would only work w/ the Vortex Poker's rather than the iKBC Poker's (Type-C)

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 10:29:11 »
Show Image

looking at this image the plate will be integrated to the top instead of a screw on plate?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 23:11:30 »
Show Image

looking at this image the plate will be integrated to the top instead of a screw on plate?

it's going to be screw on plate,, not integrated

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 00:03:57 »
any of the layouts can have arrow keys? thank you

Offline cldskt

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 00:05:46 »

CMIIW, but whether or not the layout will have arrow keys will depend on the PCB you use, not the case that PCB is housed in. For DZ60/DO60 for example, it will allow you to have arrow clusters and still fit this case.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 01:32:14 »

Yes it can, the PCB that we are planing to use is dz60, and these are the layout supported :

CMIIW, but whether or not the layout will have arrow keys will depend on the PCB you use, not the case that PCB is housed in. For DZ60/DO60 for example, it will allow you to have arrow clusters and still fit this case.
Correct ! ;D ;D ;D

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 07:47:52 »
This looks amazing. Would be fantastic if underglow was an option, but even without, I'm really liking this. Did the angle get settled at 8? Would prefer something a little more like 5 or 6, but I think I'm still in regardless (if the price is right).
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 15:24:33 »

Yes it can, the PCB that we are planing to use is dz60, and these are the layout supported :

Show Image

Correct ! ;D ;D ;D

Is the YAS layout what we are looking at? Thank you.

Also, curious whether you will consider using a QMK PCB with USB-C support. Thank you very much.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 15:34:20 »
Anyway I am definitely in for one if it costs <300 for the whole kit. I am curious whether you have the most up to date render of the side? The original design (in your signature) seems to be the best IMO.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 15:35:30 »
Could you also ask your manufacturer if they can make the case with MAO?

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 21:33:42 »

Show Image

Correct ! ;D ;D ;D

Is the YAS layout what we are looking at? Thank you.

Also, curious whether you will consider using a QMK PCB with USB-C support. Thank you very much.
here’s YAS layout

need top with blockers unless you want some holes on the side :)
i think he’s planning to make a top for yas and other different layout with blockers.

Offline PaultheSloth

• JW Double Black
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 00:08:45 »
To Do:

- Find alternative CNC company that maybe can help produce without the use of EDM
- Find another way to make without EDM and without changing the design

Update :

6/3/18
- Submit the design to CNC guy
- It turns out that the side is very hard to CNC and need the help of EDM machine
- Because it needs to be EDM, the cost of production is almost double the price from the previous Fusion60 case design.

4/3/18
- Total redesign of fusion

Yesterday i submit the design to my CNC company, it turns out that the side needed the help of EDM machine, and that will double the price of production. Right now im still trying to find another way around to avoid EDM machine. if there is no way around that, the only  option is to find the cheapest EDM company or changing the design :(

The estimate price if use EDM machine for poker version of this case is : USD 300 :(

Show Image

Real excited for this!
Polaris|Leaf60|QXP|DC60|Planck|SKB60|Tokyo60|UT-47|AnnePro

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 00:02:05 »
Any updates on this?
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline Vulcan

Re: [IC] FUSION60 (Final Design & Estimate Price)
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 10:33:42 »
I have updated the first post with picture of the final design and also post the estimate price  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 10:44:44 »
Looks great, and the price is a definite bargain! Count me in!

Offline cldskt

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 10:46:41 »
I suppose you are forgoing the side RGB underglow then?

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 10:49:18 »
Wow, that's an insane price for a top-mount with a brass plate + weight. The details says it comes with a DZ60 PCB, but if you go with the YAS62 option, will that come with the YAS62 PCB or will you have to get one yourself?

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 12:30:41 »
That's quite an amazing price honestly...

Offline cheunjm

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 12:57:00 »
That price... Are you sure you're not losing any money? Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 13:17:34 »
wow really impressed, in the to-do list it looks like the next step is to get a prototype?

Offline bball2

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 14:38:55 »
Solid price, definitely in!

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 15:53:07 »
I'm very likely in at that price point

Offline str8away

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 17:57:05 »
This looks amazing! Likely in for one especially at that price.

Offline Mearaz

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 21:31:35 »
Nice pricing! really tempting. What colors will be available to choose from?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 22:41:38 »
Will the true-happy layout be available?

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 08:42:42 »
Layout frame looks the same as the hhkb layout, but with a full backspace. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. The DZ60 the kit comes with is fully programmable w/ QMK, and is a bit of a swiss cheese board so I'm sure it'll be fine. You could also just use a different PCB.

Offline schlep

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 08:48:41 »
I suppose the case supports GK64 as well?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 09:18:00 »
Wow, that's an insane price for a top-mount with a brass plate + weight. The details says it comes with a DZ60 PCB, but if you go with the YAS62 option, will that come with the YAS62 PCB or will you have to get one yourself?

190 USD kit is for dz60, we dont have YAS62 PCB.. but i will try to contact the YAS62 maker and see if we can get a good price

That price... Are you sure you're not losing any money? Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

Im trying this case as cheap as possible but still maintaining the good quality,, so lets pray i wont lose and money  :thumb:

wow really impressed, in the to-do list it looks like the next step is to get a prototype?

Yep..

Nice pricing! really tempting. What colors will be available to choose from?

I will post on color option after the prototyping is done

Will the true-happy layout be available?

Show Image

I have to choose whether i make the original HHKB layout or WKL.. what do you think?

I suppose the case supports GK64 as well?

Yes, support  :thumb: