Author Topic: [IC] Glow SA, Glow-in-the-Dark profiled SA, PRICES ADDED 2019-02-17  (Read 146946 times)

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
Re: [IC] Glow SA, Glow-in-the-Dark profiled SA
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:01:10 »
SP's SA sets almost always have deep-dish homing keys. Occasionally, homing keys with a raised dot in the center have been offered, but I'll tell you right now it's not pleasant. 1976 had them, I dislike that sharp-ish point dead center in the cap.

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 21:54:00 »
Please do not do blanks for rather basic layouts, that's almost as bad as no support at all and is just overall lazy kit design.
^^

Also are we doing scoops or bars?  ^-^

- Confirmed no blanks for basic layouts;
- Scoops! If I could I'd scoop them all but it's only available for R3;

EDIT: QUICK POLL:         112343 vs. 112344 vs. 112342, go!
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 22:09:39 by emenelopee »

Offline soupymeatballs

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 22:13:38 »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 22:31:24 »
112344 first pref, 112343 is ok, 112342 is bad.

Also, are you planning on running the GB yourself or looking for a vendor to run it?

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 22:49:50 »
112344 YES, 112343 EH, 112342 NAH.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 02:44:20 »
Thanks for the participation sample size of 3!

For reference:

112343 - Maxkeys standard
112344 - Carbon SA
112342 - Hyper7

and as a wild card, which I neglected to add in the poll:

312343 - Pulse

I've been pondering on this for the last couple days: 112343 was the original direction, but I'm getting good vibes from 312343, with the extra flexibility of the F rows for the custom/oddity cap, and nice balanced aesthetics. I'm a little thrown by the 112344 votes and surprised the Hyper7 arrangement, the current cap belle du jour, getting no love.

Also, are you planning on running the GB yourself or looking for a vendor to run it?

I was keeping the sets as simple as possible to keep logistics tight and in-house, but with the feedback coming in, and working through kit requests which are growing beyond the original scope, I will indeed be looking to offload the physical work to a vendor. This is the next step after the IC process fleshes out the design intent details. I have a shortlist but if you have ideas/recommendations, I'm happy to hear them.

Offline mogo

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 10:01:04 »
Best: 112344.
Acceptable: 112343.

It makes the most sense to me to have the modifier keys angled inwards so when your pinky/ring fingers reach down to hit them the keys are scooped/angled to meet your fingertips. But flat (row3) to match the spacebar is fine too, it's honestly not going to feel any worse if they aren't scooped inwards. Either is fine. But I don't like the idea of them being scooped away from my reaching fingers (i.e. row2)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 14:53:18 »
Personally I would go 112344 or 112343 over 312343 any day. R3 top row seems like it would just make a few more compatibility issues than it would solve, especially with layouts like 1800 and 96key that are pretty sensitive to top row options. Hyperfuse and Penumbra SA tried to be weird with their top rows and now there's actually people funding a kit to fix them, which I think is a pretty good indication that R1 top rows are widely preferable to any alternatives. On the other end of the spectrum, I do not think R2 bottom row is a good idea either. As mogo mentioned, scooping away from the direction of your fingers seems like a questionable design choice at best. It may have worked for the Hyper7 use case, but I don't see it being applicable in modern usage.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 14:55:39 »

Personally I would go 112344 or 112343 over 312343 any day. R3 top row seems like it would just make a few more compatibility issues than it would solve, especially with layouts like 1800 and 96key that are pretty sensitive to top row options. Hyperfuse and Penumbra SA tried to be weird with their top rows and now there's actually people funding a kit to fix them, which I think is a pretty good indication that R1 top rows are widely preferable to any alternatives. On the other end of the spectrum, I do not think R2 bottom row is a good idea either. As mogo mentioned, scooping away from the direction of your fingers seems like a questionable design choice at best. It may have worked for the Hyper7 use case, but I don't see it being applicable in modern usage.

Compatibility would definitely be easier with 112344

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 15:24:04 »
... Hyperfuse and Penumbra SA tried to be weird with their top rows and now there's actually people funding a kit to fix them ...

Ha! Now that's a litmus test if ever there was one. Top R3 is out.

- Bottom R4 lets you use some of the extras as both R4 and R2 if flipped for a bootstrapped re-jig, but looks funky with R3 spacebars, (esp. the concaves), arguably more comfortable but I don't have personal reference on this;
- Bottom R3 looks better with the spacebars (and generally across the board in my eyes), they're flippable on the same row as a bootstrap alt mapping.

It's 50:50 for me. How would compatibility be improved with 112344? There doesn't seem to be any robust consensus on R3 vs. R4 on bottom row overall in the precedent sets, though I admit it seems the more recent sets have settled on R4 bottom (excluding Maxkeys, which can't be dismissed given how popular they are).

Someone set up a task group and get it in committee. These bottom row issues are universally silly, an established standard is needed, stat.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 15:40:08 »
I think the easiest way to evaluate the benefits of R4 bottom row is to look at GMK sets since they're 99% R4 bottom row and 1 or 2 sets using R5. The main benefit appears to be to less common layouts, such as some 40% boards, that user some odd sized keys. If there's a lack of proper keys for shift/bottom rows, then they can have some more options for proper rows. Other than that, it seems like the R3/R4 bottom row is mostly just up to the designer's discretion for SA sets.

Offline airyloft

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:56:01 »
Would be in for alphas and numnum only. Can we by a la carte?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 16:13:42 »
Would be in for alphas and numnum only. Can we by a la carte?

There's no particular reason to split the alphas from the mods for this GB since there's no alternatives for either of them and the price difference would likely not be beneficial compared to the low number of potential orders gained.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 00:09:32 »
AWESOME.

I only really focus on ergo/ortho boards and so I really hope an ortho kit or at least GID blanks will be available. The possibility of buying just alphas and an ortho kit would ve ideal, because it would be rather silly to pay for a 60% kit + blanks just to populate a 42-key Atreus.

Looking forward to future updates.  ;D

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 00:18:57 »
...because it would be rather silly to pay for a 60% kit + blanks just to populate a 42-key Atreus.

The smallest set will not be smaller than a 60%, possibly TKL. The "rather silly" extends to going too small with a base kit.

Current kits are being re-jigged, watch this space.

« Last Edit: Sun, 04 March 2018, 20:34:08 by emenelopee »

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 20:29:58 »
Hi all! OP updated with new pictures, layouts, and the words as below.

In addition, donutcat has offered his vendor skills and outreach to this project so I'm thinking a little bigger in the scope of the kits to meet the feedback requests. Still being worked through, so consider this a 75% progress set.

UPDATE 2018-03-04:

- New and improved layouts following community feedback;
- Novelties are still being worked on, still looking for inspiration.
- Extended ISO support isn't there yet - any specific requests for this?
- Other than tweaking the kits and novelties a little, design will go slow down until SP can confirm their latest SA capabilities: not all keys are available on the preferred rows (see image below) which is being rectified by SP as we speak.

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 01:05:42 by emenelopee »

Offline mogo

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 21:45:06 »
This is a good update. These sets look great, I have no complaints with the options I see here. Will be waiting patiently for news from SP.  :thumb:

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 22:15:52 »
Consider it bought  :D

Also can the finish on the caps be gloss or am I misreading the chart?
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 March 2018, 22:41:53 by BobCarltheThird »
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 22:22:51 »
this is amazing...

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 22:42:31 »
Not bad, if I'm reading that list right then SP is only 3 keys short for what we need. Also, looks like you're missing a smidgen of compatibility currently  :p 4 keys for 1800/75% support. Also, I think that the control and return that say 150 on them are supposed to say 175. Maybe a 2nd 2.25u shift for fc660m and others.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 22:55:01 »
orly? Let me take another look. Which ones? I've gone cross-eyed trying to keep track.

And yes, good spot: the 150s on the Light set should read 175.

The SP tooling should be filling in the gaps on the key matrix, though I'm not sure this matrix is current - I'll check with SP.

EDIT: Ah I think I have it - a few of the navigations were missing. Updated.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 01:38:09 by emenelopee »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 23:41:30 »
1800/75% need R1 End/Delete/PgDn, R2 PgUp, R3 PgDn, and you've already got the End in the numpad kit(not sure why there tho) so all you need is the other 4 in the extension kit. And yeah, from what I can tell the yellow spots on the matrix below are the keys that we're waiting on. I'm hoping we're going for full matte rather than semi matte.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 00:11:44 »
This means espectro support? Yeeeeaaaahh

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 00:20:32 »
1800/75% need R1 End/Delete/PgDn, R2 PgUp, R3 PgDn, and you've already got the End in the numpad kit(not sure why there tho) so all you need is the other 4 in the extension kit. And yeah, from what I can tell the yellow spots on the matrix below are the keys that we're waiting on. I'm hoping we're going for full matte rather than semi matte.

Yeah some of the keys went walkies, should be all sorted now.

Finishes - my ideal would be gloss but I'm sure this would not be popular, or indeed available for all keys. I have no reference or preference on the differences between semi- and full-matte, we'll see what the new machine can make and confirm with the samples.

Also a new banner!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94287.0][img]https://imgur.com/gkBLEeT.jpg[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 15:37:36 by emenelopee »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 00:51:42 »
You're getting there, just the R1 Delete is still ran off somewhere :P KLE is really putting up a fight tonight it seems.

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 10:49:35 »
The 1.25u Novelties say R4; surely that's meant to be R3?

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 11:19:33 »
Messing with the hype tools:

And yes, good catch, 1.25 Novelties should be R3.

Having said that, Novelties are still in progress, and the bottom row is not finalised, so both correct and incorrect.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 16:30:32 by emenelopee »

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 11:41:41 »
You're getting there, just the R1 Delete is still ran off somewhere :P KLE is really putting up a fight tonight it seems.

Yep, using my underpowered 11 in is not great for graphics. Managed to squeeze out some fancy new visuals though. Let the hype commence!
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 11:52:45 by emenelopee »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 11:42:08 »
Ooh, now with added ISO!  Looking at it the price of covering my 60% will be crazy though, I need 4 mods and the R1 Del from the extension pack, the ISO kit and, unless I want a 'broken' Caps Lock a GLOW key from the novelties.  Not sure I'm that keen but will have to wait and see when this goes live.

More useful input rather than whining - is there any reason there's a second R1 Esc in the number pad set when it's in the base?  I guess because if you're spreadsheeting on an 1800 or similar a second one can be handy, but just making sure you know there's a duplicate.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 11:50:15 »
Ooh, now with added ISO!  Looking at it the price of covering my 60% will be crazy though, I need 4 mods and the R1 Del from the extension pack, the ISO kit and, unless I want a 'broken' Caps Lock a GLOW key from the novelties.  Not sure I'm that keen but will have to wait and see when this goes live.

More useful input rather than whining - is there any reason there's a second R1 Esc in the number pad set when it's in the base?  I guess because if you're spreadsheeting on an 1800 or similar a second one can be handy, but just making sure you know there's a duplicate.

Indeed! The community made noises and we listened!

Does the base set not do it for you? What do you have? The base already supports split backspace and right shift. Do you have a very particular layout?

R1 Esc is indeed for separate numpads incase anyone is only in for the spreadsheeting module. Of the "keys that you are forced to buy that you will never use", R1 Esc is not the worst. I'm looking at you, stepped caps.

Incidentally, does anyone mind if stepped caps goes?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:05:32 »
Does the base set not do it for you? What do you have? The base already supports split backspace and right shift. Do you have a very particular layout?
I don't think it's that strange.  Only thing I can't remember why I went with is the big FN but it made sense at the time :blank: 

More

My 1800ish is 'wrong' too, I have "=" as half of "+" so "-" doesn't move from a standard board.

R1 Esc is indeed for separate numpads incase anyone is only in for the spreadsheeting module. Of the "keys that you are forced to buy that you will never use", R1 Esc is not the worst. I'm looking at you, stepped caps.

Good point!  I don't want one caps lock key let alone two :p

120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:19:25 »
Actually it is that strange! Gigantic Fn, funky bottom row, and custom backspace, all on an split backspace/right shift ISO base.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:25:47 »
I don't think it's that strange.  Only thing I can't remember why I went with is the big FN but it made sense at the time :blank: 

More
Show Image

My 1800ish is 'wrong' too, I have "=" as half of "+" so "-" doesn't move from a standard board.

Good point!  I don't want one caps lock key let alone two
NO!!! I prefer stepped caps.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:51:12 »
You are both cordially invited to the Snowflake ❄ Kit  :p

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 13:58:22 »
I would prefer stepped capslock stays :3 I have my capslock remapped to | , and I'm not sure why I like stepped, but it just feels right to use. Also, Idr if I mentioned it, but it seems like a 2nd 2.25u shift is included in a lot of kits. IDK what it's for, but I know people ask me about it a decent bit.

For the worry about pricing, I'm really anticipating that it will be reasonable. Dyesub is already cheaper than doubleshotting, and it stands to reason that a GB should get better pricing than sets stocked on PMK. I'm speculating prices on par with or lower than Ice Cap, but we'll have to wait and see.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 14:02:16 »
I would prefer stepped capslock stays :3 I have my capslock remapped to | , and I'm not sure why I like stepped, but it just feels right to use. Also, Idr if I mentioned it, but it seems like a 2nd 2.25u shift is included in a lot of kits. IDK what it's for, but I know people ask me about it a decent bit.

For the worry about pricing, I'm really anticipating that it will be reasonable. Dyesub is already cheaper than doubleshotting, and it stands to reason that a GB should get better pricing than sets stocked on PMK. I'm speculating prices on par with or lower than Ice Cap, but we'll have to wait and see.
Ayy 1+ for stepped caps!

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:07:04 »

This is a little unknown at the moment. I don't want to either raise nor dash hopes, but here are some points of information from SP:

- Dyesub is apparently a little more labour intensive than double-shooting, so runs a little more expensive, however...
- This set has no new double-shot moulds so there is potential for saving there;
- GID is an additive to the resin so adds a little cost, but it's a "relatively small increase";
- SP have also never dye-subbed a fully profiled SA set so there will be some R&D needed once the tooling is complete;

I would say the first three may be a wash, net no significant variation in cost (famous last words!), however the dye-sub R&D to get the quality and yield up is clearly a known unknown - who knows what unknown unknowns are out there.

In other news:

- SP is going to release a new family data sheet (in fact they are calling this a new family) which should address the gaps in the current family sheet, however "it is not yet ready";
- My guess is there will be more size coverage on each of the rows, and potentially expanded surface finishes!
- Depends on how this works out GLOW SA will be one of the first sets using the new toys!

Overall, the take-home message is numbers will be known and quotes will be provided once the tooling is done. Now we bide our time and look at all the lovely examples of GID in the world and look for inspiration for the Novelties!

More

More

More

More

More

More

More

More
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:12:51 by emenelopee »

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:15:33 »
Also in the meantime, perhaps an [IC] for a Thermochromic set? A call-back to the Global Hypercolor T-Shirts of yesteryear which showed you exactly how hot and sweaty your armpits are!

EDIT: also the Hot Wheels cars that are best played with in the sink!
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:17:54 by emenelopee »

Offline soupymeatballs

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:49:37 »
Good to hear that progress is being made.

Thermochromic would be cool if it can be done well for keycaps.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 23:19:21 »

Surprisingly smooth with great feedback from the community! Though we haven't gotten to the hard part yet ...

As one final spam of the thread for the day, I finally tracked down this little number:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/gh60-luminous-case-clear-case-white-black-case-for-xd60-xd64-poker-poker2-poker3/32815241373.html

It's in my shopping cart while I check compatibility with boards and plates. Any idea if I can get an ortho-anything to fit? Alternatively any off shelf board with: programmable, split space, right shift, and backspace (in that order)

/derail

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 23:27:07 »

Surprisingly smooth with great feedback from the community! Though we haven't gotten to the hard part yet ...

As one final spam of the thread for the day, I finally tracked down this little number:

Show Image

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/gh60-luminous-case-clear-case-white-black-case-for-xd60-xd64-poker-poker2-poker3/32815241373.html

It's in my shopping cart while I check compatibility with boards and plates. Any idea if I can get an ortho-anything to fit? Alternatively any off shelf board with: programmable, split space, right shift, and backspace (in that order)

/derail
I just bought the case

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 23:49:03 »
Just now, or already bought and delivered? Do share your findings, it looks glorious.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 01:02:56 »
Just now, or already bought and delivered? Do share your findings, it looks glorious.

Just bought it. Will report back in a month or so!

Offline Sissy

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 03:21:06 »
Also in the meantime, perhaps an [IC] for a Thermochromic set? A call-back to the Global Hypercolor T-Shirts of yesteryear which showed you exactly how hot and sweaty your armpits are!

EDIT: also the Hot Wheels cars that are best played with in the sink!
There has been keys done before, unsure how they turned out in the end.
https://hidden-lab.com/page/thermochromic-keycap

Offline mogo

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 16:09:50 »

Show Image

/derail

I look forward to your feedback on this. I took one look at it and was immediately worried. It looks very thin and translucent. The dimness of the glow in this photo gives me the hunch that the glow doesn't sustain for very long. I'm just filled with all kinds of doubt! I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

In other news, I'm working on vectorizing some ideas for novelty legends, so... expect something from that later.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 16:23:23 »
The case itself, I believe, is the standard translucent case with the GID additive, which is why it looks so thin. The actual SP GID SA keycap I have looks very different, definitely not translucent. Afaik the overall effect dependent on the base resin.

Here is the case without the additive -- the base is translucent hence the thin-looking effect, alongside the keycap example which is nice and solid looking:

The current SP keycaps look like the Poison base images (skull+crossbones) in the OP - I definitely can't see through them, even holding up to the California sky. The GLOW set should be no different.

As to the sustainment of the glow, GID depends on how hard you charge it, but it does decay. I'm getting a UV light source to do some field tests of my own, UV pet pee-detecting torch arriving soon!

And thanks for getting some novelties together - looking forward to them!
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 20:57:18 by emenelopee »

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 20:56:38 »
Quick informal poll for ISO. Please vote with a +1 for any of a, b, or c:

a. 4 keys added to the base set: [ISOreturn], [|\], [Rshift], [~#]: this should ease the burden of general ISO, region specific would keys would make up a new NORDEUK set;
b. Take out the ANSI-specific keys to have a generic base set with add-ons for each region. I haven't fully explored this, but the ongoing ANSI/ISO bias/neglect looks like it can be reasonably fixed. Essentially the base set will have regional gaps around the usual places, with a kit for each ANSI/ISONOR/ISODE/ISOUK/etc. (would this break all the sub-genre 40%-ers?);
c. Leave it as-is, you perpetual tinkerer!

Note: Manufacturers add extra cost to each split. I don't know the exact amount (can anyone chime in?) but, bear in mind, at some point, adding a split would be more than paying for extra keys, but you get less plastic to store in a draw.

Thanking y'all kindly.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:03:17 »
Quick informal poll for ISO. Please vote with a +1 for any of a, b, or c:

a. 4 keys added to the base set: [ISOreturn], [|\], [Rshift], [~#]: this should ease the burden of general ISO, region specific would keys would make up a new NORDEUK set;
b. Take out the ANSI-specific keys to have a generic base set with add-ons for each region. I haven't fully explored this, but the ongoing ANSI/ISO bias/neglect looks like it can be reasonably fixed. Essentially the base set will have regional gaps around the usual places, with a kit for each ANSI/ISONOR/ISODE/ISOUK/etc. (would this break all the sub-genre 40%-ers?);
c. Leave it as-is, you perpetual tinkerer!

Note: Manufacturers add extra cost to each split. I don't know the exact amount (can anyone chime in?) but, bear in mind, at some point, adding a split would be more than paying for extra keys, but you get less plastic to store in a draw.

Thanking y'all kindly.

C.

Ill get back to you guys when the case arrives

Anyone know where i can get UV leds? (not just purple ones, unless that would work)

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:04:51 »
Also, Idr if I mentioned it, but it seems like a 2nd 2.25u shift is included in a lot of kits. IDK what it's for, but I know people ask me about it a decent bit.

I took another look at the kits - what is this 2.25 guy all about? TBH, I don't know what the 1.5 shift is for either...

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:24:31 »
Boards like the Leopold FC660M and the Clueboard use 2.25U shifts on both the left and the right side.