Author Topic: Election 2020  (Read 12751 times)

Offline yui

Re: Election 2020
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 01:28:44 »
maybe one day some peoples would start to questions
As usual, your response is 10% precisely correct and 90% falsely twisted and out of context. Your profile does not reveal where you live, but my guess is that your own government was created with at least some reliance on the US Constitution, the archetypal structure for a human democracy in the modern world. You would be hard pressed to find any similar document from the 1700s which has stood the test of time as well, flaws and all.

And in stark contrast, unlike any flavor of Bible, the Constitution does expect and account for the need to amend it, even though one of its greatest flaws is that it made the amendment process too cumbersome.
as i hint with azerty (and said in quite a few places) i live in France so no, the US constitution was actually based on the 1st french constitution, although we are now at the 5th because, well all 5 are ****ed in their own ways, and the bible was "amended" too, quite a bit.
your patriotism blinds you, not that many non US invaded countries based their constitutions on yours, true there are similarities but then all democracy should try to have a few subsets of the same rules (power to the peoples and human rights and all that) and we now have the proof that now the US constitution did not stand the test of time, look at the state of your politics, and this one looks to have done a bit better https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_the_Rights_of_Man_and_of_the_Citizen (1789 vs 1788, not too long after, and both based on the same original text).
and i used the bible to compare your and other patriot's fanaticism towards the constitution, it has become a religious icon to many in the US, i would not be surprised if peoples get shot because the put the constitution into question, like peoples got killed in various ways for questioning sacred texts in the middle ages. i guess that years and years of patriotic propaganda will not make for an easy time thinking outside of that bubble though...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 07:45:19 »
The right-wing propaganda bubble is anti-patriotic.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline bliss

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 11:13:07 »
Watching events unfold from across the pond, let me share my perspective.

I am taking the COVID angle because I think this was a major incentive for Biden supporters.

I've got friends in Florida (no Trump fanboys), who tell me they are actually worried what Biden will enact concerning COVID. I hear that restaurants and bars are well attended in FL, while few patrons are wearing masks. I thought, wait a minute, how does this work for them? This led me to research the Governor a bit: See, in Florida, I hear people are very happy with Ron DeSantis (R), who does everything to keep businesses open and running. Skimming DeSantis' Twitter, I found some interesting tweets:

1 Dr. Martin Kulldorff Discusses the Efficacy of Lockdowns During the COVID-19 Pandemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktdzcx3crW0
takeaway: lockdowns not a silver bullet

2 COVID survival rates by age group:
0-19: 99.997%
20-49: 99.98%
50-69: 99.5%
70+: 94.6%
source: CDC via Ron DeSantis Twitter, Sep 23

^ To be honest, I have never seen these numbers before and they let me relax quite a bit. Accordingly, in FL the risk group of the elderly receives special attention. And it follows that closing schools makes zero sense, happening in Europe (as long as you separate pupils and their grand parents)

My point is, FL is doing fine, with minimum restricitions for the populace, without lockdowns.

So America is headed for the same 1984-style repression scheme that is already in place here in Europe (writing this out of a l/d), just to get rid of The Donald? I thought personal freedom was valued much higher ... say hello to curfew passes and goodbye to coupling opportunities!

Meanwhile Biden can't even enforce his precious COVID rules on his own friggin podium

And finally, I am in a selfish way happy with his election (fraudulent or not) because my shares are soaring again... thank you very much!
Good luck to us all...

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 12:12:31 »
I don't think the situation with COVID19 is so simple. There are multiple strains going around, some more contagious than others and some more lethal than others.

The idea of having lockdowns and wearing masks comes originally from east Asia where those measures had been effective in curbing the spread of SARS back in 2003 and 2017. Because of their experience the authorities had been able to respond quickly. These countries also have a custom of wearing a mask if you are sick, so cheap masks have been available to purchase everywhere, as well as a tradition of trusting authority and doing what they are told.
Over there, it has paid off. Japan has 1840 deaths out of 125,960,000 people, South Korea has 485 and Taiwan has 7 (SEVEN!!).

Florida has 17179 deaths. 7.3 times as many as those countries, with a tenth of the population, and infection rates are rising.
That's 38% more per capita than over here in Sweden, where people also don't wear masks, and which also never had any substantial lockdown. Infection rates are rising here too.

And BTW, I watched part of Biden's speech on the news. Biden had worn his mask to the podium, and had taken it off there.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2020, 12:26:38 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 20:02:27 »
Political Coup ?

Is it happening ? thoughts ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:04:12 »
I suspect McConnell has some serious back room discussions happening right about now.
Give the system time to work, if that fails keep faith, our military swears an oath to protect against enemies both foreign and domestic. Taking out a few generals at the pentagon won't change that.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 09:49:05 »
I suspect McConnell has some serious back room discussions happening right about now.
Give the system time to work, if that fails keep faith, our military swears an oath to protect against enemies both foreign and domestic. Taking out a few generals at the pentagon won't change that.

The pentagon is overwhelmingly repooplican'ts though.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 11:52:54 »
A military coup in the US in this age would be really bad. I don't see it happening, but then I didn't think a reality star would win the presidency. Doubtful these guys would risk their 50year careers for a crybaby, but again there could be ulterior motives.

Offline yui

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 01:27:38 »
i can tell you for free that a military coup in the US would not make anyone in power there look any better from the outside, actually likely much worse, but hey right now everything is possible, nothing can surprise me anymore, i think with the exception maybe of tp mellowing out.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 02:38:41 »
A military coup in the US in this age would be really bad. I don't see it happening, but then I didn't think a reality star would win the presidency. Doubtful these guys would risk their 50year careers for a crybaby, but again there could be ulterior motives.

lol they're all like 75 and rich and have committed to destroying the earth as we know it, what the **** do they care? they all got it made in the shade for life
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 08:48:10 »
i can tell you for free that a military coup in the US would not make anyone in power there look any better from the outside, actually likely much worse, but hey right now everything is possible, nothing can surprise me anymore, i think with the exception maybe of tp mellowing out.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 08:58:05 »
lol they're all like 75 and CORRUPT and have committed to destroying the earth as we know it, what the **** do they care? they all got it made in the shade for life

FTFY,    Humans are really ****ty AIs, eventually, they hit core-corruption and need to be powered down.