Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624516 times)

Offline BlueBär

Re: GH60 Group Buy (PRODUCTION)
« Reply #3000 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 08:43:44 »
Is that the final revision?

Rev. B, so no.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3001 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 08:45:50 »
This is such a beautiful PCB.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is that the final revision? 

No, that is Rev. B
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #3002 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 08:45:59 »
Ah right...  Thanks
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Infallible

« Reply #3003 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 08:50:38 »
Mod Edit: content removed.  Please do not sell your items outside of the Classifieds, trying to bypass the 60-post minimum rule.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 12:04:17 by Photoelectric »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3004 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:01:21 »
Can't do that infallible. You can only sell in the Classifieds.

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #3005 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:30:37 »
Hi guys. So for those who discovered geekhack a bit too late and missed this like me , is there a way to purchase the GH60 PCB? Looking at building my own keyboard but I only know half of the whole process, tools and required parts. Too lazy to read 100 pages :p
Are there other 60% PCBs like this?
Sorry for being a noob, still learning about keyboards.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3006 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:32:55 »
Hi guys. So for those who discovered geekhack a bit too late and missed this like me , is there a way to purchase the GH60 PCB? Looking at building my own keyboard but I only know half of the whole process, tools and required parts. Too lazy to read 100 pages :p
Are there other 60% PCBs like this?
Sorry for being a noob, still learning about keyboards.

It's open source, so you can have your own made.  There are also some in various stages of development floating around Taobao.  Then there are sure to be some in the Classifieds once the GB actually ships.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #3007 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 23:36:55 »
so whatever was decided regarding the color of the pcbs? white? purple?

i am glad i ordered 2 with all the fixings. got some nice cases for them as well. but i am going to procure an ergo dox soon so who knows if i will keep using 60%s. its a crazy keyboard world out there folks.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline gugelhupf

« Reply #3008 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 07:50:29 »
Are i am still able to order a GH60?
CM Storm Quickfire TK - Blues

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3009 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 07:50:57 »

No.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3010 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 07:53:34 »

No.

But they will be widely available once they're released. Both on classifieds and through mechanicalkeyboards.com.

Offline gugelhupf

« Reply #3011 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 08:35:20 »
How long will i have to wait to geht one oft these. Sorry but i am New in this segment and i only found this to geht a ANSI layout with ISO in FN. Hope you geht what i Jean.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3012 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 08:38:09 »
How long will i have to wait to geht one oft these. Sorry but i am New in this segment and i only found this to geht a ANSI layout with ISO in FN. Hope you geht what i Jean.

Couple of months at the very least I'd say. None of the PCB's or plates for the GB haven't been done yet and the final pcb files aren't being released till everyone from the GB has theirs in hand.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline gugelhupf

« Reply #3013 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 08:55:09 »
Alright thanks a lot. Then i will just wait. :)

Offline geogga

« Reply #3014 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 09:22:11 »

No.

But they will be widely available once they're released. Both on classifieds and through mechanicalkeyboards.com.
Mechanical keyboards? That's awesome! I hope It is available toward summer/end of school year so I can experience building my own keyboard.
Will this be mass produced? Or will it be like waves of production every couple months or so?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3015 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 09:35:58 »

No.

Mechanical keyboards? That's awesome! I hope It is available toward summer/end of school year so I can experience building my own keyboard.
Will this be mass produced? Or will it be like waves of production every couple months or so?

Once the backers of this group buy get their PCB's, all of the files will be open-sourced. Anyone will be able to print them.

Offline geogga

« Reply #3016 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 09:57:09 »
Hm... I see...that's great, so other than cases (a alu from tex would suit me well or one from spirit GB), PCB (this), and plate(off imsto) and switches and keycaps I think I could build this in the near future, maybe during presidents week or spring break. By then I will most likely know how to build one and do different mods to it.
Thanks riot!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3017 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:01:24 »
Hm... I see...that's great, so other than cases (a alu from tex would suit me well or one from spirit GB), PCB (this), and plate(off imsto) and switches and keycaps I think I could build this in the near future, maybe during presidents week or spring break. By then I will most likely know how to build one and do different mods to it.
Thanks riot!

don't forget the stabilizers, and you don't have to have a plate you can go PCB mount also.

Offline geogga

« Reply #3018 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 13:11:20 »
Thanks riot!

don't forget the stabilizers, and you don't have to have a plate you can go PCB mount also.

Oh I see, you don't necessarily need a plate.

I forgot stabs, thanks for the reminder. The ones found on IMSTO's website are the normal stabs, where do I find spacebar stabs? I have yet to watch a KMAC assembly video,barter that I think questions will be answered.
Also, with a fully assembled keyboard, is it the PCB or plate that shows the background color behind the keycaps?
On spirits GB, there are options for different color plates (acrylic and alu) and PCBs, I'd like to know why there are options and which one will show if you look at the keyboard from a birds eye view?

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #3019 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 13:19:33 »
Hey guys I got ignored. What is the color of the final version of the PCB?
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3020 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 13:21:56 »

white IIRC

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3021 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:01:34 »

white IIRC
I hope you're WRONG! :/
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3022 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:06:40 »

white IIRC
I hope you're WRONG! :/

I am still wondering what the results of the poll for the pcb color was?

Um, white! Yes, that must be the winner. :)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3023 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:09:40 »
Ugh. Guess I'll get some Taobao ones and sell the white ones.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3024 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:18:23 »

Your probably going to use a plate and never see that color again once you setup your board.  :P

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3025 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:26:23 »

Your probably going to use a plate and never see that color again once you setup your board.  :P
But I'll know it's there  :))

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3026 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:41:16 »

But I'll know it's there  :))

Haha...  First world problems...

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3027 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 21:57:42 »
So will we see these before we hit the one year mark in this thread? i mean ill say please no rush but i'm not going to lie, i am wanting these more each month goes by past the original "ETA for all parts will be around September " mark. I have nothing but respect for the organizers--even WFD who has seemed to disappear completely i am guessing because of (grad?) school and work; but i think i'm still allowed to say im disappointed without insulting anyone.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3028 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:03:17 »
So will we see these before we hit the one year mark in this thread? i mean ill say please no rush but i'm not going to lie, i am wanting these more each month goes by past the original "ETA for all parts will be around September " mark. I have nothing but respect for the organizers--even WFD who has seemed to disappear completely i am guessing because of (grad?) school and work; but i think i'm still allowed to say im disappointed without insulting anyone.

Same thoughts here. Especially with PCBs showing up on other sites
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline geogga

« Reply #3029 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:09:19 »

Hi beast, do you know which websites? I feel that PCBs are the hardest to find out of all the parts of a keyboard so I kinda wanna stock up for 2-3 keyboards

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #3030 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:12:11 »

Hi beast, do you know which websites? I feel that PCBs are the hardest to find out of all the parts of a keyboard so I kinda wanna stock up for 2-3 keyboards
Taobao, you will need a proxy though.

Purple
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.YmLqNS&id=36383139120

White
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.YmLqNS&id=20184262735

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3031 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:12:49 »

that's a pretty good summary for me as well. I've been dying for the GH60's since last February once someone told me about it in IRC back then. No frustration with the organizers, they have done fabulous jobs with organization and keeping it all straight forward, it's just time hasn't been on our side. I literally bought my Poker from JD as a temporary board to last me until September 2013..and well... :))

it's all ok and fine with me, once they drop, everything should be near perfection and we will be saying it was well worth the wait. :)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #3032 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:16:06 »
So, as it stands what is going on in this group buy? Is there going to be a final revision and then it's pretty much over and everything ships?

What are the known bugs of revision b, since those are the revisions that are showing up everywhere.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3033 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:16:15 »

that's a pretty good summary for me as well. I've been dying for the GH60's since last February once someone told me about it in IRC back then. No frustration with the organizers, they have done fabulous jobs with organization and keeping it all straight forward, it's just time hasn't been on our side. I literally bought my Poker from JD as a temporary board to last me until September 2013..and well... :))

it's all ok and fine with me, once they drop, everything should be near perfection and we will be saying it was well worth the wait. :)

Having a proto PCB, I can personally say that they are really really well designed!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #3034 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:28:41 »
Can't believe this is still going.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3035 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:42:59 »
Having a proto PCB, I can personally say that they are really really well designed!

I'd die for a proto, need me some 1.5 mods on 60%

Can't believe this is still going.

alive and breathing o.O

Offline geogga

« Reply #3036 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 22:46:02 »

Purple

White

Hey it's you! Thanks for those links. PCB color doesn't matter right? Just the plate is visible if I remember correctly, unless you have a acrylic case.
Aren't proxys like those places where ship you the product you bought? Maybe I could
Qtan. I believe he is my only source for getting taobao ish.

So what's the consensus on rev. b boards? Could I just get it now or will the final production board have changes that will make me want to wait?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3037 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 00:08:23 »
Not every GH60 is going to use a plate, i know one of mine is going plate-less (just 1 of them).  So more or less the PCB color can matter for some because that will show; For example i have a RACE which doesn't have a plate and is white back lit, you can clearly see the red PCB, its very obvious. Also you have people who have clear cases or just like to take keyboard porn and want a color they like (see PCB picture thread)

i think white is fine, white or black or silver is cool with me.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #3038 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 12:33:41 »

Purple

White

I am not capable of reading Chinese and with google translate I am still missing some of the details on this page.
do these come with all the smd components pre soldered?
The pics of the purple one has everything on it already...

Offline geogga

« Reply #3039 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 21:51:52 »

Purple

White

I am not capable of reading Chinese and with google translate I am still missing some of the details on this page.
do these come with all the smd components pre soldered?
The pics of the purple one has everything on it already...
quote from OP
"Assembly
 The PCBs will come with all SMD preassembled, including diodes. Switches and LEDs will require your own soldering. If you’re brave and want to do the SMD soldering yourself, PCB and a bag of SMT components will be cheaper. There will be options for assembly service if you cannot build it yourself.

If you’re assembling it yourself, the minimum equipment you’ll need is a Weller WLC-100 soldering station/iron and Rosin-core solder (smaller than 0.04" diameter). Although it is doable with cheap $15 irons, that’s not recommended. In addition to the PCB, you will need the following to complete the build:
Switches
Stabilizers
Case
Keycaps
Plate (optional)
mini-B USB cable."

I hope those two Taobao links are what described above. I'll talk to qtan and see if he can get me a white PCB. Translating wise I don't think he or any chinese fellow would want to translate that whole thing lol

« Last Edit: Sun, 19 January 2014, 09:42:09 by geogga »

Offline Dsan

« Reply #3040 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 14:06:49 »
This is such a beautiful PCB.
Show Image

Wow,that's hot :D

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3041 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 15:22:46 »
so what is the latest news if there is any

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3042 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 06:24:28 »
so is the pcb testing final now?

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #3043 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 09:32:45 »
yes;)
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3044 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 09:34:53 »
yes;)

Have the plates and PCB's been ordered yet?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #3045 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 09:36:27 »
As for PCB, I'll order them just after the Chinese New Year holidays.
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #3046 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 10:17:49 »
waiting GH60 Part3 i hope sir.komar007 make symmetry :p
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline wrwhoami

« Reply #3047 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 10:58:12 »
PRODUCTION IS GOOD
I WAIT A LONG TIME! :'(

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3048 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 11:24:02 »
yes;)

As for PCB, I'll order them just after the Chinese New Year holidays.

THANK YOU!

Offline Muffet

• Man of many paths
« Reply #3049 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 12:15:46 »
Does this mean I can get some actual final measurements so I can finally design a case for it? Please?

Painted QFR    Cherry ML for Work