Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624544 times)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4000 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:01:30 »
You guys sure are ****s. Yeah, the GB is delayed as hell, but how do you think the organizers feel about it, holding everyone's money and unable to deliver? Do you think they don't want to get this over with and give everyone their god damn boards? Do you really think mocking them will get anyone anywhere? Give it a rest already.

If that's how you feel, send me $120 and I'll get you an asembled Phantom.  Don't worry if I disappear for six months with no updates or tell you to be patient after a year because I'm having a hard time sourcing a Teensy I should have bought at the start of things. 

^^this
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline bear95

« Reply #4001 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:05:38 »
Also, this may be an unrelated question but is buying stabilizers or any keyboard parts for the matter cheaper in korea?

Only the Koreans may know the answer...

When I see your username:

Show Image

Heh, thats actually pretty sweet! This is actually just a random username my dad made dor me when I was little.

I actually moved to korea somewhat recently for college. I should probably check out some electronic centers :P. I wonder if any places might have a stockpile for sale at a decent price and perhaps I can help provide costar stabs for this gb heh heh heh.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4002 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:06:00 »
You guys sure are ****s. Yeah, the GB is delayed as hell, but how do you think the organizers feel about it, holding everyone's money and unable to deliver? Do you think they don't want to get this over with and give everyone their god damn boards? Do you really think mocking them will get anyone anywhere? Give it a rest already.

If that's how you feel, send me $120 and I'll get you an asembled Phantom.  Don't worry if I disappear for six months with no updates or tell you to be patient after a year because I'm having a hard time sourcing a Teensy I should have bought at the start of things. 

^^this

**** FORUM TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS) ****

Trolling - Trolling can be defined as when a member posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent or consequence of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Trolling can also be accomplished by harassing another member by following them through various threads, creating threads directed at another member or group of members, or intentionally creating the same thread in various forums despite being warned or told to post in the correct forum.  Members who feel they are being "trolled" should contact a moderator immediately, as this is the only effective way to prevent this behavior.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4003 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:08:04 »

^^this

**** FORUM TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS) ****

Trolling - Trolling can be defined as when a member posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent or consequence of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Trolling can also be accomplished by harassing another member by following them through various threads, creating threads directed at another member or group of members, or intentionally creating the same thread in various forums despite being warned or told to post in the correct forum.  Members who feel they are being "trolled" should contact a moderator immediately, as this is the only effective way to prevent this behavior.

I'm venting...

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #4004 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:10:26 »
I see this is still going on...
Keyboardless

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4005 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:11:40 »
I see this is still going on...

and will still be going on next year...

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4006 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:16:36 »
I <3 U boost, but

feel free to vent...somewhere else.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4007 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:17:26 »
I <3 U boost, but

We have a thread for this!

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50202.0

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4008 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:17:50 »
I <3 U boost, but

ok :D

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #4009 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:27:26 »
ok :D

vent about things in irc with me   ;D

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #4010 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:46:04 »
Costar stabs going to be transformed to cherry plate stabs?
(got to know if i will need to order with ivan)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4011 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:47:00 »
Costar stabs going to be transformed to cherry plate stabs?
(got to know if i need to order with ivan)

Correct.

in memoriam

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #4012 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:47:23 »
Excellent, thanks.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4013 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 12:59:10 »
Just to confirm... the GH60 team and myself are working on getting the Cherry stabilizer issue resolved. If you had an existing order for Cherry stabilizers here you do not need to order again from the Cherry Stabilizers groupbuy thread unless you wanted to ADD more. ETA for stabs will be something like another 4-6 weeks since I will be having them shipped along with the Dolch keycaps order.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4014 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 13:41:57 »

Um, Mr. (Ms.) mkaito with 87 post to your name, have YOU run the largest GB logistics and shipping operation in the history of GeekHack?  No, that was me.*

I know all of the people involved, and very much more about how this process works than you.  So do JD and Nub.  I asked a reasonable question in a reasonable (IMHO) tone.  TJCaustin knows what he is doing, and earned his title of King Klaxon through feats of action, not words.  (Actually, talking to tjcaustin, my tone was VERY measured.)

If The King decides to reply to me with "godammit Ron, all of the PCBs are in one goddam box, and I'm not busting it open just for the people who aren't having assembly done" then I'll say, fair enough.

When you have a wall of custom and rare keyboards behind YOUR desk, then and only then can you accuse others of mocking or being ****s.

Also, oh look.  I am an Admin here.  Flagged for moderation.

- Ron | samwisekoi

* [edit] To be fair, that might have been TJ, with his awesome "wheel of sorting" process.  One of the two of us, anyhow.

My real concern with sending some orders before others (and partial orders get the added "benefit" of double shipping if I did this...) is logistics.  I think we can both agree part of the major success of DSA retro was the from-the-ground-up ordering platform that matt3o made for it. 

Meaning that I worry cherry-picking orders out of a 200+ line google spreadsheet might be more fraught than I want to deal with.  Especially if I goof up and get my lines crossed or forget to remove an entry after shipping it.

So yeah.  I'm organizing, trying to figure out a game plan and setting up from there, same as when I posted last time. 

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4015 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 07:45:44 »

Um, Mr. (Ms.) mkaito with 87 post to your name, have YOU run the largest GB logistics and shipping operation in the history of GeekHack?  No, that was me.*

I know all of the people involved, and very much more about how this process works than you.  So do JD and Nub.  I asked a reasonable question in a reasonable (IMHO) tone.  TJCaustin knows what he is doing, and earned his title of King Klaxon through feats of action, not words.  (Actually, talking to tjcaustin, my tone was VERY measured.)

If The King decides to reply to me with "godammit Ron, all of the PCBs are in one goddam box, and I'm not busting it open just for the people who aren't having assembly done" then I'll say, fair enough.

When you have a wall of custom and rare keyboards behind YOUR desk, then and only then can you accuse others of mocking or being ****s.

Also, oh look.  I am an Admin here.  Flagged for moderation.

- Ron | samwisekoi

* [edit] To be fair, that might have been TJ, with his awesome "wheel of sorting" process.  One of the two of us, anyhow.

My real concern with sending some orders before others (and partial orders get the added "benefit" of double shipping if I did this...) is logistics.  I think we can both agree part of the major success of DSA retro was the from-the-ground-up ordering platform that matt3o made for it. 

Meaning that I worry cherry-picking orders out of a 200+ line google spreadsheet might be more fraught than I want to deal with.  Especially if I goof up and get my lines crossed or forget to remove an entry after shipping it.

So yeah.  I'm organizing, trying to figure out a game plan and setting up from there, same as when I posted last time. 

Surely a formula can be created to split the "Master" excel file in several categories and BAM, no cherry-picking...Pretty sure if you need to get this done someone will be willing to help.

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4016 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:32:53 »
I see you got your hand raised boost  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4017 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:46:36 »

No he's just the idea man. It's up to any and every one else to do things.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #4018 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 12:23:19 »
The difficulty with creating a formula in Excel to do that is that the final column isn't consistent (I know because I've just done it).  It's easy enough to sort it by the rows that do and don't have "stab" in Column T but there are some people that have ordered stabilizers that haven't used the word stab in their order (i.e. Row 102 says "1 x cherry PCB-mounted, 6.25x spacbar [sic] wire") which wouldn't be picked up by a formula simply looking for the word stab
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #4019 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 14:30:52 »
What about exporting it to a text table. Then you can use grep to throw away all lines that contain items you can't ship for now, until you have only lines of orders with items that are ready to ship.

Ideally you should put each line into a separate file in a directory named orders/. When packed, they are moved to packed/ and when shipped to shipped/.  Write a script that moves the orders. Same for generating address stickers and content lists.
:-)
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4020 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 16:03:17 »
What about exporting it to a text table. Then you can use grep to throw away all lines that contain items you can't ship for now, until you have only lines of orders with items that are ready to ship.

Ideally you should put each line into a separate file in a directory named orders/. When packed, they are moved to packed/ and when shipped to shipped/.  Write a script that moves the orders. Same for generating address stickers and content lists.

Unfortunately he does not have 7bot at his disposal.  :P

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #4021 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 16:46:23 »
what about manually looking at each row and adding values to additional columns as needed manually. I already did it once and could do it again in about a hour.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4022 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 16:50:57 »
what about manually looking at each row and adding values to additional columns as needed manually. I already did it once and could do it again in about a hour.
JESUS DOMO!!! I'm just an IdEA man  :p
Haven't seen you around in a while, how you been?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4023 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 14:23:55 »

No excel for me but can get it done in python...No need to make another excuse on why you can't send out "PCB ONLY" orders...

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4024 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 17:05:52 »

No excel for me but can get it done in python...No need to make another excuse on why you can't send out "PCB ONLY" orders...

Fine, "excuse" free:  I'm not doing it.  Be patient like the people waiting for parts.  Or don't.  It won't accelerate the process.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4025 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 21:02:34 »

Fine, "excuse" free:  I'm not doing it.  Be patient like the people waiting for parts.  Or don't.  It won't accelerate the process.

Why do pcb only orders need to wait until everything comes in besides not wanting to cherry pick orders?

Just trying to understand.

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline nil

« Reply #4026 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 12:47:09 »

Not saying to do this, but actually the best solution is to export the current file into a .csv. Then you load up the file into some programming language (say Python) as a pandas data frame/numpy array, make a new column called "status", and grep the "order" vector for stuff to auto-set a subset of orders as "packed", and leave the rest as "pending", etc. Then any time you'd like, you can export the data frame/array back as a .csv which can be imported back in a spreadsheet.
Keyboard: On the perpetual, holy grail quest for my own GH60.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #4027 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 13:12:28 »

Can you define 'parts'?  Is it just stabs (which I haven't ordered) that are being waited on now or is there something else delaying me getting what I paid for over a year ago?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4028 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 14:27:43 »

Can you define 'parts'?  Is it just stabs (which I haven't ordered) that are being waited on now or is there something else delaying me getting what I paid for over a year ago?

I'm getting very tired of your passive-aggressive posts in this thread, GeorgeK. So, I'm going to explain this to you, even though, with your attitude, you don't really deserve an explanation.

It's not TJ's fault that WFD opened the GB, took orders, and collected payments way too soon. If you want to ***** at someone, ***** at WFD. TJ only agreed to collect the payments, that's all. He did that at my request, as a favor to a friend (me). Much later, TJ volunteered to take over WFD's portion of the assembly and shipping, due to the fact that WFD had disappeared. When I mentioned to TJ that I didn't know how I was going to assemble and ship my portion, due to work and family obligations, he volunteered to take over those, as well. So, really, no one has the right to be pissed off at TJ for trying to pick up the pieces of a broken group buy. He and komar are still working hard to get all the orders that people paid for, yes - over a year ago, shipped out to them.

Your order, GeorgeK, since you are located in the UK, will be shipped by komar007, not by tjcaustin. komar doesn't even have all the pieces of your order to ship to you, because TJ is waiting to receive all the various components before he can ship the portion of those that go to komar to him. TJ is not going to ship plates and switches to komar, without having the stabilizers to send with them. It's really that simple.

For everyone else, TJ has a lot going on before he can ship anything. He has to sort out the switches, which right now are just sitting in boxes, 2000 of these, 1200 of those, etc. He has to get all the plates, switches and stabilizers that need to go to komar separated out, so that he can send them that way, for komar to be able to ship those orders that he is responsible for shipping. Even though you guys don't always see what is going on behind the scenes, things are still moving forward. Would you rather someone take the time it takes to write out a long wall of text like this, or would you prefer they use that time toward getting things sorted, stabilizer orders collated and ordered, etc.?

/rant

in memoriam

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #4029 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 14:46:29 »
Your order, GeorgeK, since you are located in the UK, will be shipped by komar007, not by tjcaustin.  komar doesn't even have all the pieces of your order to ship to you

That was literally all I needed to know.  I know that was probably made clear a few thousand posts ago but it must have passed me by.  I don't blame tjcaustin for holding up this groupbuy but surely he must have been able to tell me this himself?  I think it's a lack of communication that's causing the most aggravation at this stage, not a lack of progress.

If I have annoyed you in any way please accept my sincerest apologies (and I genuinely mean that - sometimes online sarcasm and sincerity can become confused but in this case it's definitely sincerity I'm trying to get across).

Regards

GK

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4030 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 14:54:22 »
You guys and your complex solutions... when I do my buys, I also use googledocs. There is this amazing feature of making order rows into another color. Here I use this complex system of invoiced orders in red, then change to yellow when paid, then to green when I have shipped it. WOW.
I can send the stabs along with keycaps from my buys for all of those that also happen to be in this one if desired. I suspect that would be a good number of orders in that case. I just need to take some time to crosscheck orders and share it back if that would be convenient. That way all PCB, or PCB and plate only orders could be shipped now, along with those that are in my buys and this one. That would leave only those that are not and those that wanted full assembly left to be shipped out at a later time.
There are going to be people whining either way for having to wait or for others getting things first so... Personally I would prefer to stagger sending things out over a bit more relaxed shipping schedule but it's not my call.

Offline osxoep

« Reply #4031 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 16:11:51 »
I know that was probably made clear a few thousand posts ago but it must have passed me by.
It was in post 1 since the start of the GB
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #4032 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 16:22:41 »
To be honest I forgot that - not hard to do when it was posted 16 months ago

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4033 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 16:26:19 »

I'm getting very tired of your passive-aggressive posts in this thread, GeorgeK. So, I'm going to explain this to you, even though, with your attitude, you don't really deserve an explanation.

It's not TJ's fault that WFD opened the GB, took orders, and collected payments way too soon. If you want to ***** at someone, ***** at WFD. TJ only agreed to collect the payments, that's all. He did that at my request, as a favor to a friend (me). Much later, TJ volunteered to take over WFD's portion of the assembly and shipping, due to the fact that WFD had disappeared. When I mentioned to TJ that I didn't know how I was going to assemble and ship my portion, due to work and family obligations, he volunteered to take over those, as well. So, really, no one has the right to be pissed off at TJ for trying to pick up the pieces of a broken group buy. He and komar are still working hard to get all the orders that people paid for, yes - over a year ago, shipped out to them.

Your order, GeorgeK, since you are located in the UK, will be shipped by komar007, not by tjcaustin. komar doesn't even have all the pieces of your order to ship to you, because TJ is waiting to receive all the various components before he can ship the portion of those that go to komar to him. TJ is not going to ship plates and switches to komar, without having the stabilizers to send with them. It's really that simple.

For everyone else, TJ has a lot going on before he can ship anything. He has to sort out the switches, which right now are just sitting in boxes, 2000 of these, 1200 of those, etc. He has to get all the plates, switches and stabilizers that need to go to komar separated out, so that he can send them that way, for komar to be able to ship those orders that he is responsible for shipping. Even though you guys don't always see what is going on behind the scenes, things are still moving forward. Would you rather someone take the time it takes to write out a long wall of text like this, or would you prefer they use that time toward getting things sorted, stabilizer orders collated and ordered, etc.?

/rant

+1. Everyone needs to chill the **** out. We are getting good progress and good enough updates now. We will get what we paid for BECAUSE tj took over, so let the guy work and stop *****ing.

/rant

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #4034 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 16:49:47 »
I know I'm not the only one more than a little annoyed about the lack of updates / speed.  Whilst I now know that my order cannot be sent as komar doesn't have everything to send me that doesn't explain to all the US people who only ordered pcbs or pcbs and plates as to why they can't have their stuff.  I'll let them take it up from here as I've leant what sticking my head above the parapet gets you.

To be honest this will be the last post I make in this thread - I've said my bit and I'll just wait quietly now like a good boy...

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4035 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:06:06 »
J.D., a wall of text has been needed to be put in the first post ever since something went wrong with this group buy. And that wall of text should be updated from time to time to let people know what is going on.
I have had no clue as to what has been going on simply because I don't care to sit here and read through a bunch of whine and questions to find that one piece of annoyed reply from someone that is affiliated with the group buy organizer(s). However; I have also not really cared as to what has been going on because I trust in the fact that you guys are excellent at figuring out a solution for problems. It still leaves people uncomfortable when they read that someone that originally started the buy has dropped the group buy after receiving the funds and that some of the stuff has arrived in the states, but some are still left in china.
So again, it was needed, and it is still needed. Transparency is at high demand as this group buy has gone through changes that might scare people that have invested an amount of money that matters to them.

I for one appreciate the work being done behind the scenes. But I don't appreciate people projecting their frustration towards each other based on a loosely worded sentence or phrase.

Thanks to everyone that is working on getting this group buy sorted. And I really hope it isn't too much of a headache for you guys/girls.
Keep up the great work!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4036 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:40:02 »
Thank you, Glissant, and swill, and everyone else who is also frustrated but waiting patiently until everything gets sorted. To be honest, I thought people knew this is what was happening while we wait. I don't know why I assumed that, but I guess I thought that with the updates we had given, and the information people already had about what the process was, that all this was well known. Sorry I didn't make this all clearer before.

in memoriam

Offline TDub

« Reply #4037 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 06:24:44 »
Considering that this whole thing would have simply broken down without jd and tj stepping up and no one would get anything any time soon (if at all), i think gratitude is the only acceptable reaction here. Yes it is taking long and we are all impatient to get our hands on the GH60, but its a group buy organized by normal people with normal lives, who invest a hell of a lot of their free time into get us what we want and they don't need to justify why they don't want to spend even more time shipping some of it without stabs. This isn't the first group buy to take a long time and everyone involved knew there was a risk this would take longer (especially considering the PCB was still under development when the buy started).

To summarize:
+1. Everyone needs to chill the **** out.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4038 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 12:32:20 »
Considering that this whole thing would have simply broken down without jd and tj stepping up and no one would get anything any time soon (if at all), i think gratitude is the only acceptable reaction here. Yes it is taking long and we are all impatient to get our hands on the GH60, but its a group buy organized by normal people with normal lives, who invest a hell of a lot of their free time into get us what we want and they don't need to justify why they don't want to spend even more time shipping some of it without stabs. This isn't the first group buy to take a long time and everyone involved knew there was a risk this would take longer (especially considering the PCB was still under development when the buy started).

This. ^^ (emphasis added)

This is not the first time that TJ has gone above and beyond to make sure that a GB doesn't collapse.  As someone who has money in this buy -- and who has run group buys in the past but doesn't anymore due to time and hassle -- I am extremely grateful that he was willing to step up.

There was an issue with communicating the current state of things, but I think that has now been resolved, yes?  So let's stop complaining and making TJ regret his decision to help all of us out.  This is not a retail transaction, it is a community project run by volunteers that we have all bought into.  Sometimes these things go off the rails, and you have to be ready to accept that when you click "send" on paypal.

Let's have less accusatory complaining and more gratitude and constructive suggestions.  Huge thanks to those who are being positive and offering to help.

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #4039 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 08:15:33 »
While I can certainly appreciate communication of the status, especially after having paid long ago, I do have questions that relate but are just due to my having taken orders from others that didn't wait.

I would have purchased all the parts as well just to simplify things but did not have that option with the orders I took over. Is there a preferred place for purchasing the parts missing?
For instance: Between the 3 orders I only have one with quantity 2 Corsair stabs. I will need stabs for all 4 of my boards. Where did we end up with those? Or are we switching over to all Cherry?  I would honestly like to have all the same type. 3 GH60 plates and a Pure so need... 4 6" and 3 2" right?
Only one is a DIY kit the others are boards both bare bones and SMT done. I think I read that right - I should be getting 4 with SMT done and 2 bare. Can someone check that and make sure I'm right? Trying to understand what I need for diodes.
Then there obviously is all the other parts for 3 other boards I would like to match the 1 set of parts I was supposed to get. I guess what I am asking is can I get a list of where the parts are sourced and part numbers so I can make sure to have then consistent?
Then I have the one plate that is a pure and would rather a GH60 since I know those were just done (again for consistency) can someone point me to how to get one more plate made by the same company and stock?

I really appreciate the help!
GH60 Nevermore

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #4040 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 09:33:28 »
There was an issue with communicating the current state of things, but I think that has now been resolved, yes?  So let's stop complaining and making TJ regret his decision to help all of us out. 

I apologize if I come off as a jerk. And I do appreciate this is a large undertaking and there is a lot of work that needs to be done.

But please remember it's only really communication if it's continued and maintained with updates. We got an updated after a long period of silence. Let's hope it continues.

I'm looking forwards to receiving my GH60 when it's all resolved. Keep at it.  :thumb:

Offline hisea

« Reply #4041 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 20:23:57 »
Don't know if this is the right place, but I wonder if it's too late to get an order in. I really want one.

Thanks

Offline mkaito

« Reply #4042 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 20:36:52 »
Orders closed a year ago. Boards should show up in classifieds once they are shipped.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4043 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 20:48:30 »
Orders closed a year ago. Boards should show up in classifieds once they are shipped.

My current recommendation:  get the FaceW from Sprit, it will show up faster and has more functionality.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4044 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 13:46:40 »
I have a question for the powers that be. Is Komar still waiting on his rev3 pcb in order to test the led module prototype?

Is there anyway a few of us could chip in a few bucks to get his shipped to him one off to allow him to test the led module prototype?

depending on how much it is to ship this to him I would be willing to pay for it. please let me know if I am over stepping my bounds.

Edit: nevermind I found this a few pages back...

Yes, TJ has half of the PCBs, and the other half is waiting in China. I will get this half shipped to myself once I know the plates are ready to be sent to me, so no worries here. I was responsible for the production of PCBs and part of distribution. The PCBs are produced, and distribution on my side can't start before I receive the stuff I wasn't responsible for.
I hope you understand that I won't take responsibility for purchases and money transfers which are already being handled thousands of kilometers away from myself. I'm as sad as you are not having my GH60s and being unable to test the LED module which is sitting on my desk waiting and I have also paid for stuff I haven't received yet.
I have already organized some help with the non-US non-Canada distribution to get things shipped faster and I'll be considering sending stuff without stabs first if they don't come early enough.

It is very easy to loose track of this kind of stuff, in this many pages. If you need any help please let me know.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:37:00 by domoaligato »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #4045 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 00:50:21 »
What are the chances the GH60 could be hacked to add an esc/function row with Enabler PCB's? I've always wanted something between a 60% and a TKL but it seems silly to direct wire or make a whole new PCB when the GH60 already does things so well.

Space isn't a problem as I want the gap between the number and function rows, more interested if the pins are broken out on the ATMega.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4046 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 01:29:18 »
What like a Quantel?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #4047 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 01:37:27 »
Pretty much. I just picture a TKL with the nav section cut off. Still keeps the mouse close to the keyboard while allowing function keys for gaming.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline JBert

« Reply #4048 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 15:59:46 »
I second that thought. Having to go without the Funkeys is a bit of a pain.

I would guess it needs a new plate and case, but in theory the GH60 should allow it through its extension pins on the PCB.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4049 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 07:20:01 »
Take it there's no further update?

Gh60-2015

-Enzo Ferrari