Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624543 times)

Offline gimpster

Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4200 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 18:28:10 »
I do this kind of work every day. You have a queue. You start at the top with the people whose orders can be filled right now and you work until you get to the people whose orders you can't fill. This isn't harder than doing "everything in one big patch", in fact it's easier. You have to work down a list either way and now your list is smaller. When people have had money tied up in this for over a year, and we keep getting endless delays with no clear answer for when we will be getting what we paid for, it's pretty frustrating. It's even more frustrating when the plans got open-sourced before the GB was completed so now companies are out there selling these kits while people who helped push the project through from the beginning are left in the cold and dark with no expectation for when their long-standing faith and financial support of the community will be rewarded.
-Ryan

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4201 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 10:57:09 »
I do this kind of work every day. You have a queue. You start at the top with the people whose orders can be filled right now and you work until you get to the people whose orders you can't fill. This isn't harder than doing "everything in one big patch", in fact it's easier. You have to work down a list either way and now your list is smaller. When people have had money tied up in this for over a year, and we keep getting endless delays with no clear answer for when we will be getting what we paid for, it's pretty frustrating. It's even more frustrating when the plans got open-sourced before the GB was completed so now companies are out there selling these kits while people who helped push the project through from the beginning are left in the cold and dark with no expectation for when their long-standing faith and financial support of the community will be rewarded.

I do not believe the final PCB revision files have been publicly released.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4202 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 11:08:51 »

Nope, not yet. The ones people are buying from Taobao are Rev.B Prototype clones or forks of that revision. Makes me sad that people are buying those, when they would be buying the "official" version when it becomes available.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4203 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 11:13:54 »

Nope, not yet. The ones people are buying from Taobao are Rev.B Prototype clones or forks of that revision. Makes me sad that people are buying those, when they would be buying the "official" version when it becomes available.

people buying those are not a knock on you sir

i had one myself, its just because we are all excited to have these, the real ones will be worth the wait, some of us just needed a little fix to get us through the night
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4204 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 11:48:56 »

At this point we can't really do anything about this as he "wants to wait for all the components before shipping", Which is just a bunch of bull****...
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4205 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 13:07:51 »
lol. told tj not to bother saving this from the day he said he'd help. let it die due to the horrible organization from the people that started this mess.

have nothing but scammers start this **** and then disappear. and you all *****ing from the sidelines.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4206 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 13:08:58 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 09:26:17 by esoomenona »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4207 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 13:40:44 »
At this point we can't really do anything about this as he "wants to wait for all the components before shipping", Which is just a bunch of bull****...

You know what sounds like a bunch of bull****? The fact that this guy has taken over a group buy he had absolutely nothing to do with in the first place aside from helping with invoicing then having it abandoned on him while he still tries to run his own business, and having all of you **** on him every moment of the day for his decisions to make it easier on himself. You provide zero help here. We're all waiting. Just relax a moment. It's not like he's running away from this whole thing. Once things are all together, I'll even be going to visit him and help out as well to make it easier on him. Can't any of you have some consideration for what has been a trainwreck of a group buy for a guy that has taken over when everything was a mess and trying to put it back together as best he can?

The bull**** is that a few members and I OFFERED to HELP him with this GB but declined with some lame ass excuse. This is not his first time running a group buy and knew that was involved with this group buy when he took it over.

I'll offer it again, ship me the pcb only orders along with the materials, ect and I'll get them out. That will offset the workload.

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline kekstee

« Reply #4208 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 04:37:49 »
Worse than the tied up money is actually just having  a sorted keyset, switches, springs and case sitting on the shelf. I can feel its cold hard stare right trough the box while browsing geekhack.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 December 2014, 04:32:10 by kekstee »

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4209 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 15:49:48 »
Yep, my Hammer case is sitting next to me calling.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4210 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 15:53:07 »

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
« Reply #4211 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:39:28 »
Worse than the tied up money is actually just having  a sorted keyset, switches, springs and case sitting on the shelf. I can feel it's cold hard stare right trough the box while browsing geekhack.

Well, atleast your orders aren't getting shipped to someone that isn't active anymore.....

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4212 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 17:45:21 »
Worse than the tied up money is actually just having  a sorted keyset, switches, springs and case sitting on the shelf. I can feel it's cold hard stare right trough the box while browsing geekhack.

Well, atleast your orders aren't getting shipped to someone that isn't active anymore.....

Who is that? Fill out TJ's form and have them sent to you. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4213 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 21:24:45 »

Ya. I am in the same situation for one of my PCBs. I am trusting they will come through when they arrive since this person was a long time member and seems to be well respected. Fingers crossed.

Edit:  Well I just checked and he has not posted since January, but he was 'last active' on Nov 16th, so it looks like he is still lurking, so thats a good sign...  :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 December 2014, 21:36:13 by swill »

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #4214 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 23:34:31 »

Ya. I am in the same situation for one of my PCBs. I am trusting they will come through when they arrive since this person was a long time member and seems to be well respected. Fingers crossed.

Edit:  Well I just checked and he has not posted since January, but he was 'last active' on Nov 16th, so it looks like he is still lurking, so thats a good sign...  :)

I'm in the same boat as yours. Hope all goes well.. :)

Offline bugsaint

« Reply #4215 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 04:44:12 »
If I didn't order stabilizers can I have mine now?

PWEEEAAAZZZEEE!!! ;)

Last time I spoke with TJ, he told me that his plan is to wait until he has everything in hand (including the replacement stabilizer wires), and go down the list from the top. No exceptions. I don't have my GH60 stuff, either, so I'm playing the waiting game, same as you guys.

TJ is also hoping that anyone who had an address change will update their info via the form he created for that purpose.

I'm also hoping to have the order form edited this weekend so everyone can check their orders and fill out that same change form if need be.  It's getting there slowly.

No worries guys....I'm just excited to build my first keyboard. Thanks for making sure everything is completely ready before proceeding! Just in case I submitted a change to my shipping address. I know I've done it on another group buy but can't remember if I've done it here.

My order looks good.  Not changed since day 1.  I've already waited this long and my expectations of ever seeing this come to life isn't high so I'm prepared to sit and wait. But my hats off to TJ for taking over things.  I'd personally have one person running it than a load of cooks spoiling the broth...

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #4216 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 15:42:55 »
i ordered this 20 months ago.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4217 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 15:50:50 »

I also ordered this 20 months ago.  :)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #4218 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 15:33:58 »

Is this group buy still open for new orders?

ROFL

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4219 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 15:38:06 »
Since all this is waiting on (supposedly) is stabilizers, could those without stabilizers be shipped?  Also, could those who ordered stabilizers and also participated in Ivan's stabilizer buy just get their stabilizers shipped to them by Ivan and have the rest shipped now?

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4220 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 07:02:17 »
Since all this is waiting on (supposedly) is stabilizers, could those without stabilizers be shipped?  Also, could those who ordered stabilizers and also participated in Ivan's stabilizer buy just get their stabilizers shipped to them by Ivan and have the rest shipped now?

IRC, The answer to this is "NO".

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline battletux

« Reply #4221 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 09:50:55 »
I'll be honest, I've given up on ever seeing my order turn up. I certainly won't be partaking in any GB from those involved in running this. I know the history etc of this GB but refusing to ship the majority of orders because they are waiting on stabs for the few who wanted them is a joke. Why not ship out those that can be completed now to at least appease some of us who have been left in limbo for so long.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4222 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 10:48:18 »
As the one that obtained the stabilizers, and the amount of them that were ordered I am pretty sure most orders included them. As far as status, just to recap all the 6.25 size had a switch clearance mid section bend in them making them problematic on plate mount. New wires without the bend are on order but there is a delay from Cherry on getting them to GMK, then to me, then sent to TJ. These should finally be fulfilled sometime in January, at which point I assume orders will start getting delivered.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 December 2014, 10:51:26 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline malu1989

« Reply #4223 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 03:37:11 »
If someone wants to jump off, I would be happy to take over a PCB :)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #4224 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 05:50:55 »
thanks for the update Ivan!

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #4225 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 06:54:31 »
Ivan, sounds good.  Thanks for letting us know.

Speaking only for myself: I'm happy to wait until it turns up.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4226 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 20:11:52 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 09:11:25 by esoomenona »

Offline bear95

« Reply #4227 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 20:30:45 »
Anybody interested in picking up my order? The order includes the GH60 PCB, universal ANSI plate, costar stabilizers, 65 MX red switches, 5 MX black switches, and 2 MX lock switches.

Decided that a simple coolermaster keyboard was enough for me.

Offline Sturmfrau

« Reply #4228 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 20:46:03 »

Lols is this for real? :)) Ermagerd I wanted a GH60 but nvm I guess if the groupbuys will be like this.
|
HHKB Pro 2 Black (Blank) | HHKB Pro 2 White (Blank)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4229 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 20:48:18 »
Has this surpassed Round 4 in duration of wait yet?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4230 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 23:10:19 »
no point in even posting. nuked
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 December 2014, 23:52:18 by Glod »

Offline genkidama

« Reply #4231 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 06:43:14 »
What's the deal with the stabilizers? Seems for me like you all are waiting for quite some time now. I'm just curious as a friend is in on this GB and I for myself am waiting for the revision of the board to pop up (I'm curious, too ^^). I was told it will be revealed after shipments start.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #4232 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 08:21:18 »

What's the deal with the stabilizers? Seems for me like you all are waiting for quite some time now. I'm just curious as a friend is in on this GB and I for myself am waiting for the revision of the board to pop up (I'm curious, too ^^). I was told it will be revealed after shipments start.

As the one that obtained the stabilizers, and the amount of them that were ordered I am pretty sure most orders included them. As far as status, just to recap all the 6.25 size had a switch clearance mid section bend in them making them problematic on plate mount. New wires without the bend are on order but there is a delay from Cherry on getting them to GMK, then to me, then sent to TJ. These should finally be fulfilled sometime in January, at which point I assume orders will start getting delivered.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #4233 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 09:30:58 »
Alright, thanks for the news! I hope it'll all ship ealier so that you all can get your beloved GH60's  :thumb:

I'll Keep my fingers crossed for y'all.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #4234 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 10:09:35 »

Round 4 vs. GH60 -- fight!

Round 4:
Ordering started:
2011-10-15 (started as interest check)
Orders closed:
2012-09-19
Production finished:
2013-04-04
Shipped:
2013-07-31 (except for missing items that are not existing)

GH60:
Interest check started:
2012-08-24
Ordering started:
2013-03-21
Orders closed:
2013-04-22
Payment deadline:
2013-06-30
Production finished:
2015-01-?? (almost finished, except for stabilisers)
Shipped:
2015-01-?? (does not ship until everything is there)

Those 2 group buys are about different things.

While for key caps the battle is always about more kinds of keys vs. MOQ, for keyboards it is always prototypes that have to be tested that delays the whole thing.

We don't know when GH60 will ship, but when it does, you will have your order 100%, while in Round 4, people still wait for those row 2 vertical + keys.
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4235 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 17:25:48 »

Round 4 vs. GH60 -- fight!

Round 4:
Ordering started:
2011-10-15 (started as interest check)
Orders closed:
2012-09-19
Production finished:
2013-04-04
Shipped:
2013-07-31 (except for missing items that are not existing)

GH60:
Interest check started:
2012-08-24
Ordering started:
2013-03-21
Orders closed:
2013-04-22
Payment deadline:
2013-06-30
Production finished:
2015-01-?? (almost finished, except for stabilisers)
Shipped:
2015-01-?? (does not ship until everything is there)

Those 2 group buys are about different things.

While for key caps the battle is always about more kinds of keys vs. MOQ, for keyboards it is always prototypes that have to be tested that delays the whole thing.

We don't know when GH60 will ship, but when it does, you will have your order 100%, while in Round 4, people still wait for those row 2 vertical + keys.

oh look. 7bit and gh60 all in one thread. its like all my ancient buys are hanging out together laughing at me and my wallet.  i wants my gh60 and my round 5.  in for the long haul.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4236 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 17:32:34 »
i for one am really looking forward to my gh60s, itll be more than worth the wait, thanks to everyone who both started and took over this gb, its a daunting and big task, and however it gets done, im sure itll get done and get done right in the end
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4237 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 23:00:10 »
oh look. 7bit and gh60 all in one thread. its like all my ancient buys are hanging out together laughing at me and my wallet.  i wants my gh60 and my round 5.  in for the long haul.

No worries dude.  You need your GH60 in order to have something to put your round 5 on, so its all good...  :P

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #4238 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 17:17:39 »
Any news on what's going on with this? Still in stab limbo?

Offline mkaito

« Reply #4239 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 21:07:29 »

Offline spdx

« Reply #4240 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 21:11:55 »
 Happy new year! GH60ers.  Typing on a GH60 is one of my new year resolutions for 2015. ;D

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #4241 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 10:41:06 »

Dang. Thanks!
Sounds like things are starting to finally wrap up.

Offline registered99

« Reply #4242 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 06:49:23 »
Is there a way to change shipping address? I've moved since I bought the original GH60..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4244 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 15:18:57 »

No worries dude.  You need your GH60 in order to have something to put your round 5 on, so its all good...  :P

round 5 order is for my 2 ergodoxes i have. i got on the gh60 before i discovered the ergodox. now i wouldnt go back to a regular staggered keyboard.

the gh60s will be gifts to my brothers. they havent had a mechanical keyboard before so they might as well start at the elite level to save some time. lord knows i climbed that ladder way too slow stopping to buy things on the way.

Offline polarpigs

« Reply #4245 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 06:43:21 »
So what're the status of the stabs? Are they starting to get delivered to TJ and komar?

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #4246 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 08:07:49 »
So what're the status of the stabs? Are they starting to get delivered to TJ and komar?

I believe it has been said many times that Ivan are still waiting for the stabs to arrive from GMK/Cherry then he'll start delivery it to TJ/Komar

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4247 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 10:23:44 »
So I finally got some update on the 6.25 wires. Apparently Cherry Europe, who GMK usually deal with are out of these parts and have no plans to make them any time soon. GMK is going to try sourcing from Cherry Asia... it will probably be a while longer. Sorry for the long waiting.

Offline metafour

« Reply #4248 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 12:40:42 »
So I finally got some update on the 6.25 wires. Apparently Cherry Europe, who GMK usually deal with are out of these parts and have no plans to make them any time soon. GMK is going to try sourcing from Cherry Asia... it will probably be a while longer. Sorry for the long waiting.

Given this new information will orders that are not waiting on these specific parts be sent out? I don't see a reason for making members wait an unspecified amount of time for items that aren't part of their order.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4249 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 12:49:35 »
It's been answered plenty of times. Orders will be shipped out when everything is ready.