Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624545 times)

Offline metafour

Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4250 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 14:00:47 »
It's been answered plenty of times. Orders will be shipped out when everything is ready.

I'm well aware the question "when will this ship?" has been "answered plenty of times" however we didn't have this latest information when it was answered. It seems to me as if there is no timeframe now as to when the corrected stabilizers will be received. With this new information in hand I'm asking that the previous discussion be brought back up and seriously considered as opposed to just having someone come in here and repeat that my question has been answered before and that under no circumstances will the discussion resume.

What's the deciding factor on when new information will cause the shipping issue to be reconsidered then?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4251 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 14:03:56 »
It's been answered plenty of times. Orders will be shipped out when everything is ready.

I'm well aware the question "when will this ship?" has been "answered plenty of times" however we didn't have this latest information when it was answered. It seems to me as if there is no timeframe now as to when the corrected stabilizers will be received. With this new information in hand I'm asking that the previous discussion be brought back up and seriously considered as opposed to just having someone come in here and repeat that my question has been answered before and that under no circumstances will the discussion resume.

What's the deciding factor on when new information will cause the shipping issue to be reconsidered then?

I think TJ is pretty much set on how he plans on doing it. I doubt there are any other "deciding factors" in play.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4252 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 16:13:09 »
metafour, we have been told that no orders will ship before others. Everything will ship when everything is ready.
I'm not sure if you have your panties in a bunch because you have to wait or what, but just remember that your period will pass. Get a heat pad if your cramps are bothering you.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4253 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 16:20:07 »

metafour, we have been told that no orders will ship before others. Everything will ship when everything is ready.
I'm not sure if you have your panties in a bunch because you have to wait or what, but just remember that your period will pass. Get a heat pad if your cramps are bothering you.

:))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline metafour

« Reply #4254 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 23:14:04 »

I don't appreciate your level of discourse. Just because this is an internet forum doesn't give you free reign to insult me based on some perceived slight because I asked the person who has the materials in this situation to reconsider their previous stance based on new information. Changing your attitude and approach to other people regardless of the situation would make not only this forum but the world a better place and is something you should consider.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4255 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 07:51:35 »
I don't appreciate your level of discourse. Just because this is an internet forum doesn't give you free reign to insult me based on some perceived slight because I asked the person who has the materials in this situation to reconsider their previous stance based on new information. Changing your attitude and approach to other people regardless of the situation would make not only this forum but the world a better place and is something you should consider.

+1, I'm consistently amazed at the level of vitriol on this forum.

Offline billnye

• ability man
GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4256 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 07:56:02 »

Agreed, metafour. People in this thread especially jump at anyone who asks a question and it's a little saddening :(

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4257 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:15:47 »
Agreed, metafour. People in this thread especially jump at anyone who asks a question and it's a little saddening :(
+1

I'm sure I'll get flamed for even asking something but : Out of curiosity, who decided to ship everything together? Could someone explain why that decision was made? It just does not make sense to me. There are people who ordered just PCBs, which are made and ready, so why not ship them out? As I said, I'm just curious. I really don't mind when I get my PCB and I'm not going to try and encourage any decisions to be changed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:19:01 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4258 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:27:21 »
It's a question that's been asked again and again. People have also asked if they bought stabs in Ivan's GB if they could just have their ordered for stabs for this GB shipped with those and have their PCB and plate shipped to them.

So far the only only answer I've heard for why that won't be done is "because".

I know I'm just frustrated at this point since it's been just shy of two years and updates are minimal.

Offline Qipz

« Reply #4259 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 13:09:39 »
The reason is (afaik): it's a logistical nightmare to divide the current group and sending out the ones that don't have stabs. Last I heard the person that has a lot of our stuff was doing his thesis (not sure if that's over already or not but I take it he's in school) which makes me come to the conclusion he doesn't have a whole lot of spare time on his hands at the moment for making sure everybody gets their components delivered and making sure there's no errors in the delivery of those who ordered without stabs and making sure they still have everything for those that ordered stabs, this would be doable if it was somebody who has the opportunity to actually spend a whole lot of time on it.

Then again, this is just me speculating...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4260 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 17:56:08 »
+1

I'm sure I'll get flamed for even asking something but : Out of curiosity, who decided to ship everything together? Could someone explain why that decision was made? It just does not make sense to me. There are people who ordered just PCBs, which are made and ready, so why not ship them out? As I said, I'm just curious. I really don't mind when I get my PCB and I'm not going to try and encourage any decisions to be changed.

my guess would be, seeing as tj runs a business, he wants to get this over in one shot. remember most of the originators just up and disappeared from this buy and left this dude hanging.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4261 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 18:06:44 »
my guess would be, seeing as tj runs a business, he wants to get this over in one shot. remember most of the originators just up and disappeared from this buy and left this dude hanging.
Yeah, that's the way I understood it. At this point I think we owe it to TJ to just let him handle this however he feels is best and in his own time. I know I can wait a while longer for my PCB..

I just can't help but think it would be easier for TJ (to be clear : I'm not bringing this up because it is better for the buyers) to ship out the orders that can be shipped out now. That way there's less to do when the stabilisers (and anything else that's being waited on) do come in. Of course, there's probably stuff I haven't considered, and TJ will know better than me (or pretty much anyone else) since he's far more experienced. I'm just thinking out loud.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4262 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 18:09:41 »
multiple trips to post office vs 1/2 trips to post office would also be my guess. but, like you, im just speculating. only he knows why he's doing what he's doing.

and i dont have a say in this buy seeing as i didn't participate in it so i'll stay out of it now
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Digitize

« Reply #4263 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 19:44:33 »
The level of organizational skills is immense for thee group buys. I give props to all that handles one

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4264 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 05:55:46 »
Some people actually wanted to use the GH60 they paid for, not just collect them for the sake of having them, this isn't just a key cap set you don't require, these are functional items that we are waiting for. Some people like me counted on the timeline given by WFD in 2013 and spent hundreds. This group buy failure had repercussions on me as I was to build them for other people. I understand tj doesn't want to do this and he gets a lot of respect for taking it including from me--all I wonder is why don't the people that spent the money and had faith in this group buy get respect as well? It isn't just one man suffering it's the entire community. This hurt. The fact they are sitting there hurts. Some bought expensive cases/trays a year ago, bought key cap sets for them. And still they sit, this group buy is worse than all other group buy failures because they are built, plates made, and will sit for even more months ahead mocking us. It's brutal.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4265 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:15:28 »
Is the PCB design open so that others could produce them? Is there anybody who does?

I am looking for a 60% PCB with an ATmegaXuY and support for seven extra keys (like the header for the GHPad). It was a long time ago I last checked this thread ... and I when I got I had been expecting at least the second run to take orders.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 January 2015, 09:10:53 by Findecanor »

Offline kekstee

« Reply #4266 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 18:07:48 »
I agree with Glod here, I'm tempted to write this off as a loss and get another PCB in my build for months now.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4267 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:01:26 »
I agree with Glod here, I'm tempted to write this off as a loss and get another PCB in my build for months now.

(it was a drunk tapatalk rambling lol)

Well, im not saying its a total loss, im pretty sure eventually you will get them but if you need a custom 60% absolutely right now i would suggest going with the Nerd60 and spending the extra premium to ship from korea,

its just its brutal that they are sitting there and there is nothing anyone can do. Its not an attack on a TJ more of me just being a realist in saying this totally ****ing sucks and we have every right to say this ****ing sucks and offer help and suggestions without getting shot down. These are keyboards to be used and not key caps to be collected and think that is what defines the difference between waiting for round 4/5 (or waiting for nostalgia/toxic/raindrop/penumbra/calm-depths) and waiting for the GH60.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 January 2015, 19:03:42 by Glod »

Offline pasph

« Reply #4268 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:50:25 »
This is still way better than the Sprit GB
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4269 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:54:34 »
Edit: Sorry I offended someone with my political comment.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 January 2015, 08:06:58 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4270 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 08:37:32 »
This is still way better than the Sprit GB

In what way?

Offline pasph

« Reply #4271 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 08:44:27 »
Cause TJ is well known and reputable and we know what we are waiting for and why
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4272 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 15:50:20 »
TJ, I just hope your keeping those things in a fire proof water proof vault with biometric lock. Lol

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #4273 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 16:05:12 »
Honestly I'm not that pumped to purchase other 60% pcb's. I have at least 5 cases waiting for my boards to go in them. Just wish I could find some better TKL cases for my phantoms.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4274 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 17:01:17 »

I gave you a clear answer to your question. It was short, but it was clear based on the information we have already been given.
There is no new information that would change any of the previous facts, so you talking like you actually know something to me just proves that you don't. There was no need for you to continue on that question, but you just had to have the last word, right?

Vitriol? More like the right response to a person with a superiority complex that couldn't take a clear answer for what it was. Asking for more information when there is no need for one, getting the answer, but not being happy with it is no reason to start replying to me like I am the one controlling the facts.

+1

Who are these people that jump at anyone who asks a question? Because I didn't jump on anyone. I gave a short and factually accurate answer, and then metafour had to go on a rant about new information.

If you guys read up on what happened on the previous page; you could say that you are the ones that "ganged" up on me for telling metafour to calm down in a joking way. On a forum. About keyboards.

Stop being so sensitive, snowflakes.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4275 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 17:40:08 »
Honestly I'm not that pumped to purchase other 60% pcb's. I have at least 5 cases waiting for my boards to go in them. Just wish I could find some better TKL cases for my phantoms.

Im in the same boat, I love my Phantom(s) and want something better than just a Filco case for them.

Im getting a prototype Phantom case made in a couple weeks (hopefully) that you might like. If it turns out as well as I hope I will be running a GB for them.  ;)

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4276 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 18:27:49 »

Im in the same boat, I love my Phantom(s) and want something better than just a Filco case for them.

Im getting a prototype Phantom case made in a couple weeks (hopefully) that you might like. If it turns out as well as I hope I will be running a GB for them.  ;)

Aluminum?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4277 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 18:33:54 »

Aluminum?

Negative, one piece plate case in stainless (like the Infinity) that you drew up for me  :)

Offline metafour

« Reply #4278 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 01:41:39 »

I gave you a clear answer to your question. It was short, but it was clear based on the information we have already been given.
There is no new information that would change any of the previous facts, so you talking like you actually know something to me just proves that you don't. There was no need for you to continue on that question, but you just had to have the last word, right?

Vitriol? More like the right response to a person with a superiority complex that couldn't take a clear answer for what it was. Asking for more information when there is no need for one, getting the answer, but not being happy with it is no reason to start replying to me like I am the one controlling the facts.

+1

Who are these people that jump at anyone who asks a question? Because I didn't jump on anyone. I gave a short and factually accurate answer, and then metafour had to go on a rant about new information.

If you guys read up on what happened on the previous page; you could say that you are the ones that "ganged" up on me for telling metafour to calm down in a joking way. On a forum. About keyboards.

Stop being so sensitive, snowflakes.

The situation is more complex than you're making it out to be and you're ignoring some important factors. My request wasn't even directed at you considering you have nothing to do with the shipping or handling of the materials. I was asking the previous situation be reconsidered by those who actually are in a position to do so given this new information that there are items some members are not waiting on whose delivery timeframe is not entirely certain now. You inserted yourself into the situation and then resorted to hostility when I replied with the fact that I was already aware of the previous stance that was determined given the information available at that time.

Your attempt at humor comes off as hostility given our relationship or lack thereof. You can attempt to mask it as our problem because this is as you say "a forum. About keyboards" and that we're being "sensitive snowflakes" and that I'm just trying to "get the last word" but that doesn't remove or even address the issue with your attitude and response. It just continues to lower the level of discourse that is happening among fellow inhabitants of the forum and this planet. This isn't about me talking like I actually know something or getting in the last word. It's about asking the person who has the materials to reconsider their previous decision based on new facts which doesn't necessitate the attitude that you have toward me and my request.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #4279 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 11:38:42 »

Man, that's great news! Thanks to your plate GB I've got my Phantom in a TEX TKL case from mechanicalkeyboards.com right now and it's amazing. Count me in for a one-piece plate/case too.

Offline rtos

« Reply #4280 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 15:11:30 »
If anyone is interested in taking over my order (1 GH60 PCB, 1 Poker plate, Assembly service, Costar stabilizer set, 63x MX browns) please PM me.  Thanks.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #4281 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 15:09:50 »
Anyone willing to jump ship, I'm looking for the board, plate, and clears. I'd go for just the board and plate if possible. Let me know!

Offline bear95

« Reply #4282 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 05:58:14 »
^PMd

Offline viasacra89

« Reply #4283 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 19:18:16 »
As someone who's near the top of the list I really hope that everything will be shipped from the top.
|Filco MJ2 TKL Browns|

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4284 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 07:19:34 »
I will be building and selling at least one of these, so let me know I'd you are trying to get in on this.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4285 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 07:23:24 »
I will be building and selling at least one of these, so let me know I'd you are trying to get in on this.

id buy one built by you sir, im aquiring a little collection of gh60s built by members lol
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4286 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 07:29:18 »

id buy one built by you sir, im aquiring a little collection of gh60s built by members lol
Haha. Awesome. If you are still interested when everything comes in, we can sort out the details then. :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4287 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 07:57:08 »

Haha. Awesome. If you are still interested when everything comes in, we can sort out the details then. :)

perfect good sir cheers
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4288 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 19:53:21 »
Seen on Taobao: 彰爷外设【Satan】白色全灯版 GH60 PCB 第二批 改进版 更好用版

Literally, what in the hell is this?
The PCB has the print "GH60 Satan intention to do".

I can't read Japanese (if that is what it is...)

Offline yuiop

« Reply #4289 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 21:27:42 »
Seen on Taobao: 彰爷外设【Satan】白色全灯版 GH60 PCB 第二批 改进版 更好用版

Literally, what in the hell is this?
The PCB has the print "GH60 Satan intention to do".

I can't read Japanese (if that is what it is...)

That's Chinese clone of GH60.  They've been selling that thing on Taobao for a while.  That particular version even has in-switch LEDs.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #4290 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 22:33:22 »
...That particular version even has in-switch LEDs.

Wait, does the board offered in this GB not have in switch LEDs?...the design at https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/tH85WHtP shows that the PCB supports it...

The newest version of the GH60 is Rev. C and it is not public yet - you will have to wait until the PCBs from the group buy are shipped.
You cannot buy the newest version anywhere yet. You will have to wait a bit, some orders will get sold in the classifieds and Mechanicalkeyboards.com will also most likely sell them later.

What're the differences?

Offline yuiop

« Reply #4291 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 22:59:54 »
...That particular version even has in-switch LEDs.

Wait, does the board offered in this GB not have in switch LEDs?...the design at https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/tH85WHtP shows that the PCB supports it...

I believe you need a separate LED module which is still in development and not included in this GB.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4292 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 23:01:22 »
Hey Ivan, what's the status of the replacement wires?  Aren't they supposed to be going out soon?

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #4293 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 11:31:03 »
Fingers crossed for Cherry's dog not eating them. :(
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4294 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 14:20:34 »
*throws a flare*

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4295 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 14:25:16 »
*throws a flare*

T Minus 1 year until delivery.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4296 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 14:39:02 »

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #4297 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 19:34:08 »
If the stabilizer wires would make another delay, I think this GB should just ship without it. Someone who is building this either have a spare wire or could DIY it. just my 2 cents.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4298 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 19:35:09 »
If the stabilizer wires would make another delay, I think this GB should just ship without it. Someone who is building this either have a spare wire or could DIY it. just my 2 cents.

Believe me, that and many other options have been discussed.  So far the answer is tough ****.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #4299 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 19:50:24 »

Believe me, that and many other options have been discussed.  So far the answer is tough ****.

Yeah, I read that but at this point there is no definite time when will  those stabs wires will arrive. hopefully tjcaustin will reconsider this. I think it's time to ship it now to those longing buyers who have been waiting for a long time rather than keeping it unassembled/unlove.