Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624478 times)

Offline Neal

Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4350 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 05:40:06 »
I kind of want to sell my order, how would I go about doing that? Just put it up for sale and pm to have my address changed?

EDIT: I'm not selling it because this GB had has some delays, I'm selling it because I'm no longer all that interested in keyboards as a whole. Just had to clear that up.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2015, 06:00:54 by Neal »

Offline p3lim

« Reply #4351 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 05:54:31 »
I kind of want to sell my order, how would I go about doing that? Just put it up for sale and pm to have my address changed?

Pretty much, use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Q7zSzyaoNe9NORlLav84CtTVoMF22OZJyuW9Zr-c5Is/viewform

Offline Neal

« Reply #4352 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 06:37:45 »
Thanks  ;)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #4353 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:31:20 »

If i buy the PCB without components, will it work with a teensy?

Offline p3lim

« Reply #4354 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:53:55 »

Why would you? That is more expensive, not to mention you would turn the board incompatible with many cases.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #4355 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:33:12 »

Looking at the Rev. A & B of the board and hoping that Rev. C isn't that much different, it isn't an easy change since the microcontroller is embedded on the board. You would have to hack it to make it work with a Teensy. It might be possible, though.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 20:48:41 by VinnyCordeiro »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4356 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:42:15 »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #4357 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:43:18 »
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Satan-GH60-PCB-White-Board-LED-DIY-Mechanical-Keyboard/32266124434.html

Is this a ripoff PCB?

Where can i buy the GH60? I dont see an order form
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:49:11 by LeandreN »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4358 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 13:47:35 »
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Satan-GH60-PCB-White-Board-LED-DIY-Mechanical-Keyboard/32266124434.html

Is this a ripoff PCB?

Yes, it's a fork of the Rev.B PCB by some Chinese person.

And you can't order one, unfortunately, since orders closed almost 2 years ago.

The plan has always been that once the group buy orders ship, the PCB files would be released (open source hardware). From there, other distributors could make them available for purchase. But delays have set back the group buy shipments.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline metafour

« Reply #4359 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 11:57:21 »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4360 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 12:20:05 »
Stabs have arrived ;)

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60789.msg1671486#msg1671486
Arrived to Ivan, not to this buy yet. Will probably be at least a week of two before the people responsible for this buy have them in their hands. 

Patience everyone...

Offline metafour

« Reply #4361 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 12:33:45 »
Stabs have arrived ;)

Arrived to Ivan, not to this buy yet. Will probably be at least a week of two before the people responsible for this buy have them in their hands. 

Patience everyone...

=P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4362 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 15:29:23 »
Stabs have arrived ;)

Patience everyone...

Even so, I'm still calling June or later delivery.

Please surprise me and prove me wrong.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4363 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 15:59:48 »
Stabs have arrived ;)

Patience everyone...

Even so, I'm still calling June or later delivery.

Please surprise me and prove me wrong.
That sounds about right to me.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4364 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 21:13:02 »
next up waiting for the boxes TJ has to use to ship all this stuff out and rolls of shipping labels. dude if you mail these out in cheap bubble mailers i will be pissed as hell.

Offline metafour

« Reply #4365 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 21:14:52 »
next up waiting for the boxes TJ has to use to ship all this stuff out and rolls of shipping labels. dude if you mail these out in cheap bubble mailers i will be pissed as hell.

All the shipping supplies I'm sure are on hand since there's been such a long wait for the stabilizers.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4366 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 21:16:10 »
Lol

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4367 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 21:30:11 »

All the shipping supplies I'm sure are on hand since there's been such a long wait for the stabilizers.

A smart man would have everything packaged up already with username and just toss the stabilizers in it.

And I will be pissed as hell too if it comes in a bubble mailer.

I'll be glad when this cluster**** is done.  I know I shouldn't hold it against TJ since he picked up the pieces from WFD and others, but it's hard not to be annoyed when we don't really get any updates.  It would be nice to have an update with a timeline when the stabs arrive.  I'll probably end up building it with my Gaterons and immediately listing it in the classifieds.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4368 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 23:05:02 »
on the bright side, he didn't run away with money like sprit, redline, wfd, dude that ran the bsp buy and countless others
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4369 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 19:50:01 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4370 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 19:58:21 »
this group buy is a huge huge task

and as much as people moan, some time should be taken to really appreciate all the variables that go in to it, between switches, stabs, smd parts, pcbs, plates etc, all of these parts have different variables, lead times, people and issues to contend with, on top of that there is the assembly work etc, as well as the people who have come and gone, aand the people who have stepped in and had to pick up behind the scenes issues people may not know about

this isnt the same thing as many other gbs, yes it has ran long, but at the same time, it also started very early, so a huge amount of that time can and should be discounted from the front end

yes not having updates doesnt help the situation, but things have been happening behind the scenes, and from what i can tell, once those stabs are on hand shortly, thats everything, and then the clock can begin, and even when it does, this is a mammoth task for anyone, let alone the small group of individuals tasked with it

this has taken a long time, and im sure its going to take a long time yet, and thats fine, because at the end of it, as a community, this will be something that we have created, endured and made happen, and i for one, will be both very happy and proud of my gh60's, whenever it is that i get them
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4371 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 20:03:03 »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #4372 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 20:20:55 »
If anything we can all admit that a lot of lessons have been learned with this GB. Personally I think people need to really sit down and do some planning before they commit to such massive GB's, I did the same for my GHPad IC the other day and it blew my mind when I added up how long it would take me to package and ship 25 PCB's with plates and cases. Anything over like 50 packages for one person is a pretty massive task to commit to when it comes to shipping time.

For buys that don't have massive MOQ's I'd personally like to see more people doing GB's with a set number of units available. Too many times we've seen that people get swamped when the demand is higher than anticipated and it never ends well (this buy, Sprit's buy, countless others).
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4373 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 20:21:50 »

this group buy is a huge huge task

and as much as people moan, some time should be taken to really appreciate all the variables that go in to it, between switches, stabs, smd parts, pcbs, plates etc, all of these parts have different variables, lead times, people and issues to contend with, on top of that there is the assembly work etc, as well as the people who have come and gone, aand the people who have stepped in and had to pick up behind the scenes issues people may not know about

this isnt the same thing as many other gbs, yes it has ran long, but at the same time, it also started very early, so a huge amount of that time can and should be discounted from the front end

yes not having updates doesnt help the situation, but things have been happening behind the scenes, and from what i can tell, once those stabs are on hand shortly, thats everything, and then the clock can begin, and even when it does, this is a mammoth task for anyone, let alone the small group of individuals tasked with it

this has taken a long time, and im sure its going to take a long time yet, and thats fine, because at the end of it, as a community, this will be something that we have created, endured and made happen, and i for one, will be both very happy and proud of my gh60's, whenever it is that i get them

Bunny always brings the love!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4374 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 20:59:46 »
No disrespect intended, but if whoever has the materials on hand is smart, there's no reason at least 20 packages a day isn't possible and there's no reason that the buy for the unassembled GH60s shouldn't be all shipped within the month.  Even 10 packages a day hits the one month number.  Someone with a head for logistics should have all the PCBs, plates, switches, and any other materials packed and in a box with the user name or identifier number on it.  Once the stabs come in, they can quickly be wrapped and dropped in the box, the box can be sealed, and the label printed out.  20 boxes a day is 1-2 hours of work if everything has been properly pre-sorted.  You don't even have to have it all shipped that day, prep it to ship Saturday and schedule a pickup for all the boxes.

As far as I'm concerned, this GB has long been a failure due to the leader disappearing and the total lack of updates and accountability.  I respect TJ for picking up the reigns, but just because he took over doesn't mean it should take a back burner and go out lackadaisically.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 21:03:00 by nubbinator »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4375 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 21:09:13 »
No disrespect intended, but if whoever has the materials on hand is smart, there's no reason at least 20 packages a day isn't possible and there's no reason that the buy for the unassembled GH60s shouldn't be all shipped within the month.  Someone with a head for logistics should have all the PCBs, plates, switches, and any other materials packed and in a box with the user name or identifier number on it.  Once the stabs come in, they can quickly be wrapped and dropped in the box, the box can be sealed, and the label printed out.  20 boxes a day is 1-2 hours of work if everything has been properly pre-sorted.

As far as I'm concerned, this GB has long been a failure due to the leader disappearing and the total lack of updates and accountability.  I respect TJ for picking up the reigns, but just because he took over doesn't mean it should take a back burner and go out lackadaisically.

me and tj dont get on, i only mention this really to state this isnt me blindly defending people here

but tj has a business, and a life, and he is donating his time to this, and just because he has stepped up to the plate here, doesnt mean that it takes priority of his life, and it is not for us to decide whether he has 6 hours a day for this, 2 hours a day for this or 2 hours a week, what i would suggest is fair to assume/hope, is that when the time comes, he will donate as much free time as he can do getting this completed, whatever that may be

we would all like this sooner rather than later, but we lose sight of the fact that we should be grateful this happened at all, and that there are people willing to donate there time to do something that everyone can enjoy

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4376 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 21:58:10 »
No disrespect intended, but if whoever has the materials on hand is smart, there's no reason at least 20 packages a day isn't possible and there's no reason that the buy for the unassembled GH60s shouldn't be all shipped within the month.  Even 10 packages a day hits the one month number.  Someone with a head for logistics should have all the PCBs, plates, switches, and any other materials packed and in a box with the user name or identifier number on it.  Once the stabs come in, they can quickly be wrapped and dropped in the box, the box can be sealed, and the label printed out.  20 boxes a day is 1-2 hours of work if everything has been properly pre-sorted.  You don't even have to have it all shipped that day, prep it to ship Saturday and schedule a pickup for all the boxes.

I would like to respectfully disagree with your expectations.  I work full time and I have a company on the side with a friend (we manufacture and sell repair kits for kitesurfing kites - kiteaid.com).  I take care of all of the operations including shipping.  Getting everything verified and packed up and then getting a label printed with the correct shipping information is not the super quick process you are making it out to be.  It usually takes me 15-20 minutes per order to get it packed up and ready to be dropped off in the mailbox.  That is also assuming the package is small enough that I can drop it into a post box.  If I have to actually take it to the post office because it is too big to fit in the post box, it gets even more complicated.

Lets assume that TJ is able to put an hour into this every day (which is a pretty reasonable commitment given work, family and life), that would only be 3 orders per day.  There will be days he just has to get all the stuff in order and nothing will go out.  Just storing everything that he has is a logistical nightmare.  He can't just have orders packed up and ready to go because that would require a warehouse of space. 

I think everyone needs to take a breath and be thankful they are not responsible for taking care of the epicness of this task.  This thankless job is hard enough without having to put up people second guessing and questioning your every move. 

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4377 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 22:49:37 »
I ship regularly and have run my own complicated group buy.  Shipping really is that easy when you've had everything for this long, assuming you've sorted and prepped everything for pre-shipment...and if it's been there for so long, it should all be presorted.  For those 20 orders, you can glance at the sheet and drop the appropriate number of stabs in the bubble wrap, wrap it up, tape it, and drop it in the package and then tape the box closed in well under 5 minutes a box. 

After that, it's a simple matter of printing the shipping label.  I believe with stamps.com you can merge your excel log to prep the shipping addresses more easily.  If you decide to use USPS, you have a scale nearby, toss the package on, input the weight, cut and paste shipping info into the site, add it to your payment queue.  Once it's done, print them out on self-adhesive shipping labels, slap them on.  Putting shipping info in, on a long day, takes 3 minutes.

Maybe I was overstating with an hour, but you could easily have 20 packages prepped and ready to ship in 2 hours if everything else is already there.

And I'm not second guessing, I've already said thanks many times for taking it over, but at the same time I think it deserves to be treated respectfully and people should get what they paid for in a timely manner.  There's nothing wrong with giving a reasonable timeline of my expectations, especially when we don't get updates on this and there have been no compromises with suggestions that would have made delivery easier.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 22:56:00 by nubbinator »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4378 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 23:11:24 »
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4379 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 23:13:47 »
Without updates and lack of proof of life we can only assume he never opened the boxes and never accounted for everything and everything has been sitting in a non climate controlled garage still sealed. Prove me wrong. 

Offline pasph

« Reply #4380 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 06:01:23 »
After 2 years there's nothing to be proud of.
It will be when it will be but for sure NEVER AGAIN.
Thanks to TJ.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline vorn

« Reply #4381 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 09:25:03 »
Is this still something?  Who do I update my shipping address to?

tjcaustin will be doing the shipping for US orders. komar007 is handling international.

Just a quick question jdcarpe... will komar be dealing with international shipping AND international assebly?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4382 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 09:30:44 »

tjcaustin will be doing the shipping for US orders. komar007 is handling international.

Just a quick question jdcarpe... will komar be dealing with international shipping AND international assebly?

Yes that is correct.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline vorn

« Reply #4383 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 09:37:40 »

Yes that is correct.

:thumb:

Offline Alastoris

« Reply #4384 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:41:28 »

Is this a ripoff PCB?

Is that the bare PCB or does it come with all SMD preassembled, including diodes.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4385 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 19:12:53 »

Is this a ripoff PCB?

Is that the bare PCB or does it come with all SMD preassembled, including diodes.
No clue. Since it's not an official GH60, I doubt anyone in this thread would know. ;)

in memoriam

Offline bupsthename

« Reply #4386 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 14:52:01 »
I took over an unpaid order. I submitted an update to the form earlier in the thread. Not sure if these are going to be reflected in the spreadsheet. Will these be confirmed before shipping?

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4387 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:13:07 »

Embedded youtube link's not working whatever

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdmOVejUlI
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:17:32 by Glissant »

Offline gimpster

« Reply #4388 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:18:50 »
Just checking in for my quarterly update on the group buys I'm waiting for. Good to see there's been no movement on this one other than a presumed delivery of some stabilizer wires. I can't believe that I've changed jobs, been promoted, and bought a house since I paid money for this keyboard...the 5-year tenure on my current domicile is actually going to come to an end before this even comes close to being delivered...
-Ryan

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4389 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 18:04:01 »
<insert string of "in the amount of time this group buy took to complete" jokes>

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4390 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 11:00:15 »
The stabs wires that were being waited on have been shipped. Hopefully this will get moving now that all the pieces are in place.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4391 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 11:12:06 »
The stabs wires that were being waited on have been shipped. Hopefully this will get moving now that all the pieces are in place.

MFW waiting intensifies

The drama queen in me:

Offline mauri

« Reply #4392 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:02:43 »
well ****. now i gotta buy solder and ****
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #4393 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:29:39 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4394 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:55:46 »
Show Image

In case you miss the context:

More

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #4395 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:12:53 »

Thank you for the update sir.

Offline eon

« Reply #4396 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 05:58:15 »
I took over an unpaid order. I submitted an update to the form earlier in the thread. Not sure if these are going to be reflected in the spreadsheet. Will these be confirmed before shipping?

I would like also to know if my new address has been taken into account too
Poker MX Red - Photos

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4397 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 08:38:35 »

for other people that come in this thread later and possibly read this... there is no need for a teensy because the board already comes with a atmel atmega32u4.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4398 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 09:28:18 »

I would like also to know if my new address has been taken into account too

Have you sent a PM to komar007 with your new address? If you are in France, he will be shipping yours.

in memoriam

Offline elton5354

« Reply #4399 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 09:32:00 »
Is TJ only doing US? Komars shipping to CA as well for international?