Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624515 times)

Offline whentheclouds

Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR ???)
« Reply #4650 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 07:57:21 »
it's not about asking a question, it's that you picked the worst possible one to ask. not that hard to scroll up a dozen posts to see people still arguing about why there has been no updates i.e. there is no boards

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #4651 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:10:55 »
it's not about asking a question, it's that you picked the worst possible one to ask. not that hard to scroll up a dozen posts to see people still arguing about why there has been no updates i.e. there is no boards
I guess one is to blame for not scrolling up enough even though a 156 pages thread tend to discourage people to read the whole discussion.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4652 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:27:25 »
It's alright, TalkingTree. There will eventually be a lot of boards on the market once this buy gets sorted out. There are also other 60% keyboards around that you could look at instead of this.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #4653 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:36:39 »
There will eventually be a lot of boards on the market once this buy gets sorted out. There are also other 60% keyboards around that you could look at instead of this.
Much obliged.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #4654 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:51:57 »
I guess one is to blame for not scrolling up enough even though a 156 pages thread tend to discourage people to read the whole discussion.
you don't need to read the whole thing, but the bickering was happening right in the posts above yours. it's like walking into a store where the owners are having a fist fight and asking if they are open.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #4655 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 10:31:31 »
New member or excellent troll?
Extraordinaire if you don't mind.
So much for asking a question.

if you read any of the last few pages then you would realize that this groupbuy has not went smoothly.
In the time that we have waited, many other 60% pcb's have been released that are basically better then the gh60.
Have a look at the nerd 60 pcb from gon. it does everything that the gh60 originally planned to do plus more.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #4656 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 10:59:37 »
Have a look at the nerd 60 pcb from gon. it does everything that the gh60 originally planned to do plus more.
I had but the shipping fee is too high.

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
« Reply #4657 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 11:42:28 »
I had but the shipping fee is too high.

Then just buy satans GH60, AFAIK the issues with rev. B has been corrected and it supports LED.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4658 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 12:40:51 »
So,is the handoff happening?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #4659 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:19:01 »
Then just buy satans GH60, AFAIK the issues with rev. B has been corrected and it supports LED.
That might do. Thanks.

Offline metafour

« Reply #4660 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 01:56:48 »
At this point I feel like you've had more than enough time and patience given to you regarding the situation and we've received nothing but disrespect. Volunteer or not you have an obligation to every person whose order you have in your possession. It is well past the time that you need to either step up and get this group buy done or hand it off to someone that will in a timely manner and be completely open and transparent about whichever path you choose to follow.

We all deserve better than what we ended up with in this situation but it's time to leave the past behind, accept responsibility, and get this done in a timely manner.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4661 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 08:48:14 »
Have the plans been sorted, are there plans? What has been sorted in the last two weeks?

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #4662 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 09:37:35 »
At this point I feel like you've had more than enough time and patience given to you regarding the situation and we've received nothing but disrespect. Volunteer or not you have an obligation to every person whose order you have in your possession. It is well past the time that you need to either step up and get this group buy done or hand it off to someone that will in a timely manner and be completely open and transparent about whichever path you choose to follow.

We all deserve better than what we ended up with in this situation but it's time to leave the past behind, accept responsibility, and get this done in a timely manner.

I couldn't agree more
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4663 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 20:34:26 »
So almost three weeks since mention of the handoff and no update on that.  Is the handoff happening?  Where does everything stand?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #4664 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 02:45:33 »
I gave my availability but haven't heard from Komar.

Offline vorn

« Reply #4665 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 05:56:38 »
I've only participated in three GBs so far.... DSA Dolch (lol), GH60, and the aluminium TEX 60% case. Joined GH 3 years ago and all I have to show for it is a dusty empty keyboard case. Really hope this GB comes right.

Offline Qipz

« Reply #4666 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 07:14:27 »
I've only participated in three GBs so far.... DSA Dolch (lol), GH60, and the aluminium TEX 60% case. Joined GH 3 years ago and all I have to show for it is a dusty empty keyboard case. Really hope this GB comes right.

Hahaha, we're in the same boat, although I ordered another set of key caps that are just laying there now

GH60 Soon™
Never stop believing

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4667 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 09:24:11 »
Tj,
Would it be to much to ask to post a picture of the goods?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4668 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:27:38 »
Tj,
Would it be to much to ask to post a picture of the goods?

Or to at least give an update on anything ever without it devolving almost into a total **** show before showing up?  I'd shut up if we had regular updates and/or a timeline.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4669 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:44:33 »
I think it's safe to say that it doesn't matter how hard or soft anybody asks for updates or information about this group buy.
As a collective we obviously don't matter, and it's blatantly obvious that TJ has people telling him to ignore people that say something in the thread.

Interestingly I no longer can access the orders spreadsheet. Is that just me or has it been taken offline suddenly?

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4670 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 13:38:39 »
Komar, can you please get back to Matt? Please lets have this group buy in the hands of someone that is able to finish it off? It makes me cry every night.

Also

700 DAYS 11 HOURS 39 MINUTES, woo 700 days people!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4671 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 13:51:32 »

I think it's 2 years since I paid either this month in a couple of days or the start of next month, but I'm pretty sure this month.

Hey guys, remember how we supposed to get this by  December, January at the latest, of 2013?

More

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4672 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 13:53:41 »

I think it's 2 years since I paid either this month in a couple of days or the start of next month, but I'm pretty sure this month.

Hey guys, remember how we supposed to get this by  December, January at the latest, of 2013?

More
Show Image

I can't even imagine how salty I would be.. good luck

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4673 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 13:59:06 »

5/28/2013 for me.

Next oldest outstanding purchase is from 5/18/2014.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4674 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:08:29 »
5/28/2013 for me.

Then it might have actually been last month and I'm past the two year mark.

Offline tbc

« Reply #4675 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 23:26:41 »
Komar, can you please get back to Matt? Please lets have this group buy in the hands of someone that is able to finish it off? It makes me cry every night.

it hurts my feelings as well :(

can tj's friends just coordinate and get it shipped out to another 'distributor'?  or does tj just not want anyone visiting his place to do a pickup?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline agor

« Reply #4676 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:37:29 »
I'm in since the 31st of May, 2013 and I just hope something will arrive someday....
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #4677 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 23:13:16 »
Paid June 1, 2013.  Hmm, almost like an anti-anniversary?

So acknowledging that shipping costs have gone up, and some other stuff has cropped up, how much do we need to contribute to balance this out?  I know this has been asked before, but if that's what this is going to take then let's get with it!
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4678 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 23:34:11 »
5/28/2013 for me.

Just double checked, 5/28/13 for me as well. 

I just want to know that this is going somewhere.  I had a small order, but it was huge money for me when I bought into this. 

Offline 4814

« Reply #4679 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 13:47:47 »
Can we demand a refound? It has been over two years and there is no noticeable progress, not even updates on the current situation  :(

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4680 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 14:16:59 »
Can we demand a refound? It has been over two years and there is no noticeable progress, not even updates on the current situation  :(

You can demand all you want, but the money has already been spent and the product already produced. And paypal only gives you 60 days to request a refund, so I think we're slightly over that limit.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4681 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 20:47:07 »

You can demand all you want, but the money has already been spent and the product already produced. And paypal only gives you 60 days to request a refund, so I think we're slightly over that limit.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline metafour

« Reply #4682 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 23:22:34 »
How about the people that were talking to tj about taking over chime in here about what's going on or what happened?

There's way too little communication going on regarding every aspect of this group buy right now.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #4683 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 01:22:00 »
I talked to TJ, shipping everything to me would be insanely expensive.

I'm glad to take over just the EU orders anyway, but I've got the feeling there's no budget even for that (just my opinion, no official word). Anyway I'm still available at contributing financially. I could advance some funds and hopefully get something back as donations.

Offline Qipz

« Reply #4684 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 02:00:40 »
Depending on the costs I would also like to chime in to get the EU orders to people who are willing to handle the rest

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #4685 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 09:52:58 »
I talked to TJ, shipping everything to me would be insanely expensive.

I'm glad to take over just the EU orders anyway, but I've got the feeling there's no budget even for that (just my opinion, no official word). Anyway I'm still available at contributing financially. I could advance some funds and hopefully get something back as donations.

I myself have looked into something similar before when picking up a previous group buy. It's interesting, but most postal services have an agreement with other countries to get the package to their local shipping port and from that point on it's up to each respective post office to shoulder the cost to get the package from the port to the final address. This is why you see inexpensive $1 items being sent from China to the US while asking yourself how they could even afford the shipping. China also gives shipping subsidies, etc.. but I digress.  So in a nutshell you're paying to get it to the port of that country. Sure it's always cheaper to ship locally vs internationally, but overall the costs aren't too bad. After searching around I found a good way to get a shipping discount through USPS which was a little better then their online price. It's basically this > https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Paypal has a shipping site which is hidden pretty well but the direct link works after you've logged in once. This offers the best shipping rate I've found, without paying some type of monthly fee to send stuff (i.e. stamps.com). Buy some cheap sticker paper (i.e. DigiOrange Full Sheet Labels) and boxes on amazon and you're golden.

On that note, Matt I still want to send you a Phantom kit ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2015, 09:56:29 by Wildcard »

Offline metafour

« Reply #4686 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 10:22:30 »
It sounded to me like tj was talking to other members aside from Matt3o about taking over. You were open about the fact that it ended up being too expensive to ship everything overseas and then tj said he was in talks with other members. Where did all that end up?

Offline mauri

« Reply #4687 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 12:18:06 »
so whats crackalackin fam?? indefinite hiatus, dead and buried or wat?
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4688 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 20:32:34 »
so whats crackalackin fam?? indefinite hiatus, dead and buried or wat?

I'm going with rotting/rusting in a garage.

Offline miscsubbin

« Reply #4689 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 08:07:46 »
Oh man. For years I've always said that this was going to happen eventually. I guess it's finally time to admit that I flushed a bunch of money down the toilet. Such a shame my first (and probably last) group buy had to be like this.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4690 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 09:59:56 »
Oh man. For years I've always said that this was going to happen eventually. I guess it's finally time to admit that I flushed a bunch of money down the toilet. Such a shame my first (and probably last) group buy had to be like this.

There are some very well respected and established group buy organizers that you can trust to deliver the product you pay for. I recommend having a look at [CTRL]ALT (or their forum)

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4691 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 16:08:33 »
Can we get costs for shipping the EU stuff and get it sorted out? I have no idea of the weight or size of the EU order, we can get arrange a fund to get it sorted through Matt3o or any other trust worthy EU forumite. Just need Komar to bloody answer!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4692 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 16:21:56 »
Can we get costs for shipping the EU stuff and get it sorted out? I have no idea of the weight or size of the EU order, we can get arrange a fund to get it sorted through Matt3o or any other trust worthy EU forumite. Just need Komar to bloody answer!

FYI, Komar doesn't even have most of the EU stuff in his possession yet.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4693 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 15:08:59 »
Well I guess we need to get the rest over here! We need Komar and TJ to work with us to get this moving again, We can't have this group buy on an moving finish date.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4694 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 15:44:27 »
TJ, what's the update on someone (like Brad) taking over the shipping?  It's almost been a month since you said you were talking with people about it.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #4695 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 10:51:41 »
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4696 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 16:17:11 »
TJ, what's the update on someone (like Brad) taking over the shipping?  It's almost been a month since you said you were talking with people about it.

Oh damn, I thought I'd confirmed that apoc was getting everything.  Only hang up now is me transporting stuff to a meeting point, but that will be resolved one of two ways by mid week.

Offline metafour

« Reply #4697 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 16:21:44 »
Thank you for the update.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4698 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 16:27:02 »
Thanks.  Last I saw from him it sounded like he was just going to be building orders that needed to be built and shipping those.  Now it's been confirmed that he'll be doing all the shipping of everything?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4699 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 16:37:50 »
Thanks.  Last I saw from him it sounded like he was just going to be building orders that needed to be built and shipping those.  Now it's been confirmed that he'll be doing all the shipping of everything?

That's what my understanding is, yes.