Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624541 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR ???)
« Reply #5550 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:01:02 »
A little transparency would be nice.

What is the status of the US PCBs?  Where are they?

Who is holding the plates?

Who has the switches/stabs?

Have all the funds been transferred to the person who is supposed to be taking over?

This is beyond a cluster**** at this point and it honestly feels like a bunch of people standing around pointing fingers at others and saying it's not their problem.

Blame WFD all you want since he is the original source of the problem, but I feel beyond disrespected by TJ and his total lack of acknowledging anything that's going on and keeping everyone out of the loop. 

And I do want to thank Bunny and Matt3o for taking on parts of this huge mess to try and get it going somewhere.  I know it has to be equally frustrating for you guys.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:03:01 by nubbinator »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5551 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:02:25 »
I hereby officially declare myself beaten if I can't have the boards moved by January 15th.

I tried all I could and we were able at least to move the boards from China, so this was not a complete disaster at least. I'll try again to get these US boards moving in the coming days, but if that doesn't happen you'll have to find yourself another idiot enthusiast who maybe will be more lucky than myself.
So is this entire buy hung up on TJ not shipping anything to samwisekoi?

yes, I guess the holiday season doesn't help, that's why I said Jan 15th

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5552 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:16:15 »
Okay, seriously.

i3oiler has offered to help, and has the required infrastructure (I trust samwisekoi, but he hasn't logged on in forever...?).

Can I just, like, drive to TX and pick up the stuff and drop it off in Chicago??

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5553 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:18:20 »
Okay, seriously.

i3oiler has offered to help, and has the required infrastructure (I trust samwisekoi, but he hasn't logged on in forever...?).

Can I just, like, drive to TX and pick up the stuff and drop it off in Chicago??

I'll put up $50 towards gas and even take you out to dinner if you pass by my place on the way.

I know Texas is a big place but how far is it for @jdcarpe to go get everything?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5554 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:19:52 »
Okay, seriously.

do you have a huge car/pickup/van?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5555 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:21:05 »
Okay, seriously.

I drive a Subaru Outback.  Not huge, but definitely roomy.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5556 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:32:00 »
Okay, seriously.

I don't think that would be enough

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #5557 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:34:12 »
I am not in this buy, but I would be willing to donate money and / or time if it would help it reach fulfillment.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5558 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:34:25 »
Okay, seriously.

I don't think that would be enough

Perhaps if there were some pics of the goods we could better judge what size vehicle is required.  ;)  I could likely borrow something big enough if it's the only way to make progress here.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5559 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:44:55 »
okay calm down. it seems things are finally moving. I'll keep you posted! Everything should go to Ron in the coming days.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #5560 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 13:46:08 »
Okay, seriously.

I'll put up $50 towards gas and even take you out to dinner if you pass by my place on the way.

I am willing to donate $50 as well towards gas, any sort of uhaul rental etc. to help out.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5561 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 14:10:44 »
okay calm down. it seems things are finally moving. I'll keep you posted! Everything should go to Ron in the coming days.

Excellent, great to hear!  I don't know about everyone else, but I am calm.  :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5562 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 14:13:19 »
I know Texas is a big place but how far is it for @jdcarpe to go get everything?

It's 387 miles each way, give or take, according to Google maps. I would go pick up everything, if needed, but the first chance I have would be  2016-01-09.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #5563 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 17:25:47 »
Things moving is good news!

Seconded on tossing in some $$$ on shipping or something. I'm also willing to do solder work pro-bono (I've got a decently steady hand, and soldering through-hole isn't hard.), if we need volunteers.

Let's get this done. I wanna see people with GH60s and happy (or at least not angry) and this chapter closed out.

Offline agor

« Reply #5564 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 09:36:54 »
I have been reasonably quite here, but I have also invested about 240$ into this and would really love to see a picture of the hopefully shipped goods when they arrive at destination x and I think this would be in mostly everybodies interest
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5565 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:06:08 »
I know everyone wants a "proof of life" photo, but it doesn't seem like TJ is willing to do that. All I can tell you is that the switches for sure exist, as I had them all at one time, and shipped them to TJ. ApocalypseMaow has the plates made locally, and he shipped those to TJ, so we can assume those also exist. As the fab sent BunnyLake the EU PCBs, we can probably assume that they did in fact manufacture the US PCBs, and shipped them to TJ. Ivan seems to have shipped stabs elsewhere, so it's a pretty safe bet that he sent TJ the GB stabs, as well. So, I guess whenever TJ feels like shipping everything, we might see this move a bit.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5566 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:38:38 »
I know everyone wants a "proof of life" photo, but it doesn't seem like TJ is willing to do that. All I can tell you is that the switches for sure exist, as I had them all at one time, and shipped them to TJ. ApocalypseMaow has the plates made locally, and he shipped those to TJ, so we can assume those also exist. As the fab sent BunnyLake the EU PCBs, we can probably assume that they did in fact manufacture the US PCBs, and shipped them to TJ. Ivan seems to have shipped stabs elsewhere, so it's a pretty safe bet that he sent TJ the GB stabs, as well. So, I guess whenever TJ feels like shipping everything, we might see this move a bit.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that it exists (I've never doubted that).  The pics for 'proof' would really just be to calm the nerves a bit, and tbh it takes literally a minute so that's the main reason people are still asking - not because it will mean much, but because "why not?"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5567 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:39:54 »
I find it funny that he can't find time to take even a ****ty cell phone pic of the stuff, yet found the time to take almost 100 product shots last month.  Mkawa is getting shredded in the smallfry jd40 buy, but TJ gets a free pass.

I appreciate that people are working on it behind the scenes, but we really could do with some transparency to assuage the pain from the constant broken timelines and unkept promises.

And like Hoff said, the pics aren't too prove that they exist, but just to calm nerves, show that someone actually has them, and to show that they're not in rotting boxes and poor conditions.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:42:44 by nubbinator »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #5568 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:43:05 »
I find it funny that he can't find time to take even a ****ty cell phone pic of the stuff, yet found the time to take almost 100 product shots last month.  Mkawa is getting shredded in the smallfry jd40 buy, but TJ gets a free pass.

I appreciate that people are working on it behind the scenes, but we really could do with some transparency to assuage the pain from the constant broken timelines and unkept promises.

I have no horse in this race, but I agree entirely with this sentiment. It looks like this buy was started in March of 2013. I think at this point anyone who has invested their time and money into should be allowed to not only request, but demand some answers.

This is some shady "business" going on here.

Edit: It's WhiteFireDragon's fault.  :mad:
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:56:19 by FLFisherman »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5569 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:46:46 »

I have no horse in this race, but I agree entirely with this sentiment. It looks like this buy was started in March of 2013. I think at this point anyone who has invested their time and money into should be allowed to not only request, but demand some answers.

Just to clear things up for people who might not have been around when this started, it should be known that TJ had nothing to do with the original group buy (other than accepting payment - but no part in production or shipping).  He took over the shambles left by WhiteFireDragon, and frankly the buy would be entirely dead without TJ stepping up to do so.  So he certainly deserves our thanks for that.

What has happened since then is less than ideal, but it seems like people are forgetting (or simply didn't know) that TJ did not run this buy into the ground.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5570 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 11:23:02 »
what's up with the shark costume thing btw?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5571 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 11:23:44 »
if this is indeed moving in the next couple weeks, that is awesome.

Ron or whoever, just don't forget about address confirmation/changes that people need to make! I know im not the only one.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #5572 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 11:27:03 »

Just to clear things up for people who might not have been around when this started, it should be known that TJ had nothing to do with the original group buy (other than accepting payment - but no part in production or shipping).  He took over the shambles left by WhiteFireDragon, and frankly the buy would be entirely dead without TJ stepping up to do so.  So he certainly deserves our thanks for that.

What has happened since then is less than ideal, but it seems like people are forgetting (or simply didn't know) that TJ did not run this buy into the ground.

Yep. In fact i've actually done group buys with TJ, and he's been nothing but prompt and efficient. He ran Klaxon which was my first group buy and it was a good experience.

This is a project TJ picked up to try and fix for the people who put in money, got involved and now people are at his door with pitchforks instead of going after the people who are fully responsible for this ****storm. WFD seems to have poofed and I see him getting very little flak at this point.

Tbh, I don't blame TJ for not wanting to even think about this buy. I'd imagine it's like putting off a term paper. You keep knowing you need to start it, but it keeps getting later and later and it just becomes more daunting and frustrating and you'll do anything else instead of doing that. It's easy once you're moving, but getting that initial push done has a mental block, and eventually everyone is yelling at you how you're not starting the paper and how stupid you're being, and that makes you want to do it even less. We've kinda done that to him.

Would I love some pictures? hell yes. Do I wanna see things shipped? 100% yes. I'm frustrated and have somewhat given up. I don't do large groupbuys that aren't run by companies anymore. But I'm more happy that this might actually finish out. Just let me know if I can help. Have Car/Will Travel/Solder/Pack/Ship/What have you.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #5573 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 11:31:00 »

Shark lifestyle. There was a whole weekend on it. You must steer clear of off topic to have missed it till now.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #5574 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 11:34:16 »

Halverson started this thread and it took on a life of it's own.

Offline agor

« Reply #5575 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 12:09:48 »
I didn't mean to spark the discussion into the "blame territory" again and I am sorry for that.
I am in no way trying to blame anyone, I just want to see and get the feeling that something is moving. Even if its just a picture of friggin boxes, at least its something.
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5576 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 12:58:20 »
there's me saying that it is moving. Just FYI, I'm the guy who had the EU boards moving when all seemed lost (of course all the heavy lifting was done by bunny).

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5577 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 03:20:29 »
TJ is letting me know that the delivery guys were like O_____O when they saw the quantity of stuff to load and they will need to try again with a bigger truck :P

Offline mkaito

« Reply #5578 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 07:18:31 »
You guys seem to really like sharks  :))

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5579 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 16:50:21 »
We've got a little Christmas miracle. The boards are on their way to Ron. They should arrive at destination early next year. I'll contact Ron next week to organize the next step (ie: shipping to proxies).

Merry Christmas to everybody.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #5580 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 17:12:23 »
We've got a little Christmas miracle. The boards are on their way to Ron. They should arrive at destination early next year. I'll contact Ron next week to organize the next step (ie: shipping to proxies).

Thanks again for all the work you and everybody else are putting into this.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5581 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 17:16:55 »

Thank you matt3o for your work.  Any reason Ron and TJ don't just communicate directly and post updates in here?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5582 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 17:23:59 »

Thank you matt3o for your work.  Any reason Ron and TJ don't just communicate directly and post updates in here?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5583 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 17:31:00 »

Ron would have to login to post. :rolleyes:

And please for the love of all things keyboards don't use dorkvader as a proxy.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5584 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 01:07:28 »

Ron doesn't have time. TJ doesn't want to deal with all the **** this post is throwing. I'm happy to facilitate the process.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5585 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 01:11:06 »

Ron doesn't have time. TJ doesn't want to deal with all the **** this post is throwing. I'm happy to facilitate the process.

I do have to say thanks for making sure things are moving and getting it going again.  It's good to see that we finally have progress.

That said, that's pretty ****ty of TJ.  All anyone was asking was an update for where things were from him and a rough idea of when things would ship.  No one was asking for his head, just him to acknowledge the situation.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5586 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 01:22:16 »

I'm having a hard time phrasing this in a way that doesn't sound confrontational, so please don't take it that way, but...if Ron doesn't have time to post in this thread, are we sure he has time to ship these boards out?  Again, I trust Ron and would never question his character; it just seems like the most reasonable follow up question.  :-[

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5587 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 02:12:32 »
I'm having a hard time phrasing this in a way that doesn't sound confrontational, so please don't take it that way, but...if Ron doesn't have time to post in this thread, are we sure he has time to ship these boards out?  Again, I trust Ron and would never question his character; it just seems like the most reasonable follow up question.  :-[

if he said he can do it, I have no reason to think otherwise.

That said, that's pretty ****ty of TJ.  All anyone was asking was an update for where things were from him and a rough idea of when things would ship.  No one was asking for his head, just him to acknowledge the situation.

I really don't see the problem. We are resolving this, aren't we? It's not that he vanished into thin air.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #5588 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 02:16:41 »

Great news! Thank you, Matt3o and guys involved with this thing.
Now, we need to post cute koi images to attract Ron to this thread? ;D

Happy holidays!

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 December 2015, 02:20:15 by hasu »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #5589 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 02:51:27 »

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #5590 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 06:45:01 »
Glad to hear its making progress again. Hopefully bunny doesn't mind keeping a hold of some of our stuff while we wait :)

Offline tronbeaver

« Reply #5591 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 09:51:26 »

Ron would have to login to post. :rolleyes:

And please for the love of all things keyboards don't use dorkvader as a proxy.

What is wrong with DorkVader?

Oh, I just read that thread about him.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78169.0

What's with people not shipping product here at Geekhack?
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 14:18:45 by tronbeaver »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #5592 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 18:18:02 »
Glad to hear about the progress. Someday I hope to finally be able to put these in my hammer cases which have still been sitting in a box ;)

Offline evert

« Reply #5593 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 05:01:36 »
Hi,

Do any of you guys have any more info on what bootloader and fuse settings is shipped with the GH60?

I am trying to make the ESC Led work but am unable to set/unset PF6.

In the documentation of the ATmega32u4 I read something about port F being a JTAG debugging port which can be disabled by the fuses...

Kind regards,

Evert

Offline mauri

« Reply #5594 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 06:00:39 »

Does this mean the plates and stabs too are moving?

Ya'll r doin lawds work.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2015, 06:02:22 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5595 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 06:35:05 »

Is this a real question, or just a troll comment?  The vast majority of GB's, etc. go smoothly and with little drama. It's only the few that don't that get the attention and rage.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5596 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 08:47:04 »

Is this a real question, or just a troll comment?  The vast majority of GB's, etc. go smoothly and with little drama. It's only the few that don't that get the attention and rage.

I don't think I've seen a non-troll post from that guy.

Offline viasacra89

« Reply #5597 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:12:01 »
At this rate, HL3 will come out before I get my keyboard completed.
|Filco MJ2 TKL Browns|

Offline qwack

« Reply #5598 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 17:02:09 »

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #5599 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 08:38:10 »
At this rate, HL3 will come out before I get my keyboard completed.

Now you are just being silly  :p
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)