Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624546 times)

Offline eon

Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #5900 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 10:39:42 »
I can't remember exactly what I ordered and the google doc sheet (link from the OP) is empty.

Can someone help me ?

Poker MX Red - Photos

Offline metafour

« Reply #5901 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 03:11:08 »

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #5902 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 22:04:29 »
WEEKEND UPDATE

All four proxy orders are picked and packed.
The only things not ready to go are the White switches and the DIY kits.  We were a tiny bit short on Clears, but only a tiny bit.

For Europe, we did not have enough of each item to hit Matt3o's estimates.  We were short on a couple of plates and had extras of a few others.  Oddly, we didn't have enough of the dang tiny screws Cherry now uses on PCB-mount stabilizers.  We had many hundreds, but not quite enough hundreds of them.  Anyhow, the Europe pick list was an estimate, so I'll send the exact counts to Bunnylake while I figure out how to ship 20 Kg of plates to the UK for re-distribution.

During the week I will figure out what combination of UPS and USPS will be best for the CONUS shipments.  Once I know that I will get those out of my office and on their way to the next level down in the pyramid.

One final note: if someone wants to be in charge of the DIY kits, please contact me.

Cheers to all of you!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I have 63 clears in my order that can be switched for brown, green or blue - no issue.
GH60 Nevermore

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #5903 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 22:17:05 »
Sorry for bumping this thread, but can someone teach me on how to flash the firmware?
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #5904 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 12:11:14 »
Any updates for Euro orders? I can't get my PCB from the UK distributor until the plates are sorted :(

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #5905 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 12:25:03 »
Sorry for bumping this thread, but can someone teach me on how to flash the firmware?

You may wanna start here: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/tree/master/keyboard/gh60

Further help can be found in this topic here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41989.0

:thumb:

Offline bupsthename

« Reply #5906 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 08:47:23 »
I and a few other people took over unpaid orders, and I don't appear to be on the list of lists that was posted earlier. Anyone know how those are going to be dealt with?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5907 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 09:15:07 »
I and a few other people took over unpaid orders, and I don't appear to be on the list of lists that was posted earlier. Anyone know how those are going to be dealt with?

Do you remember whose order your took over?  Unfortunately the proxies don't have perfect information to work from, so there will be some work needed on all sides to get this all sorted out. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5908 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 09:17:31 »
Hoff ninja'd me.

Offline bupsthename

« Reply #5909 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 09:21:32 »

Do you remember whose order your took over?  Unfortunately the proxies don't have perfect information to work from, so there will be some work needed on all sides to get this all sorted out.

Edit: Yeah, I figured it out. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to be listed on the list? Is that every order or are there others?
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 May 2016, 09:30:27 by bupsthename »

Offline Qipz

« Reply #5910 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 10:37:45 »
I've got the same problem, I took over Numeros's (or something similar, my memory is a bit vague) order but since I'm in EU I expected my name not to be on the lists, but iirc his name nor mine wasnt on the EU list, I hope it'll get sorted out when they overlook the "special orders" at the end.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5911 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 10:52:17 »
The original payment deadline is reaching its third anniversary. Thank you to those that are working to salvage it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5912 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 10:56:23 »

Edit: Yeah, I figured it out. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to be listed on the list? Is that every order or are there others?

Some of the lists floating around are US or EU specific, which might explain it?  I saw your post before the edit, and based on the information in that spreadsheet (the comments and info like that), we might be able to track down exactly which order it is.  Of course, if you do know whose it was and that name isn't anywhere to be found, that might be a bit more difficult.

Offline osxoep

« Reply #5913 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 12:54:49 »
The original unpaid order sheet didn't include the usernames, iirc.

It just had the original order number and what the order was.
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline bupsthename

« Reply #5914 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 12:59:54 »
The original unpaid order sheet didn't include the usernames, iirc.

It just had the original order number and what the order was.

Yeah, it doesn't, but cross-referencing with the original list shows who it was.

Anyway, it was reddeth, a US order. Hopefully the lists posted above aren't all the US ones!

Offline osxoep

« Reply #5915 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 14:34:39 »
Yeah, it doesn't, but cross-referencing with the original list shows who it was.

Anyway, it was reddeth, a US order. Hopefully the lists posted above aren't all the US ones!

do you have a link to the original list? i cant find a working one
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5916 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 14:41:51 »
I want to encourage anyone who paid money who has not been contacted please let us know you are owed an order.

I can't speak for the other guys but personally I'll do whatever I can to help people get what they ordered however most if not all of the parts have already been sorted into shipments for the individual proxies based on the information we have. Hopefully we will get them soon so we can start shipping things out.

Having said that the hard truth is

-some orders simply won't be fulfilled; at best until we get a majority of orders out and find we have extras or possibly not at all due to not having the proper information and/or parts
 -not everyone who does get an order will get everything they ordered

Some parts were never ordered (just a reminder the money is long gone and that has nothing to do with any of us currently involved), other parts have already been found out to be short on amount and as has been mentioned we are limited by the information we have been given to work from.

The names that have been posted in this thread are the only names the CONUS proxies have an order on record for.

Don't give up hope, we all want this to succeed as best it can.  8)

Offline bupsthename

« Reply #5917 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 15:26:19 »
I want to encourage anyone who paid money who has not been contacted please let us know you are owed an order.

I can't speak for the other guys but personally I'll do whatever I can to help people get what they ordered however most if not all of the parts have already been sorted into shipments for the individual proxies based on the information we have. Hopefully we will get them soon so we can start shipping things out.

-some orders simply won't be fulfilled; at best until we get a majority of orders out and find we have extras or possibly not at all due to not having the proper information and/or parts

Some parts were never ordered (just a reminder the money is long gone and that has nothing to do with any of us currently involved), other parts have already been found out to be short on amount and as has been mentioned we are limited by the information we have been given to work from.

The names that have been posted in this thread are the only names the CONUS proxies have an order on record for.

I'm just afraid the people who didn't pay were removed without the people who picked up their orders ever being added to any lists. Can anyone else who's in a similar situation say if they or the person they replaced is on any of these?

do you have a link to the original list? i cant find a working one

This is one I found in the thread from TJ: looks like you're on there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-lBJlTdauVcQHwEUY45BxDDy-QEKVCBu0oDNDG_qzRk/edit#gid=0
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 May 2016, 15:30:21 by bupsthename »

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #5918 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 15:46:30 »
If anyone is looking to cross reference an unpaid order they picked up, here is the link to the unpaid orders post when they went up for sale:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41464.msg947513#msg947513

I just cross referenced the unpaid order I picked up with the list @bupsthename just posted above, looks like my unpaid order was originally for gmjhowe. Not sure if that helps anyone. Or if it helps me. But there you go.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5919 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 16:09:12 »
I can't speak for the other guys but personally I'll do whatever I can to help people get what they ordered

Same.  :thumb:

As another small note, I've already had a couple responses from people on my list saying that they sold the order but I have no information regarding *who* they sold it to.  It is very likely that we'll find a few more of these, and also likely that these things may have been sold multiple times.  Tracking all of this information down is not a trivial task, but as Ray said we do really want everyone with money in this to wind up with as much of their stuff as is possible.  So please bear with us as we work through all of the many hurdles, and let's get this whole chapter closed once and for all.  :)

Offline netdevil

« Reply #5920 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:33:23 »

Hi I am international and according to the spreadsheet my order includes assembly and red switches and I have also sent my own Clear to TJcaustin almost 3 years ago to have an ergo clear board.

I tried contacting the people who were in charged of my order but I mostly get ignored.

If you would please point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful Sir.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5921 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 19:03:45 »

Hi I am international and according to the spreadsheet my order includes assembly and red switches and I have also sent my own Clear to TJcaustin almost 3 years ago to have an ergo clear board.

I tried contacting the people who were in charged of my order but I mostly get ignored.

If you would please point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful Sir.

Bunnylake would be your proxy.

As far as the parts sent to TJ you would have to take that up with TJ.

Offline agor

« Reply #5922 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 01:26:47 »
I also paid for two international keyboards w/ assembly, not contacted yet
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #5923 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 20:23:07 »
hows that sorting coming along?

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #5924 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 18:36:53 »

I am from Canada and my proxy is Mashby and I have not been contacted.  Checked inbox and spam, and tried multiple PMs, but nada.  Did receive confirmation from Matt3o a while back that my order (PCB and switches) is on file, just looking for some confirmation.  Thanks

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5925 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 21:08:31 »

I am from Canada and my proxy is Mashby and I have not been contacted.  Checked inbox and spam, and tried multiple PMs, but nada.  Did receive confirmation from Matt3o a while back that my order (PCB and switches) is on file, just looking for some confirmation.  Thanks
I thought @mashby had contacted all his people.

Hopefully he will see this and chime in.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #5926 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 16:51:49 »

SpAmRaY do you know where we are with the US orders? Are we looking to collect additional shipping funds and finish up the orders anytime soon?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5927 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 18:48:58 »

SpAmRaY do you know where we are with the US orders? Are we looking to collect additional shipping funds and finish up the orders anytime soon?
We are waiting on samwisekoi to send us the goods before we collect any shipping moneys.

He's pretty close to being done as far as I know.

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #5928 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:37:20 »

Yeah, I'm on that list a few pages back (Trueno86), I saw it like two weeks after his post and couldn't find anything in Email/PMs.  PM'ed right away a few times (not too many as I know you're busy) but no response, so yeah hopefully he sees it here :-D.

Offline mickd

« Reply #5929 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 07:36:43 »
Have international orders been contacted yet? If not, no big deal. I'm just wondering.

Offline mauri

« Reply #5930 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 07:54:17 »
hello to the other side
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 May 2016, 07:56:24 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #5931 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 10:25:42 »
Show Image

Saw this gif and had to comment.  One of my favorite shows. Silicon Valley is the best.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline metafour

« Reply #5932 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 23:29:40 »
Show Image

Saw this gif and had to comment.  One of my favorite shows. Silicon Valley is the best.

Word. And on that note I've not received an email regarding my order. Has Hoff not gotten through his list or did I miss it some how?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5933 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 08:19:26 »
Has Hoff not gotten through his list

Correct.  You haven't missed anything yet, I'm just still working through my list.

Offline kekstee

« Reply #5934 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:54:36 »
As I understand the situation this salvage mode concerns CONUS orders for all existing parts.
I still have two plates (Universal + Poker) (and stabs?) somewhere which I don't particularly need anymore.
Especially if the money for further international shipping is missing anyway.

Are there options for someone to adopt those or would it just add further confusion? Donation to the cause?

Offline Prelim

« Reply #5935 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 13:31:28 »
I can take it @kekstee and pay the shipping costs, of course.  :thumb:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #5936 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:01:45 »
Ill take it PM and ill pay right away!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5937 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:08:56 »
I would discourage anyone from buying a GH60 order at this point.

Offline thegagne

« Reply #5938 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:44:13 »
Any volunteers for assembly for US orders? My proxy is Spamray if that makes any difference.

Do we know if the shipments have been mailed to proxies yet? Last I saw it sounded like things were close to on their way.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5939 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:48:06 »
Do we know if the shipments have been mailed to proxies yet?

No shipments to us yet.  I'm sure there will be a post in here when we start to receive them.  :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5940 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 17:06:54 »
will this be at my door in time for that lustro case
I love Elzy

Offline kekstee

« Reply #5941 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 19:00:03 »
@Prelim: I thought about giving it to an existing US order, but only if the organiser could even deal with something like that.

I would discourage anyone from buying a GH60 order at this point.
Thanks. I'll just wait and see what will happen for now.

Offline jabar

« Reply #5942 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 21:38:33 »
I was contacted a few months ago regarding paying more for shipping but nothing since.

e: looks like samwisekoi is almost done?
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 May 2016, 21:40:21 by jabar »
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #5943 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 12:51:34 »
Any updated news? its been over a month since anything has since been communicated.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5944 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:41:09 »
Any volunteers for assembly for US orders? My proxy is Spamray if that makes any difference.

Do we know if the shipments have been mailed to proxies yet? Last I saw it sounded like things were close to on their way.
I would be up for building some.  I only ask for help on shipping.  If there are a few that can come in a single package that would help and then once assembled I will hit up the owners of the board for shipping info and help on payment. 

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline chel-

« Reply #5945 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 17:00:18 »
I'm not active on these forums any more and I gave up reading this thread a long time ago, but I did just respond to an email from spamray that I got in March.  Have shipping costs been collected yet?

Offline Glissant

« Reply #5946 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 17:22:39 »
I'm not active on these forums any more and I gave up reading this thread a long time ago, but I did just respond to an email from spamray that I got in March.  Have shipping costs been collected yet?

Not yet.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #5947 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 04:32:51 »
What the...
What's with the orders from Europe?
Because I ordered and payed quite a few PCBs and parts and still have a like 8 empty aluminum cases which I bought for this PCBs O.o

Offline Glissant

« Reply #5948 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 08:48:10 »
What the...
Because I ordered and payed quite a few PCBs and parts and still have a like 8 empty aluminum cases which I bought for this PCBs O.o

EU orders will be handled by Bunnylake if I have understood stuff correctly. We all have to pay for shipping again. You can see most information in the first post, and it will be updated when there is relevant information available.

Offline mkaito

« Reply #5949 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 09:49:11 »
What the...

EU orders will be handled by Bunnylake if I have understood stuff correctly. We all have to pay for shipping again. You can see most information in the first post, and it will be updated when there is relevant information available.

Actually, I asked Bunny, but I never got him to confirm or deny that EU orders have to pay for shipping and/or assembly now. He did say that he was procuring new assembly gear and that he would provide such a service, so I'm assuming that we'd have to pay for that at least. I might be completely wrong on all accounts, though.