Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624484 times)

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #6050 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 14:34:31 »
Hey! I'm here.

Sorry for being AFK, but 2016 is one of the most difficult years I've had in a long time. Everything is "fine", just seems to be one thing after another, the flood in Louisiana being the latest. Both parents lost their homes and vehicles and it's been a bit crazy to say the least. Didn't mean to spend so much time away,  I've just had to focus on real life.

I'm still on standby for receiving my portion of the proxy. Just got word from Samwisekoi that the address he used was incorrect -- I don't know why yet -- and they were returned to him. I've given him my addresses and I'll pay for the re-shipping to get things back on track.

Once I have the boards in hand, I will get back to the list and confirm everyone again. With everything else on my plate, I figured this could wait until I had the items ready to ship and then just do it in one big batch.

Thanks for everyone's continued patience.

Thanks for responding! Best of luck with the homes and vehicles and everything else. :(

That really sucks.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6051 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 12:18:10 »
5 orders waiting to be shipped next post office trip and 7 more packed with invoices sent out

Offline miscsubbin

« Reply #6052 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:11:58 »
I still have not received an email / message from HoffmanMyster. Should I keep waiting or is there something I need to do?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6053 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:18:22 »
I still have not received an email / message from HoffmanMyster. Should I keep waiting or is there something I need to do?

All of the people on my list should hang tight for another week or so.  I'm taking care of some personal things at the moment, then will dedicate a lot more time to this once I get that sorted.  It's not ideal, but please bear with me just a little while longer.  :thumb:

Offline miscsubbin

« Reply #6054 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:55:23 »

All of the people on my list should hang tight for another week or so.  I'm taking care of some personal things at the moment, then will dedicate a lot more time to this once I get that sorted.  It's not ideal, but please bear with me just a little while longer.  :thumb:

That's fine, it's just tough to keep up to date with this thread for all these years.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6055 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 10:10:23 »

That's fine, it's just tough to keep up to date with this thread for all these years.

Oh I hear ya.  I'm looking forward to putting this one behind us once and for all.  :)

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #6056 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 17:09:47 »
Ray sure can package a box. I don't think customs wanted to even bother trying to open it its packed so well. lmao...

FINALLY AFTER YEARS OF WAITING IT HAS ARRIVED!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6057 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 17:14:53 »
Ray sure can package a box. I don't think customs wanted to even bother trying to open it its packed so well. lmao...

FINALLY AFTER YEARS OF WAITING IT HAS ARRIVED!

Glad it made it safely!

Offline rtos

« Reply #6058 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 19:37:29 »
I have just received an invoice from SpamRay for 1 GH60 PCB, 1 Poker Plate and 63 MX Brown switches.  If anyone is interested in a deal on these, and wishes to take over this order, please send me a PM, as I don't have any use for these any more.  Any reasonable offer will be accepted.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6059 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 19:42:28 »
I have just received an invoice from SpamRay for 1 GH60 PCB, 1 Poker Plate and 63 MX Brown switches.  If anyone is interested in a deal on these, and wishes to take over this order, please send me a PM, as I don't have any use for these any more.  Any reasonable offer will be accepted.

Just to be clear the invoice I sent is only for shipping and we are shipping these through PayPal so whoever this goes to will need to pay me for the shipping directly.

And it's packed and ready to go so I'd prefer to get it in the mail soon so it's out of the way.

:thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 August 2016, 19:53:42 by SpAmRaY »

Offline chel-

« Reply #6060 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 08:31:08 »
Received mine last week. Thanks to all involved.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6061 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 23:52:39 »
Woot, got mine today. Thank you, Ray!
This has to be the longest successful group buy.

Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with it.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6062 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 20:31:27 »
3 more dropped off this evening

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #6063 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 15:09:02 »
For those of you on my proxy list, I have tracking information. It's scheduled to arrive next Thursday, September 8th.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #6064 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 04:44:03 »
Any updates on EU shipments?

Offline regack

« Reply #6065 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 21:11:23 »
For those of you on my proxy list, I have tracking information. It's scheduled to arrive next Thursday, September 8th.

Thanks for the update Mashby.

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #6066 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 00:57:51 »
I got flooded out in BR, got invoice a few days ago (more like a week now), ready to click "go," but need address change... lol, after all this time, i have to move *right* when the GH60s start shipping. (i don't actually know my new address at this minute, but i can go find it when i get a reply from my shipper handler... SpAmRaY?)
Logitech G710+

Offline menuhin

Re: GH60 Group Buy - how is the progress on GH75?
« Reply #6067 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 05:37:13 »
I've just dug up some older posts, and found my dream layout - GH75.

Is there any progress or news about the GH75 and its casing options?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6068 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:39:44 »
I got flooded out in BR, got invoice a few days ago (more like a week now), ready to click "go," but need address change... lol, after all this time, i have to move *right* when the GH60s start shipping. (i don't actually know my new address at this minute, but i can go find it when i get a reply from my shipper handler... SpAmRaY?)

Sorry to hear about the flooding.

Just change your shipping address with PayPal, I'll be shipping to whatever address is on file with PayPal.

Also a PM or email would be recommended in case I miss a post in this thread for anyone with any issues.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:42:37 by SpAmRaY »

Offline jabar

« Reply #6069 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 19:28:31 »
Paid the shipping invoice today, Spamray.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6070 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 16:35:51 »
Received my package yesterday, thanks Ray! And thanks to everyone who is working to drag this thing over the finish line. :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6071 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 22:12:29 »
Paid the shipping invoice today, Spamray.

Yours is on the way. :thumb:

Received my package yesterday, thanks Ray! And thanks to everyone who is working to drag this thing over the finish line. :thumb:

Glad it made it! :spam:

Heads up to others I'm slowly packing what I have but it has been busy around here lately.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #6072 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 00:01:56 »
Mine arrived today, packaged very well by Ray!  Big thanks to all that helped organize this and resurrect it! I can't wait to get going on one! :thumb:

Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6073 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 10:56:31 »
I'm a little slow to get going, but I have one order shipped out as of today. 

There are a lot of parts involved in this, so all I can say at this point is that samwisekoi is a saint for sorting everything and tidying it all up for us proxies.  I knew how many orders (and PCBs, plates, switches, etc) I would be shipping, but opening the boxes and seeing it all in front of me was very overwhelming.  I hope that no one ever attempts a group buy of this scale again.

Offline kinruan

• SWAG=Specially Weaponized Asian Grandma
« Reply #6074 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 13:16:43 »
has this been shipped yet? i never received my set
If the world ends tomorrow, what should we have for dinner tonight?

Offline Index

« Reply #6075 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 13:18:22 »
I totally forgot about this groupbuy and I apologies for not responding earlier. I just read and replied mashby's confirmation email from Mar 23. The order and shipping information is correct. I am wondering if I am too late (responding with a confirmation) to get my order. If that's the case, completely understand. Otherwise, I am ready to pay for shipping.

Again, apologies.
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6076 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 13:39:09 »

I sent you a PM.

For everyone else I am around halfway done, I have not touched anything in the last week due to everyone in our household being ill. My shipping strategy has been shipping the simplest orders first so if you have a big order expect to be near the end.

For those who have DIY Kits those have not yet been shipped to us from @samwisekoi it is my understanding he was still working on getting all the small bits and pieces split into manageable bites to send to us proxies.

Also just in the way of information for those who ordered mx gray switches I only have linear grays and no tactile grays, I am not sure what the other proxies received and have not heard back from @samwisekoi as to if there were any tactile grays to begin with.

And just another FYI I know it has been discussed somewhere but for anyone who ordered costar stabilizers those were never sourced so they are not available.

Again I remind everyone those of us doing the shipping are simply trying to get everyone as correct an order as is possible to bring this buy to as best a resolution as there can be.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 September 2016, 13:40:42 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #6077 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 13:56:45 »
As stated before, I am willing to build several of these for those that ordered fully built boards.  I am even willing to cover some of the shipping if it helps.   :thumb:
I would prefer the conus boards, but if some for other parts of the world are still here in the US that need to be assembled, I can build and ship if needed and would just invoice the exact shipping costs. 

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #6078 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 21:04:04 »
Also just in the way of information for those who ordered mx gray switches I only have linear grays and no tactile grays, I am not sure what the other proxies received and have not heard back from @samwisekoi as to if there were any tactile grays to begin with.

I ordered tactile greys, but I am fine with linear.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #6079 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 00:36:34 »
So I built mine, figured out the hodge-podge of Bash on Windows 10, and got a basic Poker layout flashed on to test with (using 1.5x mods, so only one key short). Everything was working in Aquakeytest except the Enter key was stuck on.  My multimeter showed the switch as closed, but inside I could see it working. I swapped the spring/slider/top with the next key and it stayed on the Enter key. I removed the switch base, the switch works outside of the board, and the PCB contacts are shorted out.  Turns out that the screw for the Cherry PCB-mounted stab for the Enter key was shorting out a couple pads for the ISO Enter.  I didn't even think about it when I put the screw in, like an idiot.

Anyways, a note for anyone else that may be using Cherry PCB-mount stabs: Insulate that screw!!!

edit:  I can also confirm that Hasu's TMK firmware for basic Poker layout works with NKRO and Caps led (if I had one, but my logic probe says it's good).
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 September 2016, 01:26:33 by RickyJ »

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #6080 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 08:46:47 »
Yeah, those are NOT screw holes!

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #6081 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 10:50:11 »
that looks like you're sticking screws through your Vias on the board. Highly suggest you don't do that.

Unless you're not. I haven't seen one of the Rev C boards yet (still got my rev A looking for a plate though :) )

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #6082 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 15:26:34 »

I sent you a PM.

For everyone else I am around halfway done, I have not touched anything in the last week due to everyone in our household being ill. My shipping strategy has been shipping the simplest orders first so if you have a big order expect to be near the end.

For those who have DIY Kits those have not yet been shipped to us from @samwisekoi it is my understanding he was still working on getting all the small bits and pieces split into manageable bites to send to us proxies.

And just another FYI I know it has been discussed somewhere but for anyone who ordered costar stabilizers those were never sourced so they are not available.

Again I remind everyone those of us doing the shipping are simply trying to get everyone as correct an order as is possible to bring this buy to as best a resolution as there can be.

Thanks for the update! I'm taking bets on which will arrive first, GH60 or Toxic.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #6083 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 22:51:29 »
that looks like you're sticking screws through your Vias on the board. Highly suggest you don't do that.

Unless you're not. I haven't seen one of the Rev C boards yet (still got my rev A looking for a plate though :) )

The pcb-mount stabs from this GB and the stab GB use screws to keep them in place. The board was probably designed for the older Cherry style without screws, otherwise the stab would be flipped around.  I found an insulating washer in my electronics stuff, so it's all good now.

Offline jabar

« Reply #6084 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 22:56:59 »
Yours is on the way. :thumb:
And it arrived Tuesday. Now to figure out a case some 3 years later I guess...

Thanks Spamray, you delivered! I have my trebuchet aimed towards the sun, waiting for WfD.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #6085 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 04:22:47 »

The pcb-mount stabs from this GB and the stab GB use screws to keep them in place. The board was probably designed for the older Cherry style without screws, otherwise the stab would be flipped around.  I found an insulating washer in my electronics stuff, so it's all good now.

The first EVER stabilizers with screws were announced like two weeks ago by Zeal. I advise you to REALLY think about this!

Offline joey

« Reply #6086 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 04:36:51 »

The first EVER stabilizers with screws were announced like two weeks ago by Zeal. I advise you to REALLY think about this!
Nah, some older cherry boards had screw in stabilizers.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #6087 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 07:45:37 »
That should be screwed into a hole clearly designed for one of the leads to the switch...?

Anyway, sorry about being so adamant on the non-existence of screwless stabs, I looked into it a while ago, and I thought I was thorough enough, but I clearly wasn't. Ass-y behaviour on my part, and I feel kind of bad about it :(

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #6088 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 10:14:05 »
I can not quote the post because the groupbuy thread is locked but here is a link to the groupbuy.
search for the work bolt and the whole conversation will come up.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60789

the stabilizer groupbuy had some bolt style stabilizers in it, and they came direct from GMK.

I <3 Zeal, but he is not the first one running a GB for bolt style cherry pcb stabilizers.
Maybe he is having a new design made by someone other than GMK?
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 September 2016, 10:15:51 by domoaligato »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6089 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 10:22:30 »
btw for people that do not know what a insulating washer looks like...

they come with a lot of pc motherboards and if you have a old pc in your garage you plan to throw out you can harvest one from that.
or you can go to a pc repair shop and ask them if they have one.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #6090 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 10:52:28 »
I can not quote the post because the groupbuy thread is locked but here is a link to the groupbuy.
search for the work bolt and the whole conversation will come up.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60789

the stabilizer groupbuy had some bolt style stabilizers in it, and they came direct from GMK.

I <3 Zeal, but he is not the first one running a GB for bolt style cherry pcb stabilizers.
Maybe he is having a new design made by someone other than GMK?

I think he said they were (also) made by Gateron. They're in his current groupbuy on zealpc.net

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #6091 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 21:50:14 »

Two years ago is when Ivan ran the GB from GMK. ;)

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #6092 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 21:53:10 »
btw for people that do not know what a insulating washer looks like...

they come with a lot of pc motherboards and if you have a old pc in your garage you plan to throw out you can harvest one from that.
or you can go to a pc repair shop and ask them if they have one.

I had a few saved from one of my first pc builds 15 years ago, I knew they'd come in handy eventually!

Offline bupsthename

« Reply #6093 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 14:50:59 »
Any update on the fate of people who picked up unpaid orders? Does anyone know if those were ever even ordered?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6094 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 15:44:34 »
Any update on the fate of people who picked up unpaid orders? Does anyone know if those were ever even ordered?
All I can say is if the order wasn't in one of our lists we wouldn't have known to ask for the parts to proxy.

I'm not sure what is or will be leftover parts wise with @samwisekoi

And I know some parts were short or nonexistent already.

Offline tikhonovdanya

« Reply #6095 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 10:40:26 »
Sorry for inconvenience, some people told me that i still can buy here the GH60 pcb in black color. Is it truth or not?  :-X

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6096 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 10:44:19 »
Sorry for inconvenience, some people told me that i still can buy here the GH60 pcb in black color. Is it truth or not?  :-X

No that is not true.

Check this site, I think they can help you  :thumb:

http://falbatech.pl/prestashop/index.php?id_product=97&controller=product&id_lang=2

Offline tikhonovdanya

« Reply #6097 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 10:59:05 »
"This product is no longer in stock"

but thank you for the information! :rolleyes:

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6098 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 11:33:58 »
"This product is no longer in stock"

but thank you for the information! :rolleyes:

you can buy the green pcb here http://techkeys.us/collections/accessories/products/gh60

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #6099 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 13:36:58 »

The only GH60s in black that i know of are the matte black ones done for Rev A. and Rev B.